Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday Favorites: Treats & Another Phone Call

Yay for Friday!  This week has been another long one - typical of work this time of year, and I am ready for those two precious days off.



My first favorite this week has got to be my southern treats from one of my very favorites, Sarah.  She gave this northern girl a little taste of the south this week, which was super sweet.  I am thankful for her and our friendship, especially our early morning text convos!

A favorite last week was a phone convo with my brother - this week includes one with my grandma AND mom.  I had an appointment in the middle of the day, so I was hoping to use my drive time to catch up with my grandma.  My mom happened to be visiting her that day and while I called on my way back to work to try and avoid interrupting their time together, my mom was still there.  They both got on the phone and we had a quick chat which was super fun.

Walking into my apartment with dinner most of the way done is always a favorite.  I made Beef & Noodles last night and it was so good.  Such comfort meal of mine, especially in the winter.  I knew I had a later meeting at work, so I purposely picked Thursday for a crock pot meal.  So a quick dinner on Thursday and leftovers for the weekend was a total win for me this week.

I picked up these OLLY multivitamins at Target awhile ago and really love them.  I always have them before dinner, and I love how the flavor and the gummy texture almost makes me feel like I am having a treat, even though it's just a vitamin.  Not sure if the deal is still going on, but Target was offering a deal last weekend where if you buy two containers, then you get a $5 gift card.  Gotta love a good deal.

My Barefoot Dreams cardigan is one of my favorite things.  I love wearing it around the house - pretty sure I lived it in over the holidays when at my parents - and almost treat it as a robe in some sense, wearing it over my pjs.  I was super excited when I found out that same brand has actual robes, as I have been wanting one for awhile.  Right now I am stuck between the short robe and the cozy robe - they both aren't cheap, but the short robe is quite a bit more money than the cozy robe.  However, I was thinking the short robe would be better to wear year-round.  I'd love to hear your thoughts, especially if you have either!

Have the best weekend.

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie. 


20 comments:

  1. Those goodies from Sarah look awesome! I love my barefoot dreams Cardi. I have too many of them! So comfy and soft!! Have a great weeekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to tell me when you finally get to taste the white sauce! We were talking about it at the lunch table yesterday and it's really such a north Alabama thing and we all put it on everything! Like I would even dip plain chips in it! (and have many times haha!!) I wore my Barefoot dreams cardi yesterday to school! It's like wearing a blanket! Happy Friday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crockpot meals during the week after a long day are the best! I have taken the olly vitamins in the past and really liked them!! Happy weekend girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really need to just take the plunge and order one of those barefoot cardis, just not sure which one to get. You made me so hungry for beef and noodles, my husband doesn't like noodles, so Ill make a pot just for me, lol!! Have a sweet and cozy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have the blardigan too and I've been wearing it daily around the house! My husband is always so jealous of how soft it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for treats! Always a great thing :)

    Love a good catch up with loved ones! I need a few of those right now I think!

    Happy Weekend hun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Southern gifts always make for sweet surprises :) Crockpot meals are the BEST, especially when you just don't feel like cooking after work. Hope that you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never been a robe person, but you're making me want to get one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm if Beef didn't upset my stomach sometimes I would LOVE that meal!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Work has been so busy for me too. I'm looking forward to our slower period and finally planning a vacation. I need more crock pot meals in my life. I love walking into the house and smelling dinner already done. Have a great weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cardigan looks super cozy and I wonder why I've gone two months of winter without it! Have a great weekend :-)
    xo
    Amanda @ Cupcake N Dreams 

    ReplyDelete
  12. What sweet gifts!! I love my cardigan & robe. I have the cozy one and I would recommend it. It's really not that long on and I'm 5'5". I will say that I typically get warm wearing it while blow drying my hair but that happens no matte what I'm wearing. When you wear it around the house you definitely won't need a blanket, it's like wearing one :) LOVE anything I can cook in the crockpot!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Finding a multi vitamin is on my list of things to do this year... I will have to try these! And yay for your sweet gifts from Sarah... I love that she gave you pearl earrings... if that doesn't say southern then I don't know what does! I wear mine every single day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. How sweet that you and Sarah swapped goodies! That BBQ stuff looks yummy! I have always totally lusted over that cardigan..I want one of the robes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I LOVE gummy vitamins! I need to buy some, I haven't had any in years! Barefoot Dreams is the best. An actual robe from them would be heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a thoughtful package sent with love from the south! The cardigan looks super comfy but a little pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How sweet is that southern care package?! That white sauce looks delish! Phone convos with family are priceless! Have a great weekend gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. I make a similar beef and noodle dinner and it's one of my hubbys faves. I wear my barefoot dreams cardi (one of them I have 3...yikes) over my pj's too. I always get irritated with the belts on robes and they always seem to fall off so I gave up.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Barefoot dreams is so cozy! Hope you are having a great weekend!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'I've heard so many people rave about the Barefoot cardigan and the short robe looks so cozy!

    ReplyDelete