Thursday, March 23, 2017

Food Diary: What I Ate Yesterday

Day in the life posts are my very favorites, but a close second are food posts - specifically ones that share exactly what you eat in a day.  I love food and I love to cook so that isn't super surprising, but I also just really find it interesting to see what people eat.  I first saw this type of post on Kristin Cavallari's app, and since, I have seen it on lots of other blogs and have been wanting to do my own.


Breakfast:

I took this picture before I bagged up my little egg muffins and headed to work (wanted to avoid the awkwardness of coworkers seeing me take food pictures at work).  I actually eat at work, because I have found that if I eat at home, right when I get to work I am hungry again.  Especially when I smell all the yummy food (like bacon) that people bring to their desk from the cafe downstairs.  Totally a mental thing, but it works for me.  I make a pan of these egg and spinach muffins every Sunday.  I put them in little baggies, keep three sets of two out for the start of the week and freeze the rest, pulling them out of the freezer as needed.  When I get to work I just pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds and they are at the perfect eating temp.

Lunch:

This picture is actually from Tuesday night, but I had the same exact thing for lunch on Wednesday.  Chicken tacos (seasoned chicken, sauteed red bell peppers and onion) with radishes and pineapple salsa from Hello Fresh.  Yum!  I seriously was thinking about this lunch since the night before, because I liked them so much.  

Snack:

I try to have a snack around 2:00 or 3:00 - this day was right in the middle at 2:30.  One thing I learned from the 21 Day Fix is that I needed to get in more protein and Greek yogurt is the perfect way to do that.  I combine the yogurt with lots of cinnamon and 1/2 cup of blueberries. 

Snack:

I had a butterfinger custard concrete as a little pre-dinner snack.  Just one of those days where you need that extra special treat!

Dinner:


Another Hello Fresh meal - Steak Tagliata.  This was super delicious.  Steak, arugula, warmed tomatoes with a balsamic vinaigrette, and thyme and garlic roasted sweet potatoes.  

This is pretty close to how I eat on a regular basis during the week...minus the custard.  Breakfast is always the same.  Lunch is usually leftovers, or a basic salad and grilled chicken and the addition of fruit (this day I unfortunately forgot my strawberries at home).  Sometimes I eat the fruit I packed for lunch as a snack in the morning, on those days where I am being good and ignoring all the food here at work but I need something to get me through to lunch.  Dinner always varies - occasionally I will save leftovers for supper, but I do like to cook a lot so I tend to make something different for dinner most nights during the work week.  

What does a day of your meals look like?

Linking up with Annie.
    

13 comments:

  1. Love this! I eat at school too because if I eat at 5:30 am, I'm starving before it gets break at school. Thank goodness I'm never tempted with food from the cafeteria haha! Your Hello Fresh meals look amazing....maybe I should try your link!

    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had the hello fresh steak last night! It was delish! Wishing I had snagged those tacos now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still doing Jenny Craig, so it's already planned out for me. I love seeing food diaries. Gives ideas!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tacos and tagliata are making me salivate! We are trying Hello Fresh for the first time next week and I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love posts like this because I'm so curious to see what other people eat in a day. Your tacos look delicious and the steak salad looks really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These Hello Fresh meals look great. I have a shake every morning but I make similar little egg frittata muffins for my daughter. Then, a piece of fruit or Lara bar as a snack. Salad or turkey wrap for lunch. Yogurt for snack. Then, I try to cook every night if my husband is home but weeks when he travels I swap it to every other night and have leftovers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this post! You should start doing these regularly! And I want the recipe for the egg cups! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We had the steak tagliata from hello fresh for dinner last night too! The flavor was really good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! Egg muffins are one of my favorite things to eat in the morning also! I put sausage in them as well!! I also make egg sandwiches with whole wheat english muffins and they are so good and you can freeze them!! Also, that Hello Fresh steak meal looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I eat breakfast at work for the same reason! Those egg muffins look delish, and Oikos is my favorite <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mine looks similar to your except I don't eat breakfast! I know that's so bad for you, but I'm just not hungry in the mornings! Hello Fresh is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always so interesting to see what people eat or what they're doing during the day. I usually wait until I'm at work to eat breakfast as well because I'll get hungry if I don't.

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE these kinda posts too!! I'm always so intrigued to see what others eat throughout the day lol. I eat at work too for the same reason- definitely a mental thing!!!! And I always try to have a snack around 3 so I'm not tearing through our pantry as soon as I walk in to door when I get home lol.

    ReplyDelete