Friday, April 14, 2017

Friday Favorites: Happy Easter!

Happy almost Easter!  And happy Friday!


Image result for happy friday

1.  It's two weeks into my weight loss challenge at work and I am happy to report that I have lost about 2 pounds!  Now, if I can only keep it up!

2.  Wednesday's post was about spring cleaning.  In it, I mentioned how in the past I have been lucky enough to have my mom come help me tackle the deep cleaning.  I didn't think it was possible for this year, but I was wrong!  She emailed me right after she read it and we set a weekend for her to come visit.  I guess the post ended up being an unintentional hint, and I am super glad it worked out that way.

3.  Again on the topic of spring cleaning - I was able to pull a lot of great to do's from others' posts.  I have been keeping a running list on my computer that I can add to whenever I think of anything, or read something that sparks a thought.  This way I can refer back to it when it's time for another deep clean.

4.  The Girl Chat link up was yesterday (thanks to everyone that linked up with us!) and it was all about Easter.  I really loved reading about everyone's Easter traditions.  It was fun to see how similar our Easter traditions are and then new and different ones that I hadn't heard of before.  Easter hasn't always been my favorite holiday, but this year I am really looking forward to it.

5.  A BIG thank you to Lizzie!  Yesterday somehow my settings got all messed up and reverted me back to a no reply blogger.  She was kind enough to let me know this and I was able to fix it.  When I first started blogging, I had never even heard of the term no reply blogger.  Basically, it means that your email is not linked to your account/comments you may leave on blog posts, so then the blogger who you comment on cannot reply back to you via email.  Some people choose to be a no reply blogger, but I like having my email linked up because I feel like that's how you create those connection in the blogging world.  I respond to comments via email (and occasionally directly on the post if someone has a question), so it's always a little disappointing when commenters don't have their email linked up.  If you are a no reply blogger and want to change it, I would suggest googling it, because there are some really great tutorials out there that can help you fix it!  Anyways, that got off a little bit, so again, thanks, Lizzie!

Hope everyone has a great weekend!  

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.    


13 comments:

  1. congrats on the 2 lbs gone! How nice to have your mom come help you deep clean. I need my mom to do that. She helped me tremendously when she was here last time, we tackled my garage which was awful! Moms are so great! Have a great Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the weight loss girl, that's amazing! I always have the hardest time keeping the weight off. And glad you got the no reply blogger thing fixed! Happy Friday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo for losing 2 lbs!! That's awesome! You are so welcome! I hate when blogger does that so it's good to just fix it right away :) Please let me know if that ever happens to me!! LOL Happy Easter weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your weight loss challenge going well girl!! I hope you have a great weekend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Easter Weekend to you! & congrats on doing well so far in your weight loss challenge at work - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your weight loss! That is so motivating and encouraging! And that's so crazy that your profile went back to no reply....is mine?
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the weight loss! Way to go! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah - you'll want to keep an eye out too because for some reason, blogger switches it back to no-reply "just because"... so if you see replies are being cut down, have someone look for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the weight loss challenge! that is awesome! I need to get back on my healthy train, it is so hard once you fall off. Hope you have a great weekend! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Her comments switched to no-reply as well. I just told her. That is crazy. Congrats on the weight loss!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been trying to switch my settings to be a reply blogger, but something with my yahoo email blocks it. I need to look into it while on break. Thanks for the reminder!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that your mom saw your post and now is able to come visit-- so thoughtful and I'm sure such a relief for you :) I remember when the first person told me I was a no-reply blogger and I was so thankful! It's one of those things that you really don't notice unless someone else tells you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Woohoo for the weight loss girl! I wish there was a way to show if you are a no-reply blogger, early on in blogging I was and luckily someone reached out and told me! Totally believe connecting with other bloggers is what has me coming back to blog! Also yay for your mom being able to come and help you clean!

    ReplyDelete