Friday, February 17, 2017

Friday Favorites + A Local Discovery

Happy Friday!  I feel like no matter how good a week is, I am always going to be happy to see Friday.

1.  Valentine's Day!  I was definitely feeling the love this week and enjoying reading all the Valentine's Day posts this week, too.  Even if you don't have a specific person to celebrate with, I think celebrating with friends and family is just as nice.  With all the turmoil in the world, spreading the love is something we can not do enough of, and it was just great to read all the happy / love related posts!

2.  Lamb recipe.  A handful of people asked about the lamb recipe I mentioned in last week's Girl Chat post about Valentine's Day plans.  The recipe is actually the Armenian Lamb Shish Kebabs from In the Kitchen with Kris.  I highly suggest checking out the cookbook.  I have made multiple recipes and all of them have been delicious and repeated since. 

3.  Spanx.  Guys, I am totally embracing Spanx.  I shared on Wednesday the pair I bought to wear under my gala attire and I wore them again this week for work!  I love the look of more tailored / fitted dresses for work, but honestly some days they look better on me than others.  For those "other" days, these are really great.  Just makes me feel more confident!  I feel like I might need to get another pair or two to have on hand.

4.  Blog switch!  Sarah and I did a little switch a roo yesterday, and guest posted on each other's blog.  The topic for both posts was 'being healthy'.  I focused more on the eating part, and Sarah shared some really great tips on how to keep yourself motivated and on track.  I thought it was fun to see the different takes we had on the topic.  We have been great blog friends turned real life friends for awhile now, and doing a guest post was long overdue.

5.  My new robe!  One of my Valentine's Day gifts was the robe I had been lusting after.  It's the exact same material as the ever popular blardigan, and I am obsessed.  I have been wearing it non-stop at home since Monday.  I just love it.  While it is expensive, I think it is totally worth it to have something this soft and cozy...without being too heavy and bulky.

6.  I have an extra favorite for this week for any local ladies - Arch Apparel.  I found this company via instagram, and I love how simple and neat their designs are.  I think my favorite is the coordinates tee shirt, but I also love the "Midwest Mannered" top, too.  The circle STL sweatshirt looks cozy, and I wouldn't mind the blue Saint Louis baseball tee.  Basically I love them all.  I haven't purchased anything as of yet (because I can't decide which to get!), but when I do, I will definitely be sharing.

Have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.       
      

22 comments:

  1. I need to get Kris's cookbook--I seriously cannot believe I haven't bought it yet since I love the Kardashians so much haha! I have never worn spanx but I'm not saying I won't ever wear them ;) I like that they smooth everything out. And I love the tees you pictured! I can't decide which is my favorite but I think I really like the Midwest Mannered one because it's pretty simple. Happy Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have spanx tights that are reversible - brown on one side and black on the other and they are literally the best thing ever LOL!! Happy Friday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. I'm definitely interested in that lamb recipe! I have to check it out!

    By Lauren M

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spanx are my jam!! That lamb recipe looks yummy. Those tees are super cute. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Spanx so much!! Great tees and even greater you...Have a wonderful weekend babe!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adding Kris's cookbook to my list of things to buy. Yay for getting your robe!! And those St Louis tees are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lamb sounds divine, but I have SUCH a hard time supporting the Kardashian/Jenner clan. This is coming from someone who used to LOVE watching them on E!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I need to get that cookbook! Also I LOVE spanx... life changers! Happy Friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want to be in a robe right this instant! I haven't had Lamb in sooo long - yum! Have a great weekend friend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for a cozy new robe! I got an Ugg robe for Christmas, and I wear it ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree, Friday will always be a day I'm happy to see. Glad your recipe for the lamb turned out great. I'll have to check out your blog switch. I didn't get a chance to catch up on anyone's blogs yesterday :( Have a great weekend!
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really should get a pair of spanx to wear under my gown for the gala I have next month! I always get so paranoid about eating while I'm there because gowns do not hide a food baby as well haha! And I totally need that Midwest Mannered top. So cute! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Spanx are the best! Especially when you just want everything to look smooth even if it's not for a gala!

    I need a new robe always the best to lounge in after a long day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Spanx!! I totally agree with you, spanx makes me feel more confident when I have to wear a fitted dress. Have a great weekend. Jessica @ https://lifeloveandreality.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day and yay for getting the robe! Loving that midwest mannered shirt and off to check out your guest post from yesterday now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Robes are the best, so cozy to wear around the house in the winter! That's so great you found a fun local brand to support!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok, I think you've convinced me to try some Spanx. I've always been skinny, but the babies have left me with a little pooch and I always have to suck in when I wear something form fitting. I could have used some for our ball that we went to a few weeks ago! Have a great weekend, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A new robe is the best! Especially just in time for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Glad to hear you were able to spend Valentine's day with friends/family and felt the love around you. The lamb recipe sounds so good! I've never attempted cooking lamb at home but that will have to change.

    ReplyDelete