Monday, February 6, 2017

Weekend Recap: Parents' Visit & Super Bowl

This weekend was definitely a good one!  Can we do it over again?

Friday was pretty uneventful.  I don't think I did anything other than catch up on a little TV.  Teen Mom 2 and Revenge Body, which I am really love Revenge Body.  I love seeing transformations like that, and it's neat to see the way the different trainers approach weight loss.  

My parents were coming to visit Saturday, so I was up early cleaning and getting ready for their arrival since I was a bit lazy on Friday.  Once they got here, my dad was put to work hanging an old printer's drawer for me.  I love how it turned out.  Just really adds a bit of interest to the wall.  After that, we headed out to see the Route 66 exhibit at the Missouri History Museum.  I had already checked it out, but wanted to bring my parents to it.  My dad is a huge car / Route 66 guy so I knew it was up his alley.  My mom can appreciate it too, so we all really enjoyed the exhibit.  It was fun seeing the different things, like a gas pump in the exhibit.  My dad said that my grandparents had one out at the farm and he kicks himself every time for not grabbing it and sticking it in storage, because one day it just disappeared!  We checked out a few other areas, but then headed to Annie Gunn's for lunch.  I feel like Annie Gunn's is a bit of a St. Louis institution.  It's a great steakhouse - a bit on the pricier side, but lunch has a few more reasonable options like sandwiches and hamburgers.  I opted for the mini burger, which was a quarter pound.  It did look pretty tiny on the plate, but it was actually the perfect size to fill me up without making me too full.  They have a famous potato soup and it was delicious - my dad ordered it and both my mom and I had to try it.  I think we were both kicking ourselves for not ordering some, too!  We visited a bit at my apartment before they headed on back home.  I spent the rest of the evening reading Lilac Girls - I even stayed up late so I could see how it ended!





Meal prepping took over most of my Sunday morning, as well as getting some stuff ready for the Super Bowl.  I have to say, I was chomping at the bit, because I just wanted to eat all the snacks!  And by that I mean the cheese dip - I just wanted alllll the cheese dip.

Linking up with Biana.

21 comments:

  1. I caught up on Thursday's Revenge Body Saturday morning. I just love that show! And like you, I love seeing the different approaches to losing weight. Love that your parents visited Saturday and y'all got to go do some fun things! I finished Killing Kennedy yesterday--SO GOOD! How was Lilac Girls? I've never heard of it.
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont think I ate nearly as much because I was so stressed watching the game LOL! So glad you had a fun weekend with your parents! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun weekend! It's always a good time when parents visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your parents are so cute! It sounds like such a fun visit with them. That shelf looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The printing professional in me loves that you have a printer's tray up on your wall! My parents have a couple that I'm trying to sneak away from our house... haven't had any luck yet. Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great exhibit to see with your dad (& mom)! I love the styling of your shelf with the new drawer hanging with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun weekend you had! Also, I ate ALL of the cheese dip last night, enough for a lifetime I think. Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great weekend! My fiance and I love going to different museums and exhibits, lol we are nerds! Revenge body is so awesome and motivating!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super Bowl snacks are the best! The museum sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, I DID eat aaaallll the cheese dip! And aaaallll the guac! And now I feel like I need a major detox. Haha. Sounds like you had a great weekend. I LOVE that printer's tray that you put up! It is so unique and it really looks great there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you had a fun visit with your parents! Happy Monday! The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  12. it's always so nice when family comes to visit. Looks like you guys had fun

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aw I do love some good parental time (since I'm always at mine haha) Looks like so much fun and I want cheese dip now....just sayin'

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're the cutest and so is your fan! Glad y'all had a good time. Your lunch sounded so good! So did the cheese dip! Can you tell I started my diet back today? Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That museum looks so cool, how awesome for your dad! Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cheese dip is my favorite too!! Your parents are so precious and I see where you get your sweetness!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun weekend! I can't believe the MINI burger was a quarter pounder! haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What's better than spending some good quality time with your parents. I love how you put your dad to work right away LOL but the wall art set up looks lovely. I wouldn't trust myself to hanging it up correctly either so that's what Dad's are for, right?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the vintage piece you hung. I wouldn't have thought of that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love that you had the best weekend with your parents. The lunch sounds really good!

    ReplyDelete