Friday, January 13, 2017

Friday Favorites 11.13.17: Lunch at the Federal Reserve

Yay for Friday!  Did anyone else think this week seemed extra long?  In all actuality it was, because for a lot of us, it was the first full week back at work since the holidays!  Things are gearing up for me at work, so I am happy to have the long weekend to look forward to.

This Wednesday, I went to a lunch event at the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.  It was so neat!  I absolutely love old buildings, and this one is gorgeous.  The lobby was amazing - marble everywhere, and the most gorgeous ceilings and chandeliers.  The lunch was basically a networking event, with a presentation from one of the Fed's economists.  It was nice meeting other people in my profession, as well as a few others outside of what I do.  The presentation was very interesting - an economists look at the global and U.S. economy, with a bit of local color sprinkled within.  It didn't hurt that the food was delicious, too.  Definitely the highlight of my week!




My Lilly items came in the mail this week and everything fits!  I was a bit nervous, just because there is a no return policy with the sale, but they are perfect.  Now we just need spring to come so I can start wearing them!

I made Andrea's Pulled Pork yesterday, and it really never disappoints.  If you are a pulled pork fan, you need to make this recipe.  It's ridiculously easy, and is the perfect thing to come home to after a long day at work.  One of my favorite ways to serve it is over rice with some shredded monterey jack cheese on top...yum!  

With it being the first of the year, so many people are posting about their goals and resolutions.  I have come to realize that these are some of my favorite types of posts.  I find it really interesting to see what everyone is working on for the year.  It helps motivate me to stick with my resolutions, as well as provides some food for thought on new things I can work on.

An ice storm is heading our way this morning / afternoon and will be sticking around through Saturday.  I decided to prepare myself for the possibility of being stuck inside for 2 days and headed to the grocery store earlier this week to stock up on my groceries, and made trip to the library to get some good reading material.  I am ready to go if it really does hit us like they are saying, not to mention, my weekend meal planning and grocery shopping is already done and out of the way.  More time to read and relax.  

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.

18 comments:

  1. Such a fun outing and you look just adorable in that dress! You definitely have a jump on the weekend...hope it's not quite as icy as expected..or maybe sometimes it's a good thing to be forced to be still and relax! Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday! I'm with you, this week felt SO long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you weather the ice storm well! Sounds like you've stocked up on plenty of things so you can enjoy it :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fancy lunch! And YAY for your Lilly finds!! Is your pulled pork recipe the Dr. Pepper one? Try switching out the soda for a can of pineapple - still sugar, but I feel better about using a natural sugar over soda. Just as tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have gotten a tour of the Federal Reserve here in Nashville before and it was incredible! I loved seeing the behind the scenes of everything, and security was TIGHT! Woo hoo for having your weekend meal planning and grocery shopping already out of the way. Stay safe and warm during the ice storm!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fun lunch! Nice to have those networking events and bonus when they have good food.

    I hope the weather isn't too bad for you this weekend but if it is I hope you get the organizing done you wanted to do :)

    Happy Friday!
    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cool that you got to have lunch at the Federal Reserve. Super jealous. And thanks for the pulled pork recipe. I LOVE pulled pork!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I work downtown St Paul, and they are refurbishing several historic buildings for housing, but they are leaving the lobbies and walkways intact. I love walking through over my lunch and seeing all the brass and marble. So elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray for ice storms....! Kind of annoying. Oh well! Stay warm, and I'm praying it's not nearly as "severe" as they say it's going to be for you and me!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Friday! Your lunch sounds really really neat. Oh yumm pulled pork is one of my favorites. I'll have to check that recipe out. Enjoy your weekend! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ugh I hope you guys don't get hit too badly, but sounds like you are prepped and ready for it! That lunch sounds so cool, that building really does look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would have loved to have been there at The Federal Reserve building. That looks amazing. So glad you got to take part in that awesome opportunity. Hope you are ice free this weekend but still get rest and relaxation! I thought this week was forever long too. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm jealous of your tour! That sounds so amazing. This week seemed forever long!! The ice storm is just north of us so I'm hoping it doesn't drop down here. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am a dork and totally love work lunches like that. By the way that gray dress is so gorgeous on you! I hope you don't get hit too hard with ice this weekend, and stay cozy inside!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You always get to do the coolest lunches/dinners! I still haven't forgotten about that dinner at the baseball field! I used to be a bank teller, so I would have loved this! Happy weekend, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that you still go to the library before a storm to get some good books! Not many of us do that anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  17. UGH- I hate ice storms! Good luck!!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have never been to the Federal Reserve! I need to check out out! Hope you are enjoying a relaxing weekend!
    xo,
    Jacqueline
    Stylin In St. Louis

    ReplyDelete