TGIF! I know I am not the only one saying that. Sometimes the short weeks seem the longest.
1. Tyson Grilled & Ready Fully Cooked Frozen Grilled Chicken Breast Strips. That's a mouthful, but if you aren't familiar, it's just chicken that has already been cooked, sliced and then frozen. I knew I was going to be spending a lot of time prepping dinners for the week, and grilling chicken for salads just did not seem like something I wanted to do. I remembered way back when, my mom recommended using these, so when I headed to the store, I grabbed some and they have been making my lunches so easy this whole week. I just portion them frozen into a little container, they kind of defrost while in the fridge at work, and then pop them in the microwave for 45 seconds to a minute. They are flavorful, but not really flavored if that makes sense, so it can go with anything. Like I said, they have made my lunches so easy this week. A great go-to when you want something healthy, but don't necessarily want to put the time into it.
2. Mini Quiches. My breakfast for the past couple weeks has been two hard boiled eggs. It fits well within the 21 Day Fix meal plan, and is easy. Not to mention, I really enjoy them. However, I was starting to get tired of them, and needed to switch things up. I also had some spinach that was probably going to go bad soon in the fridge, so I thought back to the mini quiches I shared awhile ago. I changed the recipe a bit to suit the meal plan and what I had on hand. I just added the spinach to my muffin tin, then topped with 10 whisked eggs and pepper. I pop two in the microwave for breakfast in the morning and enjoy. It's something that is different from hard boiled eggs, and helps get in my greens, too. Gotta love when old recipes pull through like that!
3. New bath towels. A few weeks or so ago, I commented that I thought I needed new towels - they just weren't as soft as they used to be. A week later, I had a package on my doorstep! I have been using my new towels this week and holy cow are they soft and fluffy and so nice. Aren't those unexpected and so very thoughtful gifts the best? Paying attention to those little, mundane things, definitely is a way to my heart.
4. Phone calls with my brother. Talking on the phone is not my thing. I would prefer to text, unless it is something I need to know right this minute. However, I do have a handful of people that I really enjoy talking to on the phone - my brother being one of them. He called earlier this week when he was on his way home and it was nice to just catch up on his life. I feel like when we get together, we don't always get the time to just talk - it's more visiting with family, talking about high level stuff, that type of thing. So having the chance to hear more about what's actually going on was really nice.
5. Essie "Berry Naughty". This is an oldie, but goodie. A super pretty deep red / rust, it adds a great pop of color to my toes.
Hope you all have a great Friday!
Linking up with Andrea, April, and Katie.