Thursday, February 2, 2017

February 2017 Goals


A new month = a new set of goals.

First, a look back at January.

January 2017 Goals:

1.  Read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.  Check this off the list!  I shared my thoughts on the book here.  Overall, I thought it was a good read, especially if you enjoy reading about organizing, even though some parts were a bit much for me.  Amanda at Klein dot co mentioned that the second book was a lot more informative, so I picked it up from the library and am hoping to read it soon!

2.  Revisit my budget.  Eh, no.  I still need to, though!

3.  Perfect the zoodle.  Again, no.  I totally bought some zucchini and had the best intentions of trying some zoodles, but when it came down to actually making them, I failed.


4.  Photo organization.  Another no.  I have such trouble sitting there and making myself do this when I would rather be doing other things!

As you can see, January was not a stellar month for me goal wise.  I could blame it on being crazy at work (which is so true!), but the reality is that I just didn't set aside the time to do it or make it a priority.  Hopefully February will be better!

February 2017 Goals:

1.  Budget!  Repeat from last month, but this one needs to get done!

2.  Make 3 'cookbook' recipes.  I love cookbooks.  I could have entire bookshelf full and still want more.  I love to flip through them, read all the little stores behind the recipes, check out all the pictures...and more often than not, that's it.  While I sometimes execute on actually making recipes that pique my interest, I often forget and go back to my tried and trues, or try out something I found online.  I'd like to make 3 recipes from my beloved cookbooks this month, and even better if they are from 3 different cookbooks, because my goodness, I have a ton.   

3.  Clean up iPhone apps.  I honestly don't use that many apps, but I do have a tendency to download things upon recommendations, only to not put them to use.  There is no point in unnecessarily cluttering up my phone, so I want to take the time look through them and get rid of those that I don't actually use.


4.  #14daysoflovephoto2017.  My girl Sarah at Meet the Shaneyfelts told me about the #14daysoflovephoto2017 instagram challenge yesterday (you can follow me @emilyanndunham).  I always found photo challenges neat, but never thought I be able to stick with it or have the pictures for it.  Fourteen days seems like a good way to ease into doing a photo challenge, and I love that it's all about love - the world could definitely use a bit more of that!

Here's to us achieving whatever goals we may have for this month!

Linking up with Annie and Kristen.  
         

17 comments:

  1. I love cookbooks too! I have a whole shelf and love to drag them out on Sunday mornings and plan our meals for the week! I need to start doing that more too. Have a great month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe I've never asked but do you have a KitchenAid mixer? I bought the Pampered Chef zoodle maker last summer and hate it. I'm now wanting the attachment for my mixer because I think that would be so much easier! And yay for us completing our first IG photo day haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to make more recipes from all of my cookbooks too! You know, actually make them useful instead of getting dusty on a shelf :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cookbook goal! I may have to steal that goal this month too! Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun photo challenge perfect for February! I go back and forth with using my cookbooks, but definitely need to make pulling them out a priority again!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm the same with iPhone apps. I think, oh I might use it one day... Not good! Definitely time for a declutter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love cookbooks. I'm always itching to buy more and Caleb is like "ALL YOUR RECIPES COME FROM THE INTERNET!! We don't need them" haha, but there's something awesome about using a BOOK to make dinner! :) You're going to rock this month, girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your goal for making 3 cookbook recipes! We always fall into the pit of using the same recipes over and over again and never make anything new, so I should try and make some new recipes this month too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm doing that same photo challenge. I don't do them very often because I always forget, but I'm going to try really hard to complete this one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. eh, we all have months like that. i totally failed all of my goals for january, so at least you got one done ;) good luck with february goals! i am always looking at my apps and deleting what i don't use. i don't have that much storage lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck with your goals! You have a good balance of fun mixed in there with making recipes and doing a photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Zoodles! We eat them all the time and they are really not hard to make at all. I also need to do a massive iPhone app clean up.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What are your favorite cookbooks? I've been trying to do more out of those recently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I said in my email to you - I have way too many! There are just a few: In the Kitchen with Kris, The Pioneer Woman, Cravings, Mix & Match Mama Eats, Skinnytaste Fast & Slow. I received The Seasoned Life for Christmas, as well as two Barefoot Contessa books, but haven't gotten to making anything from those as of yet.

      Delete
  14. Yep, I'm still struggling with the budget too LOL! I need to get a zoodle maker, did you share one you love? If so I think I missed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! I haven't used it yet - shame on me - but I have the OXO Spiralizer (tabletop, not hand held).

      Delete
  15. I've been trying to cleanup my phone too! I don't have near enough storage, so I'm trying to eliminate unused things!

    ReplyDelete