Thursday, January 12, 2017

Chicken Poliverde

Hey all!  I was honestly struggling for post ideas for today (when I planned in my head, I somehow forgot about the work week being 5 days and not 4...), and realized I hadn't shared one of my favorite recipes with you.  Like most of my favorite recipes, this is a tried and true one that my mom made growing up.  I am pretty sure she got it from her aunt, so when a family recipe is passed down like that, you know it's got to be a good one.  Even my little nephew, Jack, loves it, so it appeals to the masses.  So flavorful and delicious.  My mom actually made this when she came down to help me decorate for Christmas, and we paired it with a bowl of our copy-cat version of Portillo's Chopped Salad.  It also goes great with potatoes and a veggie.


Chicken Poliverde
1 bottle beer or 1 1/2 cups dry rose wine
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup oil
4 Tablespoons water
2 cloves sliced garlic
1/2 teaspoon oregano
2 Tablespoons brown sugar
8 chicken thighs

Arrange chicken thighs in a baking dish.  Combine all other ingredients, mixing together well.  Pour over chicken.  Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 1 hour.  Enjoy!

Hope you like this chicken as much as I do!

Linking up with Annie.

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE chicken!! this looks scrumptious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had this before but it sounds and looks delish! I will have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! I'm always on the hunt for a fun new chicken dish <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum this sounds delicious! I rarely use chicken thighs, but I should get them more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds so good and so easy and I've never heard of it! If it includes beer then it has to be good, though. ;o) I'm going to try this next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun, interesting recipe! I never think to do chicken thighs! Also, do you keep the skin on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep the skin on when baking, but then discard when eating.

      Delete
  7. This sounds really good, and I'm not even a huge fan of chicken! My husband loves it so I try to make it once a week for him, so I will have to try this recipe. I'm going to check out the salad recipe, too! Thanks for sharing!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have never heard of this recipe before, but it sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete