Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Things I'm Loving

I thought I would do a round up of things I am loving right now - a bit of a mix with different things, but all things I felt like I need to share!



1.  Kodiak Cakes.  I am seriously obsessed with these pancakes.  The mix has all the good things in it, while still tasting just like regular, old pancakes.  These have been my weekend treat and I am already looking forward to making some again Saturday morning.

2.  The "Killing" books.  I read Killing Lincoln and Killing Kennedy this month and have really enjoyed both of them.  I love history, and these books are a great way to read about history, while still feeling like it's more of a story, rather than a dry, history textbook.  I will be sharing my thoughts further in my January book review, but spoiler alert - I highly recommend them!



3.  Calvin Klein heels.  I have mentioned these shoes before, but I have to say it again - these are by far the most comfortable pumps I have ever worn.  I wore my newest pair last week and was just reminded at how great they are, because for me at least, they require zero "break-in" time.  I have black, navy, and tan, and wear a pair to work pretty much everyday.  I love the classic look, and I can't reiterate just how comfortable they are!



4.  Crest Whitestripes Professional Effects.  I picked these up when I was at my parents' over Christmas, and can really tell a difference.  I like the fact that they are only 30 minutes.  I did try to do them everyday for a bit, but my teeth/gums got a bit sensitive, so I just did every other day.  I felt like my teeth were whiter, and I still have plenty left for when I need a little refresh.  I bought them at Walgreens, and they had a coupon by the display for a discount.  I definitely recommend looking for something like that, or looking for a coupon online, since they aren't the cheapest.  They do really work, though!


Crest 3D White No Slip Whitestrips, Professional Effects

5. Oven Fry (I usually get the Kraft brand).  This is one of my favorite quick go-to's for dinner.  It's super delicious, and so easy.  I actually made this last night and paired it with a salad.  Perfect after a long day!    



Linking up with Whitney.

14 comments:

  1. I have a box of those Kodak cakes in my pantry that I have got to cook. Glad to know you like them!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've already finished Killing Kennedy?!?! Omg--I just finished chapter 5 yesterday haha!!! I did pretty much zero reading this weekend but I've got to catch up big time. And I've never tried that oven fried mix, but I love using panko crumbs for when I bake chicken!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo how did you know I've been on the hunt for a new pair of black pumps!? I like that those don't have a super high heel. And those crest strips, I'm going to put on my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about Kodiak Cakes! I have those Crest whitestrips in my bathroom - I just need to remember to use them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving those pancakes! They seriously taste just as good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOh I need to check out those Kodiak Cakes! I love pancakes so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband isn't a big reader, but he swears by The Killing books too! I need to check them out since I'm a huge history nerd too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got some of those Whitening Strips before Christmas but I haven't used them yet. I'm so glad to hear that you like them and that you're seeing results from them! Also, I LOVE those heels! And I love that they come in a variety of different colors. So many to choose from!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh i'll have to check out those killing books. sound interesting! and i'm always looking for comfy heels, the breaking in time is the worst so anything to skip that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try those pancakes! They sound good. Those "Killer" books sounds very interesting and definitely something my husband would love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those heels look perfect for work or evenings out. That's my ideal heel height because anything higher hurts my feet and is inevitably a disaster. lol The Crest White strips are awesome. I have a bunch and of course forget to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kodiak Cakes sound great! I need to look into them!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've always wanted to read those Killing Kennedy, Lincoln, etc books. I think my dad has them so I'll have to borrow them from him. Love those pumps and I've heard several people recommend those Kodiak cakes lately. I've got to find that mix because we love pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are the second person to recommend the "killing" books and I'm already somewhat JFK obsessed. May have to try to sneak these pancakes by the teenager.

    ReplyDelete