Friday, February 3, 2017

Friday Favorites: Link Up Announcement!

Happy Friday!  I was pretty much beat after Tuesday, and kept thinking that Wednesday was Thursday, so I am so happy that it is finally Friday!

1.  My parents are coming this weekend!  I haven't seen them for about a month, so it will be nice to visit in person, as opposed to over the phone, text or email.  Also, my parents generously store my Christmas tree at their house, so they are going to pick that up, too!  It's just been in a corner in my dining room area, so not really noticeable, but will be nice to get out of the way.  I am also enlisting my dad's helping in hanging something, which I am excited about.  Not to mention the fact that if it's hung, that means it's no longer just taking up space in my closet.

2.  One of my Christmas presents from my brother and sister in law was a subscription to Southern Living.  My first magazine arrived this week and made me so excited!!!  I can't wait to flip through it this weekend.  Thanks, Matt & Jen!

3.  I have really been loving the 'Music Choice' channels lately.  I turn one on when I am meal prepping, cleaning, picking up, or even now, as I am working on my blog.  I love the ability to pick the different genres depending on my mood and what I am doing.  I know I could use my phone, but having it on the TV I can hear it throughout my apartment and it doesn't kill my battery!

4.  I didn't remember the Super Bowl was this Sunday until a few days ago.  Once I did though, I got busy planning a little Super Bowl menu.  On deck I have my favorite cheese dip, wings and pizza.  I am attempting to make wings for the first time.  They are baked, but supposed to still be crunchy.  The reviews were really good, so hopefully they turn out for me as well.  I figured the pizza places would be crazy busy, so I am opting for homemade pizza.  I picked up all my groceries last night to try to beat the rush, but I think other people had the same idea.  That or Thursday nights are just poppin' at the grocery store.

5.  I am super excited to announce that Danielle @ Sparkles & Lattes, Lindsay @ Lindsay's Sweet World, Lizzie @ This Happy Life and Sierra @ Beautifully Candid and I are hosting a link up the second Thursday of every month, starting this coming Thursday, February 9th!  We will be sharing our Valentine's Day plans, and hope you will, too!  This is my first time hosting a link up and I am really excited about it.  Below are all the dates and topics - we would LOVE it if you would join us and link up!  




Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie. 

24 comments:

  1. Yay for your parents coming!!! I know y'all will have lots of fun this weekend. And I'm excited about your new link up! Happy Friday, friend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun link up! I can't wait to participate in that one! I'm suuuuper excited for my Falcons in the Super Bowl! Be sure to check out my Friday Favorites today for a giveaway!! Have a fabulous weekend!

    Www.withlovefromgablog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I listen to the music choice channels when I'm cooking or blogging on the couch!! Yay for your new link up! so exciting and hope you have a great weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun your parents are visiting! And YAY for the linkup I will totally be joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when parents come to town!! Souther living is my favorite and such a "big girl"
    Magazine haha. Excited for your link up. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Super Bowl food!!! I've made baked wings before and they've come out really good. You'll have to share your recipe if yours do too!

    So excited for our link up friend!!

    Happy Weekend, have fun with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is fun that your parents are coming and you can get the good ol' dad to help with a few things! I will admit I didn't even know the Super bowl was this weekend! I assumed it was coming soon but until yesterday when I heard it on tv I had no idea haha!

    YAY for the link up! I will have to keep in mind next week when I'm blogging :)
    Happy Weekend!

    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun link up :) Have fun with your parents this weekend! And cheers to Southern Living - it's one of my favorite magazines to look through!

    happilyevergriedlcom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay I'm excited for your link up! I will join in on the Valentine one for sure... I'm hosting Galentines this month. Happy Friday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have a great time with your parents this weekend!! Your Super Bowl menu sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super excited for your link up girl! I adore Southern living magazine too. You make me want to renew my subscription from a few years ago. I hope you have a super sweet weekend beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun linkup idea, I'll definitely keep some of the dates in mind. It sounds like you have a fun weekend lined up with your parents coming to visit! That's always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The super bowl food is the most important part of the day! Those things sound perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so excited to hose this link-up with you ladies! It's going to be so much fun! Enjoy your weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun that you have your own link up! I have a new feature on my blog (first friday of the month) with two other bloggers and we might make it a link up if people express interest and wanting to share their posts too! We'll see. Best of luck with yours though! :)

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wings are classic for Super Bowl. Love the idea of the cheese dip. Thanks for the recommendation. Have a great weekend with your family! And I am very excited about our link up! Have a great weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hooray for your parents coming in town for a visit! It's always so much fun to have them over! And I can't wait to hear how your wing recipe goes! Even though they might not be as crunchy, they're still healthier I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I forgot the Super Bowl was this weekend until this morning when my friend texted me asking what my plans were. Ha! So now I'm having a small get-together, just for the food and commercials of course. ;) Have a fun weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I agree with the long week!! So ready for the weekend! Looking forward to your linkup. How exciting for you to start one!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been a SL subscriber for a few years now, I love to give it to friends for birthdays. It's the best mail day of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dips are the best for superbowl parties. I'm making a cheese based dip too but it has a million ingredients like ham, jalapenos, olives etc. Have a nice weekend with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Obviously I've been living under a rock, because I had no idea the super bowl was this weekend. Also, I have no idea who's even playing.
    The link up looks fun, I will join in!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. So excited for your link up! Hope you are having a terrific weekend with your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always talk my dad into hanging things for me, too! Hope you got your project done. Excited to participate in your new monthly link up :)

    ReplyDelete