Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Weekend Recap: MLK Weekend

Hey all!  Hope you enjoyed your extra weekend day as much as I did.  Wouldn't it be lovely is all weekends were 3 days?

The forecast for St. Louis was supposed to be bad all weekend.  Fortunately, it really just hit us Friday and that was it!  I ended up working from home, which was a good idea, because it got icy out there.  My balcony was just a sheet of ice, so I could only imagine the roads.  Luckily the various news stations really prepped us for the potential ice.  I was a bit sad though - one of my favorite things about a big storm / bad weather is the storm coverage on the news.  I seriously can watch it all day.  While we did get ice, it wasn't near as bad as I think they were anticipating, so the extreme storm coverage did not happen.  I guess that is a good thing, though!  After working, I did my work out and relaxed in front of the tv.  

Before the ice melted - so pretty on the trees!

The temps rose enough on Saturday to melt the ice, and while we did have rain on and off the rest of the weekend, the epic ice storm did not come to fruition.  I still hunkered down inside and made a big dent in my DVR.  Last week was one of those busy ones, both at work and outside of work, so it was nice to just relax.  

Sunday was pretty uneventful, too, with some organizing and reading.  I did finally get out of the house to see a movie - Hidden Figures.  I can't say enough good things about this movie.  It's a must-see!  I think everyone in the theater felt the same, because we had some clapping at the end.  Just very powerful.

I enjoyed the extra day off with sleeping in a bit.  I did that more than normal this weekend, which was both good and bad.  I think I needed the sleep, but I also felt like I got a late start to the days which put me off a bit.  I headed out for lunch, and then spent the rest of the day meal prepping and doing laundry...all that fun stuff.  Overall it was a really low-key weekend, but sometimes that is just what is needed.  

Linking up with Biana, Whitney, Ashley and Erika.

16 comments:

  1. Hidden Figures is on my list of movies to see! And you and Dustin are just alike when it comes to weather coverage--y'all can watch it all the time and I'd rather not watch it haha! Enjoy the short week!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! Thankfully we did not get the crazy ice here in Indiana either. I totally know what you mean with the news coverage---hooked for sure! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sad I haven't seen Hidden Figures yet! I've only heard great things and I'm dying to! Glad the ice wasn't as bad for you as they thought - I do love seeing the ice on trees! So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having 3 day weekends all the time would definitely be perfect! That extra day makes such a difference. And sometimes a low-key weekend is my favorite kind of weekend. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I slept in yesterday too and that made getting up today even harder, but I'm with you every weekend should be three days!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brayden really wants to see Hidden Figures, he's been asking me just about every day, maybe I'll take him on a date. Are there any risky scenes? better look into that first LOL! Glad your weather wasn't too bad, ours was suppose to be the same but it wasn't. We had lots of ice yesterday morning though. The kids basically ice skated to the car!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sleeping in is so great but I agree it can throw you off! Glad you got it though! So funny you love watching storm coverage-growing up I always loved watching to see if we had school cancelled :-) Hope you had a great long weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard such good things about that movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kind of jealous of your three day weekend because I was definitely stuck at the office yesterday :/ I'll have to try and check out hidden figures or at least put it on my Kodi list. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love when the ice is on the trees like that too! It's so pretty! Especially at sunrise or sunset!



    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have heard nothing, but amazing things about Hidden Figures and I cannot wait to watch it! We saw La La Land and it was phenomenal! Glad the storm wasn't too bad and you were able to work from home!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You definitely need a low key weekend if there's going to be bad weather! I'm always glued to the TV during the crazy weather too because the news coverage is always so crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. its so crazy to see all the ice you guys had. we were surprised her in northern Florida with the warmest January weekend I can remember in a long, long time!! glad you were able to enjoy a 3 day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful low-key weekend. Those really are my favorites. And that view outside of your apartment is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This winter we've been so bad about sleeping in too and I feel the same way - it's so nice but then I feel so behind on the day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like a nice and easy weekend. Those are sometimes the best! And yes for sleeping in!

    ReplyDelete