Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Day in the Life: 2.21.17

A Day in the Life posts are my favorite posts to read, and I know many of you feel the same.  While my days are nothing very exciting, I still wanted to share, because know others whose days might not be 'exciting' per say are always enjoyable for me to read.  I think it will be really fun, too, to look back on this day in a year or two (or more) and see how things have changed / stayed the same.

My day starts at 5:00.  I have always been a bit of an early bird and like getting that head start to my day.  I spend about 45 minutes or so linking up, and reading blog posts.  After I shower and dry my hair, I give myself a bit of time to cool down - does anyone else get super warm from drying your hair?  Usually I scroll through social media, or lately I have been getting sucked into playing Sudoku on my phone.  Or, like this morning, I used that time to unload the dishwasher, and get my lunch together.  Ideally, I would put my lunch together the night before, but that doesn't happen nearly as often as it should.  I prep a lot on Sunday, so some things are just grab and go into my bag, while others I just need to portion out into containers.  Last week I had picked out my clothes for the week for my work wear post, so I spent zero time debating what to wear and had a little more extra time in the morning.  One thing I do before I head into work is make my bed.  Even those days where I may be running late, making my bed always is worth it.  I just feel like things are off to a good start and I am more put together.  And I like coming home to a made bed.  However, days I wash my sheets, I leave it unmade, as somewhat of a reminder to do the laundry when I get home.  It's off to work - I snapped the last picture as I was waiting at the light to turn into the road to the building.





My workday is 7:30-4:00, usually.  I get in a few minutes early and sometimes work a bit later.  This was one of those later days, so I got out of work about 4:40.  I had to stop at the store on my way home, and of course, as I leave and start heading home, it begins to rain.  The rain picks up as I get home, leaving me a bit wet and cranky getting out of my car, because wouldn't you know, as soon as I get inside my apartment, it stops raining.  



I was really excited to get home on this day, because my Hello Fresh box was set to be delivered.  Sure enough, it was there! I snapped some pictures for a post where I plan to share my Hello Fresh experience, then put everything away.  I started a load of towels and then had a snack.  On this day I was just so hungry all day, I needed a little something to tie me over til dinner.  




The evening seemed to fly by (mainly due to working later, waiting in line at the store, and then getting my Hello Fresh box organized), and before I knew it, it was a little later and I still needed to work out.  I like when it stays lighter later, but it also can throw me off - sometimes I think it is early when it's actually a lot later.  I decided to start another round of the 21 Day Fix the day before, so Upper Fix was on deck for this day.  My arms are one of the areas I would love to improve on, so this is one of my more favorite work outs, even if I hate push ups.  



After showering, I made my Hello Fresh meal - chicken tacos with pineapple salsa and radishes.  I'll save the details for my post, but my first experience was success.  It was pretty easy to do, and delicious.  (Don't forget, use the code EMILYANND for your first Hello Fresh box and you will get $40 off, and full disclosure, I will also get a $20 credit.)  




I watched an episode of The Pioneer Woman that I had on the DVR while I ate - I just love her show.  Side note: the show was all about comfort food, and the first recipe she shared of tuna noodle casserole.  It actually looked really good, but it's been years since I have had it.  I am curious to hear if you are a fan or not!

The rest of the evening was spent blogging.  I usually try to get blog posts done on the weekend, or work on them little by little when I need a quick break at work.  However, with being gone the past weekend for my birthday celebration and then the past two days have been busy at work, blogging ahead did not happen.  I put together my Work Wear for the Week Vol. 3 post, and also worked on this one - that way I wouldn't forget details about the day later on.

I got sucked in the social media / Sudoku trap after blog work and before I knew it, it was after 10.  I washed up and snapped a screen shot before going to sleep. 



Linking up with Whitney and Lindsay.

17 comments:

  1. I love a good day in the life post. You have a busy day! Can't wait to hear more about your hello fresh order. I've debated trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these posts!! I totally agree, with it staying lighter longer I'm totally thrown off. Some days Rick comes home and I'm like oh crap what time is it? I haven't even started dinner LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great day! You seem to get a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't get over how delicious those tacos look. :) You sound very similar to me in terms of doing little things like making your bed. I try to do that but my husband is usually still in it when I go downstairs to leave!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love posts like these! I love the upper fix from 21 Day Fix Extreme and PiYo for arms. Those tacos look so good! I want to give Hello Fresh a try.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot handle how many emails you have on your phone hahaha! That's the first thing I noticed! You have got to delete some of those! And I always make our bed in the morning no matter what...even on days that I'm off. It makes it like the room is clean without it really being totally clean. Love these posts!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how well-rounded you are! Busy girl! I really enjoy DITL posts, so this was fun to read. My sister was OBSESSED with Hello Fresh before they moved to Germany. I have yet to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are seriously the most fun posts to read! I'm like you that if I don't get things set up for the week as far as food goes, I'm terrible about actually bringing lunch, or I'm scrambling to get it all packed up in the morning. And yes, I hate blow drying my hair because I get so hot! I actually have a fan in my bathroom for that reason specifically!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are my favorite posts! That Hello Fresh box looks delicious! I honestly love tuna casserole..especially on Fridays in Lent, it is a good option. Just solid comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Best posts! I'm so glad that you did one! First of all, I love your doormat. That is so cute. I need to find something like that for our house. Second of all, your lunch for work looked SO good! And third, your Hello Fresh meal looked amazing! I have been wanting to try it... maybe we'll have to do it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i always have to turn on the cool thing on my blow dryer because i start sweating when i blow dry my hair. i try and avoid drying it all together actually, for that reason haha. takes ages to cool down!
    my mum made this tuna pasta growing up and i just LOVED it. it's not quite a casserole - at least, not according to recipes i've found - but same kind of gist i'd guess. tuna + pasta = comfort. haha. love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I know I mentioned this on the other post, but those tacos look so good! Tuna noodle casserole is one of my favorite comfort foods and we actually had it two weeks in a row last month, haha. So smart that you pick out your outfits for the entire week, that would save so much time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you liked Hello Fresh...thinking about starting to get some meals delivered!

    Laura
    www.blackcoffeebeautiful.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I wish I was an early bird like you to get started with blogging and such before work. I do love a routine though with work/dinner prep/working out but I'm more of the night owl. 601 emails! Holy moley...I would freak out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these posts!! I've recently started getting up earlier again and it makes such a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You've got a great routine! I can't handle getting up early so I'm always envious of people who are early risers. You get so much done before work! And Skinny Pop is a family favorite snack at our house. We buy the HUGE bag at Sams and fly through it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I also like to make the bed. Some people think it's pointless, but I think it gives the bed a fresh feeling.

    ReplyDelete