Monday, March 27, 2017

Weekend Recap

This weekend was a good one.  I mentioned on Friday that I was dealing with a little bit of the post-birthday blues, and this weekend definitely helped to remedy that a bit.  

Friday night was all about basketball and pizza.  Unfortunately, the team I was rooting for, Butler, couldn't quite get the leg up they needed, but it still was an exciting game.  With the weight loss challenge starting next week, I indulged a bit and ordered pizza for dinner to pair with the game watching.  I love ordering from Domino's because they have the order tracker, which I think is so neat.

I started Saturday with the windows open and some cleaning.  There is something about having a clean house, windows open and a candle burning.  Although Saturday brought bouts of rain, it didnt hit hard until the evening, so I was able to keep things open pretty much all day!  I got re-energized and knocked a few things off my organizing list.  I had previously gone through my sweaters and was able to consolidate them into one under the bed storage, freeing up the other.  I decided to use that one to store all my gift wrapping materials, that were otherwise just scattered in different places in my closet.  It's going to make things much more convenient when putting together gifts!  I also caught up on some DVR shows, watching the new HGTV show, Home Town.  I think this couple is super sweet and really like their style.

I found the best time to go to Target - when it first opens on Sunday.  I think I saw maybe 3 other customers in the store?  It was great - in and out!  I rounded out the morning with grocery shopping and a walk outside.  I know it's spring, but the temps almost remind me a bit more of fall, with those crisp days.  Either way, I am loving it!  As I write this now (Sunday afternoon), the rest of the day holds a little more organizing and sorting, ending with seeing Beauty and the Beast!  I have only heard great things about the movie and am beyond excited to see it myself!

Image result for monday motivational quotes
via 

Linking up with Biana.


15 comments:

  1. I like getting to stores when not a lot of people are there either! I did some spring cleaning and got rid of a lot of stuff & took a few things to Buffalo Exchange yesterday which is great for instant gratification LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend! I can't wait to see beauty and the beast. I've heard it's so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check out that new HGTV show!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't seen Home Town yet, I'll have to check it out. I have such a soft spot for HGTV shows :)

    Sarah
    Midwest Darling

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear you girl, sometimes I find myself in a lower mood after big events. Hopefully this weekend was just what you needed :-) Isn't Target the best early in the am?!
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to see Beauty and the Beast this week!! And we had Dominos yesterday for lunch....great minds, huh!? Have a great Monday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love getting our shopping out of the day on Sunday morning right after early church. The stores are always so empty & it makes shopping so much more pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love doing my grocery shopping early on a Sunday before everyone else is out and about! :) An empty store makes me so happy haha. Enjoy the movie- I cannot wait to see it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you had a relaxing and productive weekend! We had the windows opened until the rain hit hard Saturday afternoon too! Cleaning with the windows always seems to make cleaning somewhat enjoyable lol!! We love ordering from Dominos too, for the same reason, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So glad you had a nice weekend and are getting out of your post birthday slump! It really is the best when you go to the store before it gets too crazy or busy (or messy)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Early mornings are always the best time to go grocery shopping!! :) I also love ordering from Dominos (I don't love their red sauce, so we always order the garlic sauce instead) because of their little online pizza tracker haha! I get so excited when it moves to the next step! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's my favorite time to go to Target, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for getting organized! And yay for Beauty and the Beast! I can't wait to hear your thoughts! So far I've heard nothing but great things. My mom said that it was excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It sounds like you had the perfect weekend, and you really can't beat a Saturday with the windows down! I hope that you loved Beauty & The Beast! I felt like everybody was spot on with their amazing reviews of the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds just like my weekend! I love having the windows open and a clean house. It rained off and on, but the warm temperatures were still so nice to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete