Thursday, April 6, 2017

April 2017 Goals

I am really excited about this month's goals post, mainly because I achieved all my goals for March!  Always great to start off a post with checking everything off!

March 2017 Goals:

1.  Budget!  Finally got this one done!  

2.  Schedule a dermatologist appointment.  Done!  Unfortunately, I couldn't get in right away, but I have one set, so that is what is important.

3.  Begin to organize.  I made good progress on organizing.  I have gone through my sweaters, bags, gift wrap supplies and dresses.  All in all, I have about 2.5 shopping bags of items to take to a consignment shop back home and a full trash bag has been donated.  I was able to store my gift wrapping items all in one spot, which is going to be so nice when it comes to getting gifts together.  Success!     

4.  CELEBRATE!  Yes.  I am going to sound like a broken record because I have mentioned my birthday celebrations so often (Part 1 and Part 2), but I promise this is the last time.   


Image result for hello april

April Goals

1.  Delete old phone numbers.  I have so many old numbers in my phone, it's ridiculous.  My contact list needs a thorough cleaning out.  

2.  Unsubscribe / clean out email.  My email has once again gotten out of control.  If you saw my Day in the Life post, you could see I have so many unread emails.  Before I knew about Bloglovin', I used to follow blogs via email, and now that I read blogs on Bloglovin' my email just gets chalk full of blog posts.  I also receive a lot of junk emails.  Instead of just deleting, I need to unsubscribe, even more than I already have.  This applies to my work email, too.  Things are picking up and so many emails are traded back and forth.  I am usually good at putting important emails in their appropriate folders, but I haven't been keeping up.  Hopefully this month I will get back on track.

3.  Check out less books from the library.  I am always having to renew library books, sometimes multiple times.  I just wanted to read all the books right this second and I often overestimate how quickly I can read them all.  I need to be more realistic and check out only a few at a time. 

4.  Continue to purge and organize.  I think this month I would like to finish my closet, as well as tackle my jewelry.  I went through my jewelry either last year or the year before, and got rid of a ton of things.  However, there is still so much I do not wear, so I want really get it down to only things I wear regularly, or special occasion items.

What are you goals for the month?

Linking up with Kristen and Annie.
     

19 comments:

  1. Oh man I need to go through old phone numbers and delete too. So many people I don't even remember who they are in my phone! un subscribing is so satisfying! Do you use unroll.me? It's so easy and sends you an email every day with your new subscriptions and allows you to unsubscribe all at once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha I love that one of your goals is to check out LESS books from the library!!! Sometimes I have to stop myself at one book when I go in there because I try to be realistic at how fast I'm going to read it. And yay for cleaning our your inbox!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG the old phone numbers, yes! I really should do that too. And the other day I actually spend 45 minutes unsubscribing to emails, it was painful but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job on your March goals girlie! I did ok on mine, but could have done better!

    And YASS to deleting old numbers! I need to do that so bad. I have random people and numbers from like 8 years ago that I should delete. If only to open up some storage! :) Good luck on the rest of you April goals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I pretty much want to steal all of your goals for this month and make them my own! I have so many phone numbers I don't need and emails to unsubscribe from...I'm at the point where I've created another email address to send important stuff to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our goals this month are super similar! I just tried unroll.me for unsubscribing & it was awesome. I have the same problem with the library, I'm always having to renew or pay a fine because I want all the books. I've decided to limit myself to one at a time for right now! I need to finish purging too! I have a ton of stuff ready to donate & consign already but I need to do so much more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I once told myself I should check out fewer books each time I went to the library. So last time I only checked out two, but they were both great, and I FLEW through them. So now I have no books, but it'll be a few more days before I can go back to get more, and now I'm sad because I have nothing to read. So, I'm back to checking out a million books each time I go.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same here about the library book thing. I have my library account tab open right now and I'm at the max number of holds already. ;D I like having options in case I get bored though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love when you share your goal posts because it gives me good ideas and is so motivating. Great job on your March goals. I've been working slowly on cleaning out my inboxes, it's just one of those tedious things that isn't fun, but feels so good when you're done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl, I need to clean out my old phone numbers as well! I've had the same cell phone number since 2000 so I literally still have all of my ex-boyfriends from high school/college in my phone. So bad, I know. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you haven't heard of Unroll Me you might check that out for your email

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job on last month's goals! I am totally with you on the unsubscribe goal for April. I get probably 35-40 emails each morning that I just delete without opening. The old phone number idea is great, too. I've had the same phone number since like 8th grade and just keep carrying over numbers haha.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. My email is out of control too. I started to unsubscribe the other night, but didn't make it very far. Thanks for the reminder!
    Erin
    http://theeverydayevents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Okay... I'm honestly SO GLAD you mentioned cleaning out old numbers. I need to do this TODAY! My kids have accidentally called (facetimed! omg!) two random people in the last six months and it's mortifying.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job with your goals this month! I love your idea of getting rid of old numbers, my phone is also way too full with old contacts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on meeting all your March goals! I totally hear you on the purging and organizing things. I need to do more of that this month too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. seriously one of the best things to come from moving across the world was that i had like 5 numbers in my phone for like 2 years. it was so nice! but a few more years down the line and now i have too many and need to delete them lol. and i am the exact same with library books. it's ridiculous and i need to stop checking so many out at once as well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I scheduled my dermatologist appointment because you had it as a goal as well. I go in on Monday but I made the appointment about 3 weeks ago. Love when you meet your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hooray for accomplishing so many of your goals in March, and all of your goals in April sound awesome and totally reachable! I'm really terrible about cleaning out my inbox too. Sometimes I read the email and then fail to delete it. But my work email is worse than my personal one because I haven't organized it in months!

    ReplyDelete