Tuesday, January 3, 2017

Weekend Recap: Christmas 2016 Part 2

This past weekend was Christmas Part 2, at my brother and sister in law's house.  Because my brother was sick when we originally were planning to get together, we decided to celebrate the weekend after Christmas.

The festivities started on Friday, with Turducken Eve.  Since my brother and sister in law have been together, they have had turducken, which is a turkey stuffed with stuffing, chicken, more stuffing and duck.  My sister in law is amazing and puts this whole things together - the amount of work that goes in is ridiculous, but definitely worth it.  Since we got there early afternoon, we actually opened presents before eating.  Jack was having a ball.  He is obsessed with mowers, tractors, trucks, cars - basically anything on wheels.  My parents got him pjs with different vehicles on them and he was in love.  He kept carrying them around and pointing out the "car-car"s.  Too cute.  I never thought a little guy would be so obsessed with clothes!  He also got a little John Deere mower ornament, because he loves to watch the neighbor on his riding mower.  He constantly was wanting to be lifted up to the tree to see the "mow-mow".  We watched Holiday Inn, one of my favorites, and just enjoyed being together.  


The next day we enjoyed our normal Christmas breakfast, monkey bread.  My mom also made an egg and bacon pie, which was super yummy.  We played more with Jack's new toys, and he even made it outside for a few minutes to go for a ride in his new wagon from my parents.  After lunch and watching White Christmas, we headed out.  New Year's Eve was spent at a close family friend's house, enjoying pizza, wine, cards, and the most important - great company.


I headed back to St. Louis early Sunday morning with a full car.  I don't know how it always happens - I always seem to come back with so much stuff!!!  The rest of the weekend and the next day off were spent unpacking, relaxing and getting ready for the week!  I actually had planned to share a weekend recap yesterday, but I got the days all mixed up and thought yesterday was going to be Sunday, as opposed to it really being Monday.  Whoops!  Hopefully that confusion doesn't stick with me for work today!

I hope you all had a great holiday - both Christmas and New Year's!

Linking up with Biana and Whitney.

17 comments:

  1. When we go back to see Gary's parents we always come back with more than we left with LOL! SO glad you had a great celebration with your brother and the family - that turduken sounds amazing! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nephew is so cute!!!! And even though the first Christmas didn't work out because of sickness, I love that you got to do Christmas festivities all over again!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had an awesome weekend, your nephew is adorable! Happy New Year :-)
    Xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams 

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not going to lie, I always wanted to try turducken but I don't even know where to begin making it! And monkey bread is always amazing! Sounds like you had a great celebration! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. He is so cute! Always so fun to have a little one for the holidays. I've been nutty about what day it is as well...and I don't go back to work until Friday so I'm sure I'll be nutty until then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a great weekend! Happy New Year!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  7. The confusion is such a struggle for me today, add on top of that it's 2017 and I'm still not used to that. Love that he was obsessed with his pajamas, boys and their wheels! Hope you had a fantastic holiday weekend celebrating!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We always have the problem of bringing back more than we came with (not a bad problem to have...although we did joke that next year we will have to pile presents around the baby lol). Glad it was a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year! Glad the celebration continued for you. My brother in law made a turducken once which I was not able to taste being at opposite ends of the country, but I heard it was amazing!! We always end up with way too much stuff to. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jack is so adorable!! It looks like another great celebration! We always get so much stuff from our parents, I'm still trying to figure out where to put everything! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We have that wagon for my girls. It is the best. Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jack is so cute! Sounds like such a fun day with family!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Even if it was a little delayed so fun you got to celebrate with your brother and the fam! I've heard of Turducken before and I've been dying to try it but don't think I'm ready to tackle such a recipe! Send some my way next time! lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. We always have the same problem when we go to my MIL's for Christmas... they buy ridiculous amounts of gifts! It took me three hours to get them all put away last weekend! I guess that's not a bad problem to have, though! Haha. Your nephew is such a little doll. I just want to squeeze him!

    ReplyDelete