Monday, January 9, 2017

Weekend Recap: Taking Down Christmas

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend.

My Friday was pretty uneventful.  I tried catching up on some blog reading.  I got so behind way back in December and am still playing catch up on seeing what everyone has been up to.  It was a wild night that ended with me falling asleep on the couch - getting crazy over here!

I was up bright and early on Saturday to get my workout in before a quick breakfast date.  My goal for the day was to get down all of my Christmas decorations.  In my mind, this would take like 2 hours max, but in reality it took almost alllllll day.  I took a break to meet my best friend for a late Christmas / birthday lunch.  We ate at Pho Manchester, which was really good.  She has been telling me about pho for a long time, and I was excited to give it a try.  Really though, you can't go wrong with noodles, beef (and broth) and some extras.  It was so nice catching up, and seeing her little guy.  He was just all smiles and the best little one for the whole lunch.  After I made it home, it was back at it with the decorations.  I finally got everything back in place and all cleaned up.  Putting them away is definitely not near as fun as putting them up.  I gave myself a break in the evening and read The Woman in Cabin 10.  I will be doing a review later on, but spoiler alert - I was a big fan!!

Sunday morning started off with a headache which is never fun.  I finally made it out of bed, did my work out and started on some homemade spaghetti sauce.  It's my very favorite thing, and makes a ton, so lots to eat for the week and freeze!  The only downfall is that it takes about 3.5 hours all in all.  Laundry, meal prepping and a small bit of organizing were all accomplished while it cooked.  I had big plans to purge and organize a bunch this weekend, but honestly, that Christmas stuff just wore me out a bit!  Once the spaghetti was finished I headed out to run errands.  My trip to the grocery store reminded me why I usually try to avoid shopping on a Sunday afternoon - always such a madhouse!  I felt like I hadn't been to the movies in forever, so we headed out late afternoon to check out Rogue One.  I didn't think it would be too busy since it had been out for awhile, but the theater was packed!!  It was a really great movie.  I was a little upset at the ending, but in reality I should have known how it would end, since I have seen all the other movies.  The Golden Globes were the other highlight to the evening.  I love, love, love seeing all the dresses and really enjoyed the opening.

It's going to be a busy week, but hopefully a good one!

Image result for busy week quotes

Linking up with Biana.   

17 comments:

  1. I spend 2 whole days putting up Christmas so I'm jealous that it only took you one day haha!!!! Putting away Christmas is the worst--I love putting it out though :) Are you still doing the 21 day fix workouts? I didn't work out this weekend :( But I'll be back at the gym this afternoon. I hope your headache has gone away!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man you were so productive on Sunday which is awesome!! Your sauce sounds like it's pretty heavenly too! Happy Monday girl! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. It took me forever to put up my Christmas decs and I still have a handful of things sitting in my dining room! Homemade spaghetti sauce sounds so yummy. I'm sure it takes forever but definitely worth it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you for getting workouts in both weekend days! That's impressive :) Your weekend sounds super productive and relaxing, well except putting all the decor away - that is always the worst part!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's always so depressing taking down Christmas. I can't wait to hear what you thought of The Woman in Cabin 10 too! I've been wanting to read that! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you got things done this weekend, and still had time for some fun with friends. Sucks about the headache--I hate waking up with one because it usually means I'll have it for the rest of the day. Your sauce sounds yummy! We are making meatballs (for spaghetti) this week and I'm craving it so badly today!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really productive weekend! I always think taking down Christmas decorations will be a breeze, but it takes forever to organize everything as I put it away, and I always feel like the house needs a good cleaning after it is all said and done. Hope you have a great week! Cheers, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Putting up Christmas stuff was such a chore this year! It took me 2 days and I was worn out! Your homemade sauce sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl, you don't even want to know how long it took me to take down my Christmas decorations. I literally have 25 tubs of decorations. So I've been doing it in spurts. The Christmas tree was the last thing to go and my husband laughed because I literally blew it a kiss goodbye as I unplugged the lights for the last time. So sad but my house is looking all fresh and clean but I still miss the decorations. Hope you have a marvelous Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG taking Christmas down is always such an EVENT! It takes forever! I know you're glad that you finally got it done, though! It's always so sad, but it's nice to have the clean slate! Happy Monday, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taking down the Christmas decorations really is such a pain, and it took way longer for us this past weekend too! I'm glad that you were able to get some stuff done around the house and that you made it to Rogue One! It was so good, but so sad like you said!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ugh taking down Christmas is probably the worst, this year since we didn't put up a whole lot I just ripped it off like a bandaid and got it all done, but I was so sad at looking at the blank space where the tree was. I loved the Golden Globes too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like taking them down took WAY longer than putting them up for some reason!! And I LOVE pho!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Emily!!

    I love Reese Witherspoon, and anything yellow, so her dress last night was seriously my favorite! Glad you had a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Monday! I've had a really hard time keeping up with blog posts, sometimes it feels impossible to catch up! I'm craving pho now after hearing you talk about it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm totally craving noodles now, and I'm always so sad to take down all the Christmas decor. I always think it'll be quick too, but it was also a 2 day process because of all the vacuuming and re-organizing the closets and garage. Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Woman in Cabin 10 is on my library holds list! I'm waiting patiently!! We saw Passengers instead of Rogue One - I'm the opposite and have only seen two of the Star Wars movies so I didn't know if this new one would be lost on me!

    ReplyDelete