Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Gala Attire: 2017

I love having an excuse to get all dressed up to go somewhere - especially when it is for a good cause.  As I mentioned on Monday, I attended the Spirit of Provident Gala this past weekend.  It was a ton of fun but, I took only two pictures the whole night - none of which included one of me in my dress, unfortunately.  I was hoping to snag a picture from one of the local St. Louis magazines.  They had photographers going around and I know I got in a shot once or twice, but unfortunately, they have not been uploaded to the website yet.  However, I still wanted to share my look with you, because I really loved my dress!  



I picked up this dress (no longer available) at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale last summer.  I knew I specifically wanted to wear it for the gala, so I kept it hanging in the closet until last weekend - I didn't want to mess it up before the event!  It was great for the gala, where the dress is cocktail attire, and will now be the perfect dress for work, too.  I tried the dress on earlier in the week and wasn't quite happy with how things looked, so I hightailed it to Macy's the next day and picked up a few different undergarment options to wear under it - just to smooth things out and make me feel more confident.  I ended up with these Spanx, which I have to tell you are so comfortable and totally do the job, without making you feel like you are stuffed into something.  Just a little extra smoothing action.

I paired the dress with my favorite strappy heels (similar).  These are seriously the most comfortable sandals I have worn.  I love them so much I have both the nude and the black.  I wear them to work, too, so they do double duty between the office and special occasions.

I kept my accessories at a minimum, with these Kendra Scott earrings and then a few of Erimish bracelets I get at my favorite boutique!  I included a reddish one (pictured), more of a shimmery pink / blush color and then a tannish / gold one.  I thought they played nicely off the dress, my earrings and shoes!  One of my volunteer duties was to "model" jewelry during a live auction and one of the people actually asked about my bracelets!  I am telling you, they are the best!

I am already looking forward to next year's event - and finding the perfect dress!

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

24 comments:

  1. Love the look you pulled together! When you find a pic of you in the dress, definitely post it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is gorgeous! If you find a picture of yourself in it, you must send it to me! I love the color blocking!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Classy, beautiful look and such a great color!! I bet you were the belle of the ball!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is so classic and like Sarah said I love the color blocking on it!! So pretty!! I have a gala on Saturday and I'm wearing a very similar colored dress! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know you looked gorgeous! That dress is so cute and love the accessories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is the perfect dress for a February gala! I'm sure you looked great for the event! Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that dress. The whole outfit is just beautiful. And I need to get on the spanx wagon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dress is so beautiful! I really wish that you had taken some pics of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that dress..I totally remember looking it over at the anniversary sale. This is such a classic dress that you will be able to dress up or down for a really long time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous dress!!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your outfit, and especially the burgundy in the dress! It's one of my go to colors all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Kendra! And please post pictures when (if) you can find them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GORGEOUS dress good choice girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great look! I'm sure you looked fabulous in it! I love the color blocking. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! LOVE an excuse to get dressed up and go to a fancy event. And those KS earrings are always a fabulous idea <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great dress! I bet you looks awesome in it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bet you looked gorgeous! It's always fun to dress up. I wish I had more opportunity to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty outfit and perfect for a classy gala! Those earrings are gorgeous and tie in nicely with the heels!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that dress! I bet it was so flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the look, so elegant and classy! Can't wait to see a pic of you in the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Quite nice gala attire! I am in love with necklace and dress a lot. At some local Chicago venues I have been invited to a bachelorette bash. Was in need of some ideas for outfit for this bash and you have helped me a lot with this post. Thanks for sharing the idea!

    ReplyDelete