Wednesday, January 25, 2017

What's Up Wednesday: January 2017


I am linking up with my usual Wednesday girls - Jessi and Jenn for What's Hap-pinning Wednesday and Shay for What's Up Wednesday.

What I'm eating this week...

Monday: Italian Pork Chops / Rice
Tuesday: Leftovers
Wednesday: Grilled Chicken / Salad
Thursday: Beef & Noodles / Peas
Friday: Leftovers
I sometimes feel like I get off course from my planning as the week goes in, but so far so good with this one!  I plan to share the Italian Pork Chops recipes tomorrow - the pork chops have peppers and onion with them, takes under 30 minutes to pull together, and is super easy!

What I'm reminiscing about...I don't know if you would consider this reminiscing, because it is more like "where has the time gone," but with my 30th birthday fast approaching (less than two months), I have kind of been stuck on that!

What I'm loving...salads!  I have been having salads for lunch lately - it's the perfect way to get in my veggies.  I make a big batch on Sunday, then portion it out throughout the week.  My go-to is romaine lettuce, red pepper, carrots, cucumbers and green olives.  

What I've been up to...working!  This is a busy month at work, so during the week it's all work, work, work, work, work, and the weekends are more about relaxing, while still being somewhat productive.

What I'm dreading...not much at this point in time!

What I'm working on...getting organized.  I read The Life-Changing Art of Tidying Up (read my thoughts here) and just checked out the second book from the library last weekend.  I want to read up on tips and tricks before I start actually going through things, so that I can hopefully complete my reorg as efficiently as possible!  I also read this blog post last week about purging clothes, which I really enjoyed, too.  Seems like a great system to put in place after I do a big clean out to keep things in check.  

What I'm excited about...travel planning.  I really want to make make the most of my work travel this year, and get in some extra fun travel.  In order to do that, I am thinking about it early on, trying to plan and it's really making me excited!  

What I'm watching...nothing too new and exciting.  Shooter's first season ended, but I am happy to hear it will be back in the summer.  Pure Genius has been a favorite lately, but I think their season is ending soon, too.  Hopefully it will be back, though!  Other than that, Quantico, Madame Secretary, Elementary, Sister Wives, Teen Mom 2...

What I'm listening to...not much.  Now that the holidays have passed, I don't really listen to much music at work, and with my short commute, I don't really hear much to and from work.  

What I'm wearing...UGG slippers.  Pretty much any time I am at home, these babies are on my feet!

What I'm doing this weekend...no plans for this weekend - I suppose I should start thinking about that!

What I'm looking forward to next month...hopefully things being a bit less busy at work, the Spirit of Provident Gala, and Valentine's Day!


Bonus Question: Who is your favorite Bachelor...I honestly haven't really watched The Bachelor, other than some of Ben's season.  I guess I would have to say him, although I enjoy Sean Lowe, but I didn't really hear of him when he was actually on the show, just after.

21 comments:

  1. I put my ugg slippers on as soon as I get home too - they are so cozy!! We are sticking with our meal plan this week and that's always a good thing!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have forgotten all about watching Sister Wives! I need to go read a synopsis of everything that's happened since I last watched it like 2 years ago. And how exciting for your 30th birthday coming up!!! I hope you do something fun!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Sean Lowe is my favorite--hes the most genuine of the Bachelors, and I love him and Catherine's relationship now.
    Go you with the organization and the salads. Clear space, healthy choices :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm always thinking "where did the time go?" I swear, wasn't I just a senior in HS having the best time!?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Italian Pork Chops?! I can't wait for that recipe, it sounds amazing! And yes to Ugg slippers. I wish it was acceptable to wear them to work! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for 30th birthdays! Really not a big deal ;) I can say that now since I'm 33 and well over the 30 hump haha!

    Also yay for organization! I went through all my crafting stuff last week and man that was a job but I'm so happy with it now! Makes it so much easier when I want to go and craft and I know where everything is now haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. When is your 30th? Mine is in March and I'm having mixed emotions hahaha av bachelor? I'll have to think about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got a pair of Ugg slippers for Christmas (that actually ended up coming in this weekend) and I am obsessed with them, too! As soon as I get home, they go on my feet & they don't come off until it's time for bed. Love, love, love a good pair of Ugg slippers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Work trips are always my fave way to get some extra travel in with some of the costs being covered! :) Ahh...30...I remember 30. By then I had 2 kids and had already gotten divorced..EEK! Glad things turned around by 40. ha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-happy early 30th! You look fabulous, I would have guessed younger :-) The time really does go SO fast..there are so many memories I can't believe are already a decade old!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a good salad! Reorganizations and cleanouts make my heart so happy :) LOVE Quantico!! I'm so intrigued on where things are going this season.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugg slippers are the best! I have two pair but for some reason I always wear just the one so it was silly to buy a second one I'm so in love with my worn in ones. Give me all the salads too, and now you made me hungry for beef and noodles! Girl, you're going to love your 30s, they were my favorite decade. Not that my 40s aren't OK but I just felt I looked at my best and felt my best in my 30s ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been on a clean-out-everything kick, too! It feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been all about salads too lately which is a good thing after the month of December where I was eating and drinking all the things :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooooh I just read that blog post about purging your closet and that is such a great idea! I need to adopt the bring one in take one out method. I always say I'm going to do it, then I don't, and then I run out of hangers. Haha. I think I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have been loving salads so much as well. They are the best. Especially when you add in all the healthy goodies. I have been purging things as well. It feels good to start the new year like that.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to check out that blog post about purging my closet because I have so many pieces of clothing I don't wear! I've been all about my ugg slippers as well :) Got a leopard pair for Christmas and I've had them on nonstop at home!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I need to start figuring out healthy meals to make for dinner. Any ideas? I hope that work slows down a bit next month! :)

    Lauren @ www.shootingstarsmag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've been having lots of salads for lunch, too. I've never put green olives on mine so I'll have to try that. I am trying to add more protein to my salads to keep me full so hard boiled eggs have been a key ingredient for me.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I;ve been listening to comedians on my ride home/to work. It's a nice change from music or audiobooks like I normally do!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hear ya on the reminiscing one! Where do your 20s go?! I can't wait to see where your work/fun travels take you!
    Xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams

    ReplyDelete