Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday Favorites: 1.20.17

TGIF!  I know I am not the only one saying that.  Sometimes the short weeks seem the longest.


1.  Tyson Grilled & Ready Fully Cooked Frozen Grilled Chicken Breast Strips.  That's a mouthful, but if you aren't familiar, it's just chicken that has already been cooked, sliced and then frozen.  I knew I was going to be spending a lot of time prepping dinners for the week, and grilling chicken for salads just did not seem like something I wanted to do.  I remembered way back when, my mom recommended using these, so when I headed to the store, I grabbed some and they have been making my lunches so easy this whole week.  I just portion them frozen into a little container, they kind of defrost while in the fridge at work, and then pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute.  They are flavorful, but not really flavored if that makes sense, so it can go with anything.  Like I said, they have made my lunches so easy this week.  A great go-to when you want something healthy, but don't necessarily want to put the time into it.

2.  Mini Quiches.  My breakfast for the past couple weeks has been two hard boiled eggs.  It fits well within the 21 Day Fix meal plan, and is easy.  Not to mention, I really enjoy them.  However, I was starting to get tired of them, and needed to switch things up.  I also had some spinach that was probably going to go bad soon in the fridge, so I thought back to the mini quiches I shared awhile ago.  I changed the recipe a bit to suit the meal plan and what I had on hand.  I just added the spinach to my muffin tin, then topped with 10 whisked eggs and pepper.  I pop two in the microwave for breakfast in the morning and enjoy.  It's something that is different from hard boiled eggs, and helps get in my greens, too.  Gotta love when old recipes pull through like that!

3.  New bath towels.  A few weeks or so ago, I commented that I thought I needed new towels - they just weren't as soft as they used to be.  A week later, I had a package on my doorstep!  I have been using my new towels this week and holy cow are they soft and fluffy and so nice.  Aren't those unexpected and so very thoughtful gifts the best?  Paying attention to those little, mundane things, definitely is a way to my heart.

4. Phone calls with my brother.  Talking on the phone is not my thing.  I would prefer to text, unless it is something I need to know right this minute.  However, I do have a handful of people that I really enjoy talking to on the phone - my brother being one of them.  He called earlier this week when he was on his way home and it was nice to just catch up on his life.  I feel like when we get together, we don't always get the time to just talk - it's more visiting with family, talking about high level stuff, that type of thing.  So having the chance to hear more about what's actually going on was really nice.  

5.  Essie "Berry Naughty".  This is an oldie, but goodie.  A super pretty deep red / rust, it adds a great pop of color to my toes.    

Hope you all have a great Friday!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie. 

15 comments:

  1. New towels are the best!!! What a nice surprise! And we have those frozen chicken strips at my house and they are the best for putting on salads or making wraps with. My husband loves them the most. We survived this crazy week!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pre-made chicken strips during the week, they make cooking so much easier! Have a great weekend girl! xo, BIana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo we need new bath towels BAD! I'm going to check those out, thanks!! I'm also not a phone talker but some people, I could talk for hours with :) Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your towel comment. It's the little things in life that make everything so much more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your towels comment. It's the little things in life. Happy Friday!

    Abby

    ReplyDelete
  6. Isn't it fun when you mention something on your blog & someone takes note/surprises you with it? Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. New towels are a nice surprise! My brother and I are super close so I know what you mean. We try to carve out time multiple days a week to talk and stay that way! Brothers are the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Something is so great about brand new, fresh towels! :-) I love the sweet relationship you seem to have with your brother, glad you were able to chat with him this week. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! A great bath towel makes such a difference! We got some for Christmas and they are so soft and fluffy that sometimes I have a hard time bringing myself to get dressed lol. Have a great weekend. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will definitely be getting some of that chicken. I eat a salad every day and everyone at work makes fun of me because there's not enough protein on it. And they're right! Haha.

    Also, I had bath towels on my CHristmas list, but I didn't get any so I am still on the hunt for some. The ones that we have currently were cheap, and now that we're grown-ups I want something nicer. I haven't seen those luxury ones at Target, but I will definitely be checking them out! I'm glad to hear you like them!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What is it about new bath towels?❤️❤️❤️ AND I love talking to my brother too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Essie polish is my FAVE!! It's all I'll use!! We are in desperate need of new bath towels, but I keep finding other things to spend money on first, gah! I need to just pull the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love hard boiled eggs (so does Stella, ha! So I make them a lot for both) but the idea of mini quiches sounds good to me!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yea for new towels and thoughtful people! And I'm the same..don't care to talk on the phone most of the time but I love catching up with my brother!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love quiches and need to make some as well. I love a good hard boiled egg, but they do get boring after awhile.

    ReplyDelete