Thursday, January 5, 2017

January 2017 Goals

2017...even though we are already 5 days into the new year, it still seems weird to be writing 2017!  While I plan to have resolutions for the year, I am still going to set smaller goals for each months.

First, a look back at last month's goals.

December Goals:

1.  Wrap presents!  This was easily checked off my list.  I love wrapping presents, and knocked the majority of them out one Sunday morning, with just a few stragglers behind.  

2.  Make a Christmas bucket list.  I never actually wrote down one, but had an idea in my head.  Nevertheless, I don't exactly count this as done.  Next year! 

3.  Keep a tidier purse!  Eh, so-so.  My purse was a bit cleaner, but not what I had in mind when I wrote this.  Guess it's better than nothing!


4.  New Year's Resolutions.  I plan to share my resolutions next week.

January 2017 Goals:

1.  Read The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo.  I know I may be a little late to the party on this one, but I have yet to read this book.  I bought it a little over a year ago, and it has just been sitting on my shelf.  The new year always gets me in the mood to clean and declutter, and I feeling it's only fitting to read this book now.  Hopefully I can take away a few tips to help with my organizing.

2.  Revisit my budget.  I switched up how I track my spending, as well as my budget a bit over the last half of the year and I am sure it could use a closer look.  I think the start of a new year is a good time to do that.

3.  Perfect the zoodle.  I received a spiralizer for Christmas and can't wait to put it to use.  I really want to find a good recipe for zoodles, because I am such a pasta lover, having a healthier option in my back pocket would definitely be helpful.

4.  Photo organization.  This was a goal of mine last year that did not get accomplished.  It still is something I really want to get done, though, so hopefully the fresh start of the year will help to motivate me.

Do you prefer monthly goals to resolutions, or vice versa?  Or are you like me and do both?

Linking up with Annie and Kristen.  
         

23 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see what you so with your Spiralizer!!! They are so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a zoodle maker from Pampered Chef and I don't love it. I saw where KitchenAid has an attachment for one and I really want it! My in laws have a huge garden every year and have lots of zucchini so I need a good zoodle maker! Dustin is obsessed with budgeting so thankfully I never have to think about it! haha He even keeps an excel spreadsheet of monthly expenses and likes looking back at what we spent each month on something. He's crazy ha!

    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made it a goal to read that book this year too! We are going to have to do some reorganization in our house soon and I need all the tips I can get!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily!! You'll have to report back about your spiralizer! I've been interested in one for a while, but I'm not convinced I would use it often. Oh... and the tidy purse.... that's a big "yeah right!" for me. I have to dump mine once a month and spend 30 minutes cleaning it because it's just a bottomless pit for junk. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to do some photo organization too. Mine are such a clutter, it's always so hard to find what I'm looking for! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have yet to read that book either but I only hear great things. This is my year to really purge and live more simply, but with kids and the 100837 presents they get for Christmas seems to make that impossible LOL! I really need to get better about a budget as well, want to share how you track your spending?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am the worst at photo organization. Hope you find something that works!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love resolutions, but i didn't make any this year. i think i'm at the age where i have constant big goals in my head, and i need to focus on the smaller things that will make them happen, if that makes sense. good luck with the zoodle! i have a spiralizer thingy and i got it for christmas... 2 years ago? lol. still in the package. oops!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OOh most definitely share some spiralizer successes once you have them! :-) I love how you set monthly goes-what a good reminder to make small, easier changes that will add up to good things!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This year I didn't set any big year goals but I did set some intentions about how I want to act towards myself and others and how I want to live life in general. I am going to set a few monthly goals each month that are more measurable. Every time I clean out my purse I think that I will never let it get that bad again...but then it does. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Photo organization is such a good one - I have been wanting to make photo books... and haven't done it since 2013 - whoops. Can't wait to read your year-long resolutions, too.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the budget maker in our house and love it!! I find we save so much money and spend an unbelievably smaller amount eating out when I'm on top of it and really track our spending. If you're going to read that book, get some boxes and trash bags handy because you will get rid of SO much! I thought some of her ideas were great and some a bit nutty (I'm not talking to my things) but I was definitely inspired to do a huge clean out when I read it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Budgeting is on my list for 2017. I want to get better at tracking spending with the hope of spending/saving smarter.
    Photo organization is so hard! I do an annual photo book in Shutterfly that I try to update monthly - Otherwise it's too overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that you want to perfect the zoodle! Yum! I need to get better at photo organization as well, and finish the scrap books I've started. Cheers to 2017 <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your goal for better photo organization! I feel like mine are semi organized, but I could do better!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to get to organizing my photos as well! It's so easy having them on your phone, but I've got to get them actually printed out.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I loved the Konmarie book! It's a little wacky at times, but if you can look past that, there's a lot of good stuff that you can take away! That was how I was able to purge all of my stuff last year!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I still haven't read that book either and I'm not sure I'd be totally sold on some of what I've heard, but I still feel like it would be a great one to read! You're inspiring me to try out my spiralizer again!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you enjoy the book! Some parts were weird but overall I really enjoyed it.

    Thanks for joining our linkup!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a spiralizer and use it all the time!!! Check Pinterest for zoodle recipes...I've found so many good ones on there :)

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are great goals! I need to focus on photo organization this year too.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The beginning of the year is a great time to revisit your budget. Thanks for reminding me to get on that! I have the same problem with my purse being a bottomless hole of stuff lol but I did just clean it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'd love to hear all of your zoodle making tips! I would love to give them a try this year.

    ReplyDelete