Thursday, January 26, 2017

Easy and Quick Italian Pork Chops

This is a great go-to recipe when I need a quick and delicious dinner.  If you are a fan of pork chops, peppers and rice, you will enjoy this dinner.   


Italian Pork Chops
4 pork chops
1 teaspoon dried oregano
2 peppers, cut in strips
1/2 onion, chopped
1/2 cup Italian dressing
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
2 cups rice, uncooked

Cook rice as directed.  The recipe calls for instant rice, but I like to make Basmati rice.  While the rice is cooking, heat a skillet over high heat.  Add chops, cooking for 2 minutes or until bottoms are browned.  Reduce heat to medium, turning chops.  Sprinkle pork chops with oregano, top with peppers, onions and dressing.  Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 12 minutes.  Spoon rice on plates, topping with chops.  Cook vegetable mixture on high heat, 1-2 minutes.  Spoon over chops, then top with cheese.  Enjoy!

Note - depending on the thickness of your pork chops, you may need to simmer a little longer than 12 minutes.  Also, the original recipe calls for a can of Italian-style diced tomatoes, which you would add the same time as the peppers / onions / dressing.  I prefer to leave out the tomatoes, but it does still taste good with them added in.

Linking up with Annie.
    

9 comments:

  1. These look really flavorful! I'm not a huge pork chop fan but Dustin is so I may have to try to cook these for him and try a bite myself! I bet you could even sub in quinoa too for your grain. Happy Thursday, friend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look so delicious!! I'll add those to next week's dinner plans :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. We LOVE porkchops and I've never had them like this, definitely need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never make pork chops on my own but ever since chicken hasn't been sitting well with me, I have been looking for good meaty alternatives! I'm going to try this!
    Xo, Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds really good!! I'm not a huge pork eater but I'm trying to incorporate protein other than chicken so I may have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! We love pork chops and I am always looking for new ways to make them. Thanks for sharing this recipe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look and sound delicious!!! Thanks for sharing and Happy Friday :).

    Sarah
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, these sound really good! I feel like I'm always in a chicken and beef rut. I should try pork chops. My mom makes them sometimes and they are so good, but I've never tried them.

    ReplyDelete