Monday, January 30, 2017

Weekend Recap

Happy Monday!

This post is going to be short and sweet, because honestly, I didn't do a whole lot that is notable this weekend.

Friday ended up being a lot crazier at work than I expected - I even stayed late which is pretty unusual on a Friday.  I had a library book due the next day, so I spent the night finishing it, and watching a little TV.

I was worn out Friday, so I did my cleaning first thing, which was nice to get out of the way.  For lunch I had a new-to-me gyro place, St. Louis Gyros.  It wasn't bad - the fries were pretty amazing, but the gyros definitely don't hold a candle to my favorite, The Gyro Company.

Sunday was all about running errands and meal prepping.  I made Rachel's Roasted Cauliflower Winter Salad for my lunches, and I am super excited to try it out.  I had some bites of the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas while I was prepping and it was so good.  I can imagine mixed together with lettuce, avocado and feta, it is going to be delicious!  The afternoon brought a movie - Patriots Day, which was so hard to watch, but so very good.    

That's all!  Hope you all have a great Monday.


Image result for monday mantra
via 

Linking up with Biana.
  

15 comments:

  1. I skipped today's blog post because I feel like I did nothing this weekend! Dustin was gone hunting all weekend so I basically caught up on tv, did laundry, and grocery shopped. Not blog-worthy haha! I've debated watching Patriot's Day. I bet it was really hard to watch. I hope you have a great Monday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love taste testing new things while I'm making them - you know quality assurance LOL! Happy Monday! xo, BIana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good gyro so when I try a new place and they're not that great, I get super bummed LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Nothing" weekends are the best - I'm hoping to have a few of them in February - when it's cold we just don't want to be out and about!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes the quietest weekends are some of the best! <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Roasted cauliflower salad sounds great to me and uneventful weekend's truly become the best weekends! I hope you have a super week ahead pretty girl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I've never had a gyro. Is that weird and totally not normal? Have an amazing week <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love roasted cauliflower, so that recipe looks right up my alley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It sounds like you had a great weekend to relax and recuperate after a crazy work week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sometimes we all need a weekend with not much going on. A gyro sounds so good right now and now I might have a new consideration for lunch :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh that salad sounds delicious! And your weekend sounded amazing! I always love weekends with absolutely nothing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's salad sounds so so good! Must try! Glad you had a good, low key weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Low key weekends are so nice sometimes! Mine was pretty similar. Partiot's Day is on my list to see, I'm sure it will be sad but definitely necessary to watch since I live in Boston.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That salad sounds pretty yummy!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I make a similar dish to the salad, but make an avocado creama and put it on a whole wheat pita. I found the recipe online. Chickpeas and cauliflower are really good together. I love a good calm weekend!

    ReplyDelete