Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Weekend Recap: President's Day

Happy Tuesday!  I love a long weekend - wouldn't it be nice if all weekends were three days?


Image result for every weekend should be a 3-day weekend
via 

The weekend started out on a high note with a quick happy hour - sat outside!  Bishop's Post has the best outdoor area - a little oasis that you would never realize is surrounded by parking lots and a mall.  The weather was perfect to sit outside with no coat on, and we were not the only people that took advantage of it.  The rest of the evening was spent cleaning, reading and watching TV, specifically Revenge Body.  I truly enjoy that show.  Sarah shares my love for it, too, and actually sent me this article over the weekend, which I thought was an interesting read.

Saturday morning I made za'tar bread, which I hadn't had in ages.  It's so good - recipe to come!  I actually shared it in the early days of the blog, but for some reason it disappeared - I had some major issues towards the beginning with posts going away, but knock on wood it hasn't happened recently, thank goodness.  I am pretty sure I got sucked into Say Yes to the Dress again, which was fine since it really wasn't that nice on Saturday - very dreary and blah.  I met my sorority "little" for dinner.  We hadn't seen each other in 5 (!!!) years, but it was like no time had passed.  I think we could have talked at dinner all night, but we each had our respective get togethers to attend.  The rest of the night was spent playing cards, eating candy, and reminiscing about old songs.  Which, do you all realize that "Tipsy" came out in 2004?  13 years!  It does not seem that long ago!

Sunday was all about chores and meal prep.  I thought about putting it off until Monday since we had that extra day, but am now glad I got it done when I did.  The evening brought a little belated Valentine's Day dinner at a new-to-me steakhouse - Fleming's.  It was so good - a nice atmosphere, great food and the best company.  We started with the carpaccio, I had a ribeye and then we shared the Fleming's potatoes which are scalloped potatoes with cheddar cheese and jalapenos.  So, so delicious!

As I write this on Monday morning, I am sitting at the car dealership, getting my oil changed.  I always put these things off, car maintenance and getting gas are two of my least favorite things, which is kind of silly because they are pretty painless.  My plans for the rest of the day include running to Target (they didn't have my face wash when I went on Sunday), Old Navy, hopefully to pick up the cute embroidered dress that I have been seeing all over the place, and then ending the day with an earlier movie (The Founder).  

Cheers to a short work week and one with gorgeous weather - 70's pretty much all week!

Linking up with Biana, Erika, AshleyWhitney and Lindsay.

17 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great 3 day weekend! I finally got caught up on last Thursday's episode of RB--did you get all the way caught up? I need to know your thoughts on that one! Flemings is in Birmingham and we've been one time and it was so good! Have a great 4 day work week!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you were able to tackle all your to-do's yesterday, so perfect for a long weekend!! I'm pretty jealous of the happy hour you had on Friday OUTSIDE...I need that in my life LOL! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three day weekends really are the best! Enough time to have fun, relax, and be productive haha. So jealous of your outside happy hour, perfect way to kick off the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate getting gas and my oil changed, too. When I lived in NJ you weren't allowed to pump your own gas so the attendants did it for you while you waited in your cozy warm car and it was the.best.thing.ever! Glad you had a great long weekend and could enjoy an outdoor happy hour!

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those potatoes from Flemings sound AMAZING!! I also hate doing car maintenance, I always put it off because it's always awful. Hope you found that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe I need to start watching Revenge Body for motivation - lol. And "Tipsy" was my phone ring for my sorority sister in college. Thanks for making me feel VERY old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your weekend sounds awesome! Three day weekends really are the best-if only I could find a dream job that required working 4 days a week..I had it once and it was seriously the best. I hate oil changes, too. I think because they always end up telling you other things that need work and it ALWAYS seems to take way longer than you schedule for! Did you get the ON dress? would love to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect long weekend with an outdoor happy hour kick-off! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress from Old Navy! I just ordered one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. P.S. Tipsy reminds me of spring break at the beach in college. I haven't heard that song in ages! You just took me waaaay back!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also got sucked into Say Yes to the Dress on the weekend! I haven't watched it in forever and I had it on like all day haha

    Man I would love to be able to go to an outdoor happy hour! The snow really screws that up though haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loving that little dress from Old Navy!! Perfect for Summer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I got that dress from Old Navy! The navy with the orange embroidery. Looks like a great weekend and I cannot wait for your bread recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like an awesome three-day weekend full of low-key but fun plans! We are supposed to have beautiful weather here too the next few days, and I'm just loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How amazing would it be if every weekend was three days, seriously though?!

    Caitlin, Beauty & Colour
    Pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I wish all weekends could be three days too. I love that tomorrow is already Wednesday! Fleming's is delicious! And that bread sounds really good too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so sorry that the dress didn't work out. I read your post earlier. But sounds like you had a good three day weekend!

    ReplyDelete