Monday, January 23, 2017

Weekend Recap: Books & Church

Hey all!  Hope you had a great weekend.  Mine was good, but as always, went by way too fast!

Friday was a good day.  The TVs throughout the building had the inauguration on, and I thoroughly enjoyed checking out the outfits.  Melania's blue suit dress was gorgeous, and I absolutely loved Ivanka's ballgown.  No matter what side you are on, I think you can always appreciate the fashion.  Michelle Obama had some really great moments, and I can imagine between Melania and Ivanka Trump we will see more great looks.  I cleaned Friday evening, then finished up my latest favorite book, Two by Two by Nicholas Sparks.  I loved it.  

After sleeping in later than normal the past few weekends, I decided to set my alarm this weekend.  Later then during the week, but early enough to feel like I was getting a good start on the morning.  I got in my workout, enjoyed a show (anyone else a Shooter fan?) and then headed out to run errands.  It was SO NICE out this weekend.  I was plenty warm in just a long sleeve shirt, with no jacket.  I wore one of my Christmas presents, these UGG slip ons, while out and I can't tell you how comfortable they are.  Usually I am really good at getting in and out at Target, but this past Saturday I went in with four items on my list and left with a ton more than that.  Whoops!  I logged in more reading time that afternoon, before heading out to dinner to Outback.  It was nice to enjoy a dinner out, and honestly, I think Outback is just as good as some of those fancy steakhouses.  I can't hang like I used to, and that small glass of wine I had with dinner had me in bed pretty early after I got home!

I finished up my second round of the 21 Day Fix on Sunday.  I would say that my second experience was pretty similar to my first one, which I shared here.  The meal plan part did get a bit easier, and I think I have gotten into a better routine and habit with my prepping for the week.  I got ready and headed out to try a church.  I get pretty anxious about trying new things, so to say I was nervous would be an understatement.  It was definitely more contemporary than I am used to - there was a band and we didn't even say the Lord's Prayer! - but I enjoyed the message, and met the sweetest old man on my way out.  It must have been pretty obvious I was new, and I appreciated him taking a few minutes to go out of his way to chat and welcome me.  I plan on going again next weekend, before trying out a few others.  Even if this is not the one for me, I am just really proud of myself for getting out of my comfort zone and going.  The rest of the day was spent reading - pretty much the theme to the whole weekend - and meal prepping.  Five Guys rounded out the night, which is always such a treat.

Now it's back to the grind and another busy week at work.  Happy Monday!


Image result for monday motivation
via       

Linking up with Biana

19 comments:

  1. Two By Two is on my list to read!!! Now that I've started a show on Amazon Prime, I'm going to watch it (I think I only have 5-6 episodes left) and then start reading. Could you tell a difference after this round of the 21 day fix? Stronger or leaner? I would love some Ugg slippers but I don't know if it'll ever get cold enough here to wear them haha! Have a wonderful Monday!!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a super productive weekend!! Already done with another 21 day fix - way to go girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here we go again! I have that Nicholas Sparks book on my bedside table to read too! Heres to us making it through another work week! XOXO, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on getting through round 2 of the 21 day fix! I was definitely struggling at the end of my 3 weeks, mainly because of the meal plan. Keep up the good work!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get that book! But I'm still trying to finish another one #slowestreaderever LOL! Sounds like a nice productive weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO impressed with the 21 Day fix times two! Go, you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So awesome that you got out to church! It really can be so intimidating when you haven't gone to one before-so good for you! And also major props for finishing round 2 of your fix! Sounds like 2017 is off to a good start for you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh those Ugg slip ons!!! I've never seen these before they are so cute and I can imagine perfect for keeping your toes warm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think it's awesome that you got out of your comfort zone and tried a new place! There's definitely nothing wrong with that :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Trying a new church can be so intimidating, good for you for sticking it out! I hope you find one you connect with soon! Man, I need some UGG slippers in my life!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So proud of you girl on your 21 day fix! I went over to Nordstrom website, those UGG slip ons are so stinking cute! I love the title of this post books & church, sounds like a great weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on finishing your second round! That's AMAZING and super inspiring! I'm sure you're feeling great. I love the pomp and circumstance of the Inauguration. I just think it's super fun to watch. I wasn't totally in love with Melania's ball dress, but she is gorgeous and could rock anything! I loved her Inauguration outfit though. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Emily, Good for you getting out and trying new churches. Such an important part of your life...or mine anyways. I don't know what your background is, but it sounds fairly conservative (like mine) We attend the Church of Christ. It's non-denominational, New Testament based. Anyway, you might like it😉💕. Happy Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Way to go on setting your alarm and getting a head start on the weekend! And seriously the best kinds of weekends are the ones that you just spend the day reading but also getting stuff done! I'm a huge Nicholas Sparks fan so I'll have to check out Two By Two!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go on trying out the new church! Since I just found my church home and I know how that feels, I'll be saying some extra prayers for you! Also, I'm so with you on the fashion - I don't care who you support, she was k-i-l-l-i-n-g it! Have a great day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so right about Ivanka's ballgown. It was stunning! I need to find something like that for our ball this weekend. Ha!

    I'm glad to hear that you liked Two by Two. I'm a few chapters in and I'm liking it a lot, but I had heard a few people say that they didn't like it.

    And good for you for trying new churches! I'm sure that you will be able to find one that suits your needs. And I'm with you... I would have been a nervous wreck! I get so scared trying new things like that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so upset we were losing the fabulous Michelle, and her amazing fashion choices and of course those killer arms! But I never even thought about how fashionable Milania and Ivanka are, I think we have a lot to look forward to with their event looks <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. our weather was near 60 all weekend and it was awesome, and now they are calling for snow here by the weekend. Have a great week!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love those Ugg slip ons. I want a pair!!! I spent a long time at Target too and it was so much fun. I loved the dresses for the ball and for the Inauguration.

    ReplyDelete