Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday Favorites

Boy, am I glad it's Friday!  This week has been a long one, and I am glad to see the weekend.  I have big plans to do some serious cleaning with my mom's help and I am excited to tackle my long to-do list.  It's supposed to be rainy and gross, so the perfect weather for spending time in indoors, getting things done.


Since today is supposed to be gross and rainy, I thought I would start off the post with a picture from last weekend was it was just absolutely gorgeous!

1.  Easter.  Easter was fabulous - I am still thinking about it!  The food was so good and I am still dreaming about all the desserts.  I really regret not bringing back leftovers, especially of the lamb cake.  Such a sweet treat!  And of course, the company was even better.  Although I feel like I have been going through this week like a chicken with its head cut off - I have got to prepare better next time I decide to drive back on Monday morning, rather than Sunday - it was worth it to be able to spend time with my family.

2.  Speaking of Easter, I received Essie's Sage You Love Me polish in my basket.  I painted my nails the other night and am loving the color.  It's a pretty color that kind of looks green, kind of looks blue, kind of looks gray, depending on the lighting.  I just think it is so pretty!

3.  Chick fil A app.  If you are are like me, you love Chick fil A.  I may be late to the party on this one, but they have an app!  A coworker shared this with me yesterday.  From the sounds of it, you just download the app, swipe it whenever you go to Chick fil A and start earning rewards!  Seems easy peasy to me!

4.  Navy, green and white.  I was really feeling this color combo this week when it came to work clothes.  To see what I mean, check out my work wear for the week post from Wednesday!

5.  Running.  I got away from running for awhile and am trying to get back into the groove.  This week I was able to run a mile without stopping - twice!  While it may not be a huge distance for many people, it was a definite win for me! 

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.    
      

15 comments:

  1. Yay for getting back into running! I feel like no matter how long you take off from running, after your first couple of runs back at it, it's like it just comes back. I hope you and your mom have fun this weekend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the running, I always stop, especially when I'm on the treadmill! Those tulips are so pretty! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great Essie color! I haven't tried the gel line yet. Your navy, green and white is inspiring me for an outfit this weekend :-)
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  4. So I went running for the first time in probably five years - I started off like "this is so easy" and then three minutes in I thought I was doing to die!! Also, I need that Chick-fil-A app - we eat there for lunch probably once a week (shhhh) because it's close to husby's work. Maybe with the app I won't feel as guilty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never been to Chick-fil-A and there is one not to far from my house. I know, I don't know why I have never been as I love chicken sandwiches. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love running-it does so much good for the soul, especially if you can do it outside on those perfect weather days. And I need the CFA app! With how much I sneak there it is silly not to.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to tell my hubs about the Chick Fil A app - he stops every day for tea there.. & chocolate chip cookies :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Chick Fil A but there aren't many around me :( That needs to change asap and someone needs to open one like right down the street lol. Enjoy your time with your mom and tackling some of those to-dos. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't know that Chick Fil A had an app??? I was just there yesterday! I love their salads. And of course, mini chicken biscuits! That essie color sounds perfect. Hope you have a great weekend! Rainy ones are sometimes my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been meaning to get the CFA app and I keep forgetting! We go there so much it's embarrassing, so I at least need to start getting my rewards! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Emily! I just bought two new shades of spring polishes from Essie and I am so excited to try them out...I also did not know CFA had an app but I'm going to download it now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Chick Fil A app too, it's wonderful and I love how they have healthier fast food! Do you listen to music while you run? I wish I liked running but I just don't, I do enjoy spin though. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flower pic! I really need to get used to using the chick fil a app, I go there all the time. You go girl on the running, a mile is a big deal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chick-Fil-A is one of my favorite restaurant chains. The food is always good and the customer service is great.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That nail polish is such a pretty color! I love it! I took advantage of the rain today too and cleaned out all of our clothes and organized all the closets. Yuck! Lousy job but I'm glad it's done! Hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete