Thursday, January 19, 2017

Confessions: January 2017

Image result for confessions

I confess...I am tired.  As I am writing this (yesterday), I keep thinking to myself, how has it only been two days at work?  The past few days have been doozies at work and I am ready for the weekend.

I confess...I found another Starbucks drink to fall in love with - Cinnamon Dolce Latte.  I needed a pick me up yesterday and the coffee shop at work had been advertising this new drink.  The picture totally worked and I had to try one.  Verdict - delicious.  I am not a coffee connoisseur, so I may be way off, but I find it kind of similar to a pumpkin spice latte, just a bit lighter.

I confess...sometimes I feel so behind on the times, technology-wise.  Two instances this week.  A friend had to explain to me what Facebook live videos were - granted the name pretty much describes it and I am guessing they are like the same thing as Instagram Stories, but still I was like what??  The Young Professionals group I am was talking about using Venmo to collect money for a silent auction item we are putting together.  Obviously, I could pull from context that it's a money exchange app, but again I was like ummmm?

I confess...I check out way too many books from the library and almost always end up renewing them, sometimes multiple times.  I just can't help it though - I want to read them all!  Thank goodness for online renewals!

I confess...my skin is so dry.  I drink lots of water, put lotion on everyday and have the humidifier going the whole time I am home, but it still is so dry.  Any suggestions?

I confess...I am still thinking about the movie, Hidden Figures.  It really was so good.  Just goes to show you that women can do anything, even in the face of adversity.  I feel like there are just so many good movies out that I want to see lately - La La Land, Patriots Day, Live By Night, Fences, Jackie...the list goes on!  

I confess...Monday I meal prepped all dinners for the week, which included enchiladas and chili.  I had bought everything before the "ice storm" so I was all set, or so I thought.  As I started to assemble the enchiladas, I realized I purchased burrito size tortillas, not taco size!  I ended up cutting down every single one so that they would fit in the pan.  What was supposed to be a quick and easy assembly turned into quite the ordeal!  I just have to laugh at myself, because I thought I was so prepared, only to find out I was not at all!

*I had to come back and add this last one because it still makes me shake my head/laugh at myself.  

Hope you all have a great Thursday - thankfully Friday will be here before we know it!

Linking up with Annie.

12 comments:

  1. I was so tired after the gym yesterday! That's why I couldn't pull a blog post together haha! I had to make myself stay awake until 8 when Dustin got home. That's sad haha And I need to try that Starbucks drink!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know what Vimeo was either until recently.. I've only ever used PayPal! This week has been a slow one for sure! Enjoy reading all those books while you can (before kids!) I'd love to be able to read more than I actually do right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way with library books, we are always renewing them over and over again until they don't let us anymore LOL! And I really want to see La La Land too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the same thing with library books!! I renew a ton and sometimes forget and have to pay fines so now I limit myself to two at a time! My skin is the same way. I have a friend who is a dermatologist and she said part of my issue is using a space heater in my office 8+ hours a day but I can't help it! I freeze without it! I have noticed a huge difference in my skin since I started using Kiehl's lotion though! When I use it everyday it works so well so it was totally worth the splurge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Starbucks drink sounds delicious, I need to try it!! And I do that all the time with meal prepping...I'll think I have everything ready to go and it won't take me long but then I realize I got the wrong thing/size or forgot something...so annoying lol but I just have to laugh about it too! Glad I'm not the only one lol!! Happy Thursday :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sorry, WHAT?! How have I not heard about the Cinnamon Dolce Latte?? Cinnamon is one of my favorite scents/flavors in the whole world, so I will be making the time to go grab one of these soon.

    And I'm right there with ya on the dry skin. Mine is as dry as the desert year round. If you find anything that works, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea what Venmo was either until somebody explained it to me. It's kind of nice though because you can use your credit card to pay instead of your bank account like PayPal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I treat myself to Starbucks every Friday, looks like I found a new drink to try tomorrow, sounds delicious!

    Jen
    jpabstfitness.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am victim of the same thing with library books & my skin seems to remain dry, no matter what I do. I love coconut oil though and recently got the nivea in-shower body lotion. I recommend both. Big helps!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm with you on being behind on technology haha - I am always the last one to know! A Cinnamon Dolce Latte sounds delicious - might have to try that next time I'm there :) Happy Thursday!

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do the same thing with library books! I always seem to think I can read them in record time, but it never happens! Luckily, most books don't have other people waiting on them :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. My skin has been so dry this winter, too! I've tried everything and so you'll have to let me know if you come up with a miracle cure for dry skin. I also LOVED Hidden Figures. Such an inspiring movie!!!

    ReplyDelete