Friday, January 6, 2017

Friday Favorites: First of 2017!

We made it through the first week of 2017!  As I am writing this, I am coming off the high of my first Lilly Pulitzer After-Party Sale, so be prepared for more exclamation points than normal!

Let's start my favorites off with the After-Party Sale.  I was introduced to the Lilly brand a little under two years ago, thanks to blogging.  I got my first dress last year, which I wore on repeat starting with the warmer spring days through those unseasonably hot fall days we had this year.  Needless to say, I was hooked, but not necessarily on the price point.  I read about the sale last year (again, via blogs), and decided I would participate this year.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it did not disappoint!  It took me forever to get in, we are talking like 4 hours, but I picked out some super cute dresses, at super great discounts!  I definitely think I will become a regular after-party sale shopper!

I shared about the girls day I had with my grandma, mom and aunt before Christmas, but forgot to include the items I picked up from our excursion.  I thought my purchases would be a great favorite, because I still am really excited about them!  I picked up a pair of ice skates to hang on my sled for Christmas and winter decor, found a sweet little nativity scene, and a foldable ruler, for which will hopefully be turned into a DIY decoration this Christmas.  Thinking back at that day, it makes me feel very grateful to have the opportunity to spend time like that with some of the ladies in my family.  The only way it could get better is if my sister in law and cousin could join, too!



Being back at work hasn't been as big of a struggle as I thought it would be.  I am going to attribute that to my new little mantra.  Every time I think "I don't want to go to work", or any type of negative thoughts about work, I have instead been saying "I like work."  Silly, yes, but seemingly effective...at least for now.

We had snow this week!  It was just a small amount, and while it didn't affect the roads too bad, I still decided to go in a little early.  It was still a bit dark outside, but made the snow just so pretty.  Big flakes, that almost looked like glitter.  The building where I work is floor to ceiling windows, so it was like we were in a snow globe all day.  As I said, the accumulation wasn't much, but it was still super pretty!



I have big plans for some purging, cleaning and reorganizing this weekend.  I am probably overly optimistic about what will actually get done, but as long as I get a good start on things, I will be happy.  I hope to work in my closet.  I did a good closet clean out last year, but it seems like things have multiplied so quickly and it is time to do another go around!  Christmas decorations are going down, and while I love all the coziness they bring, I don't mind the clean slate.  I have a few other odds and ends I would like to work on, but those are the two big ones.  Wish me luck!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.

19 comments:

  1. We're definitely getting snow this weekend so that should be fun! I love your closet purge / organizing weekend that you have planned - that will be fun! Happy friday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good purge is such a great feeling...I hope this weekend is productive and cozy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got on to the sale pretty quickly yesterday but every single time I tried to look at a photo or check-out the site would crash! waaaaah! I love the items you picked out and hooray for some organization. I really need to get a hold on my kids closets this weekend. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds at the antique store! I love your new mantra - I am trying to refrain from saying negative things as well, in general. Sometimes they just come out automatically and I need to change that. Yay for snow! I'm so bummed all ours melted the day after Christmas and we don't have any in the forecast. This entire winter break with no snow, it bums me out because I love it! Have a great weekend girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally need to start using your mantra for work. Ugh. I've been having a rough week being back this week. I just don't want to be there anymore! Have a great weekend, Emily! I can't wait to hear about your purging this weekend... good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to see what you got from the Lilly sale! You definitely hung in there and I am impressed haha! And I love your snow picture :) I'll have to send you updates on our snow today ha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are getting snow today and I'm so freaking excited!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that dress is so cute! I try to do the same with changing those negative thoughts around. I always turn it into "I'm grateful to have a job that I enjoy." :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! Love that you picked up a few goodies from the sale! It took forever to get in for me as well but happy to say I got a few things at great prices! Love those ice skates you picked up for your decor - I love the sled idea with the skates outside! I've been trying to find a cute sled for that! Good luck with purging your closet - I totally need to do that! Have a great weekend!

    Happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the items you picked up!! Days like that are so special to look back on :) We finally got some snow too & it's so pretty! We both have reorganizing on the plan for this weekend. Hopefully we'll both get a bunch done!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to get on a good purge as well, good luck this weekend! And congrats on your first Lilly sale, so exciting! Happy Friday gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still love that sled you had for your Christmas decor, so those skates are going to look perfect! Glad you had such success with the Lilly sale. Enjoy your weekend :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I think we are all in purge mode! I plan to do some while I am stuck inside during whatever the weather is bringing us here in NC this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to see what you got during the Lilly sale! I completely forgot about it! Love those skates too. My parents have what appears to be the exact same white pair that we hang our during winter. Such a cute touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your work mantra would help me so much. I really does bring me down so much to be so negative in the morning. How exciting that you got some snow! We're in for a "winter storm" tonight, so I'm excited for what that'll look like!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cleaning. I have been getting rid of TONS of stuff. I went through my closet and donated five six large bags and it still looks full. I have been going through all of our cupboards and it has felt so good. I love starting the New Year like this! I love the skates and the folding ruler. So cute! Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am right there with you on the negative thoughts about work. I like the idea of just saying it and ultimately changing my outlook. I will try that this coming week because this past 4 day week felt like a seven day work week!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like a good week!! I'm also hoping to have a productive weekend organizing indoors because it's freezing outside.

    ReplyDelete