Monday, February 27, 2017

Weekend Recap

This weekend went by wayyyy too fast.  Can we start over?

Image result for weekend start over

I started not feeling well Thursday and it continued into Friday.  Needless to say, my evening was less than exciting, and consisted of reading a book.

My mom was able to come visit on Saturday (yay for the weather cooperating!) and we had a great day.  I still wasn't feeling 100%, but having her there to kind of keep my mind off not feeling good kept me going pretty good!  I finally put away all traces of winter in my apartment, and added some spring decor - more on that tomorrow!  We made a few Target trips, ran to World Market, and hit up two local antique / home decor stores.  For any local ladies, we checked out this super cute store, Fleur De Chic, and found out they are having their second anniversary celebration this coming weekend which sounds like it's going to be quite the to do with food trucks, wine and cupcakes.  We also checked out the Pottery Barn / William Sonoma outlet store in the area to see if they had any goodies.  I picked up some turkey plates to use for a Thanksgiving tablescape (4 for $15), and my mom got some cute letter ornaments for $0.97!  They had a lot of bigger items, which I totally would have looked at a little closer, had I been in the market.  It was just neat to see and look around.  I was pretty worn out by the end of the day, but we ran to the grocery store after dinner, just so I could get that out of the way, made some Homemade Chex Mix for an upcoming get together, and the rounded out the night with episodes of Fixer Upper.  Part of my birthday celebration is going to be a trip to Waco to see the Magnolia Market, so if you have any tips on planning a trip there, please send them my way!

I tried to sleep in a bit, but woke up relatively early and feeling worse.  That ruined our plans of a morning walk, but we had a delicious breakfast and then hung out a little before my mom left.  I did get a few Sunday chores done, but the majority of the day was spent on the couch resting.  I feel like being sick during the weekend is even worse than the week, and the Sunday blues hit me hard.  Here's to hoping Monday is a good one!

Linking up with Biana.   

16 comments:

  1. I hope you are feeling better! I'm glad you had time with your mom though--I feel like that always helps! Where did you get the plates? PB or WS? I'm going shopping next weekend so I need to check wherever you got them out. And yay for a birthday trip! That sounds like the best one!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you were sick this weekend. So glad your mom was able to come, they make everything better! I can't wait to hear about your trip to Waco. Such a dream of mine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree being sick on the weekend is even worse because that is suppose to be your fun time! Sounds like to had a pretty good weekend even with being sick. Your Saturday with your momma thumbs up!

    I wish you a speedy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ughh sorry you were sick! Being sick on the weekend just shouldn't be allowed. I'm glad your Mom still got to come and hang out though. And how exciting that you're going to the Magnolia Market!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you feel better! Feeling bad on the weekend, but well enough to go to work on Monday is the absolute worst.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Where does the weekend go?? So glad your mom was able to come for the weekend-- it sounds like you had so much fun shopping and just hanging out. I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That store looks so cute. I checked out a new antique store in Wentzville this weekend - Olive Tree Market Place

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bummer about you not feeling well, but glad your mom was able to still come up and spend some time with you. Yay for a birthday trip to Waco/Magnolia Market!! I haven't been there yet, but totally have it on my list of places to visit, especially since I'm now driving distance!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Feel better!

    Shopping local is my favorite way to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Emily, I'm so sorry that you were sick! It really does suck to get sick on the weekends! I'm glad that you were at least able to hang out with your mom a bit on Saturday. And you are so lucky to have a World Market nearby. I wish we had one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you weren't feeling great this weekend! Sick weekends do seem worse than sick week days for some reason. I'm glad your mom was able to come visit and take care of you. Hope you get back to feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hooray for your mom being able to come into town and for a birthday trip to Magnolia Market! I've been a couple of times and have always had a great time! Just make sure to get there early, and don't miss out on the bakery! It's totally worth it! Let me know if you have any questions, and I hope that you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry you weren't feeling well! But glad you were able to get a nice visit with your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry you've been feeling so bad! I hate that feeling on Sunday when you didn't have a weekend quite like you wanted for reasons like feeling under the weather. Here's a better week for you and an even better weekend in just four days. :)

    ReplyDelete