Happy Friday! I feel like no matter how good a week is, I am always going to be happy to see Friday.
1. Valentine's Day! I was definitely feeling the love this week and enjoying reading all the Valentine's Day posts this week, too. Even if you don't have a specific person to celebrate with, I think celebrating with friends and family is just as nice. With all the turmoil in the world, spreading the love is something we can not do enough of, and it was just great to read all the happy / love related posts!
2. Lamb recipe. A handful of people asked about the lamb recipe I mentioned in last week's Girl Chat post about Valentine's Day plans. The recipe is actually the Armenian Lamb Shish Kebabs from In the Kitchen with Kris. I highly suggest checking out the cookbook. I have made multiple recipes and all of them have been delicious and repeated since.
3. Spanx. Guys, I am totally embracing Spanx. I shared on Wednesday the pair I bought to wear under my gala attire and I wore them again this week for work! I love the look of more tailored / fitted dresses for work, but honestly some days they look better on me than others. For those "other" days, these are really great. Just makes me feel more confident! I feel like I might need to get another pair or two to have on hand.
4. Blog switch! Sarah and I did a little switch a roo yesterday, and guest posted on each other's blog. The topic for both posts was 'being healthy'. I focused more on the eating part, and Sarah shared some really great tips on how to keep yourself motivated and on track. I thought it was fun to see the different takes we had on the topic. We have been great blog friends turned real life friends for awhile now, and doing a guest post was long overdue.
5. My new robe! One of my Valentine's Day gifts was the robe I had been lusting after. It's the exact same material as the ever popular blardigan, and I am obsessed. I have been wearing it non-stop at home since Monday. I just love it. While it is expensive, I think it is totally worth it to have something this soft and cozy...without being too heavy and bulky.
6. I have an extra favorite for this week for any local ladies - Arch Apparel. I found this company via instagram, and I love how simple and neat their designs are. I think my favorite is the coordinates tee shirt, but I also love the "Midwest Mannered" top, too. The circle STL sweatshirt looks cozy, and I wouldn't mind the blue Saint Louis baseball tee. Basically I love them all. I haven't purchased anything as of yet (because I can't decide which to get!), but when I do, I will definitely be sharing.
Have a great weekend!
Linking up with Andrea, April, and Katie.