Monday, February 13, 2017

Weekend Recap: Spirit of Provident Gala

How did we get to Monday already?!  This weekend flew by.

Friday night was real low-key.  I caught up on some DVR'd shows and painted my nails.  Big night!

I spent Saturday morning picking up my apartment, and watching Say Yes to the Dress.  I think they must have marathons on pretty much every weekend because I always see it on and totally get sucked into watching it every time.  It's so neat seeing all the different wedding dresses and then seeing what each bride picks!  The gala I was volunteering at was that evening, so I made sure to allow myself extra time to get ready, before heading out.  It was such a great night - so fun volunteering, hanging out with all the other young professionals, and of course, helping raise money for such an important organization.  We ended the night at the hotel bar, and we were able to enjoy the gorgeous weather outdoors.  I snapped a picture of the arch from the rooftop - one of two pictures I took of the night!  It was seriously such a great night, I am already looking forward to next year!



I was moving slow on Sunday, after staying out way late and then my internal alarm waking me up at 6:00 am!  Luckily I was able to fall back asleep for a couple hours, but I still felt like I was dragging all day.  Normal weekend errands were ran, chores were done, a little FaceTime with my brother and Jack and I ended the night with the Grammy's.  Which, funny story, when I was at the grocery store, one of the workers was stocking the strawberries / blueberries and we made a little small talk, only to realize that we both were at the same gala last night!  He was one of the photographers.  Small world!

Linking up with Biana.
  

20 comments:

  1. I can't believe you didn't take a picture of you in your dress!!! I"m dying to see what you wore :) And your Friday night sounds like my plans tonight haha! I need to catch up on all the TV I haven't watched from last week and I need to paint my nails--woohoo crazy Monday night!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gala sounds wonderful and speaking of wonderful..sweet girl...go have a GREAT Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I would have loved to see what you wore to the gala!! I get sucked into those marathons on TLC too LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Say yes to the dress is my favorite. My husband gets so irritated when it's on haha. I watched that marathon too! The gala sounds so fun. Wish you had a pic of you in your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Sarah and Biana--show us the dress! Ha! I'm sure you looked amazing and I'm glad you could enjoy the beautiful weather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you had such an amazing night at the gala, those views are so beautiful <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. Like everyone else, I want to see you in your dress! Next time take a picture :) That is so funny you ran into the photographer at the grocery store!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gala sounds like such a fun event! It's nice getting all dressed up every once in awhile. And I agree, pretty sure they have SYTTD on every Saturday. I get sucked in too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  9. The gala sounds like it was great! I used to get so sucked in to Say Yes to the Dress marathons. I actually bought my dress from Kleinfeld because we were living there at the time.

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  10. Um that rooftop photo is stunning, looks like an amazingly relaxing weekend

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol they definitely have them on every weekend because I always get sucked into them too. I don't have cable at my new place & probably won't be getting it so now I'll need to find a new way to waste my weekend haha.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun weekend of knocking stuff off your to-do list, relaxing, and enjoying a fun night out too. :) I've only ever been to one gala a few years ago (it benefitted the Catholic school I worked at), and it was a PARTY! So much fun, especially when they're benefitting something you can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like the perfect mix of relaxing and fun to me!! I second Sarah, I want to see what you wore!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That picture that you took of the arch is just beautiful! What a fun event! You need to post a picture of yourself... I want to see what you wore. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hate when your body doesn't realize that you were out super late the night before and gets you up at normal time! Looks like it was a great time though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I had your Friday night on Saturday night and it was the best! Always love those relaxing nights!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That Gala sounds like so much fun, and even better that you were helping a great cause too! I hate when you end up waking up early than you want on the weekends, but at least you were able to fall back asleep for a little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So glad the gala went well, it sounds like you had a great time & such a cool view from the rooftop! The flowers are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The gala sounds like it was a fun night out and even better for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sounds like you had a great time at the gala. What a special event!

    ReplyDelete