Monday, December 19, 2016

Weekend Recap: Showering Baby N!

I was hoping to share with you today all about my family Christmas, however, that did not happen.  My brother came down with the flu, so needless to say, they were not making the drive.  It sounds like a good thing, because unfortunately I think my sister in law was feeling the effects of a sick household on Sunday!  Thank goodness for FaceTime - we "showed" Jack grandma and grandpa's house all decorated for Christmas and got to see each other for a bit.  Let's hope they are all feeling 100% soon!

Between the sickness and the crazy weather, most of the weekend was spent at home, with the exception of Sunday.  We ventured up north for my cousin's baby shower.  It was really fun, because my mom and I rode up with two of my aunts and one of my cousins.  The roads were reported as a bit iffy, but luckily they were pretty much all clear and we made it there and back, no problem.

It's always a blast when we all get together, especially for such a wonderful reason as a new baby!  The shower was held at my cousin's house, which I loved being able to see.  It was so fun and cozy, I could have just hung out there all day.  I snapped some pictures of all the decorations and details - I just loved everything.  The food was delicious and the company even better.


I loved the bunny garland on the staircase, especially layered on top of the Christmas garland.  Such a sweet little bunny for baby!

My cousin has this massive chalkboard wall in her dining room - how awesome?  So perfect for the "It's a Boy" banner, along with the added "and he will be loved".  So simple, and so lovely.

The centerpiece was gorgeous, and the table was covered in kraft paper, which was perfect for the food labels to be written right on the table cloth.  


A better look at the chalkboard - so awesome!

I was obsessed with this log cake - it was like a big ho-ho, and looked almost too pretty to eat!

In addition to these mocktails, they had hot cider and coffee.  I just love the presentation.  The mocktails were so yummy, too.  Very refreshing!

Game prizes!

Favors - who doesn't love those chocolate covered pretzels?!

Cousins!

While the weekend didn't turn out quite as planned with celebrating Christmas early, the wonderful shower definitely helped to make up for it!

Linking up with Biana.
    

17 comments:

  1. Bummer about Christmas! :( It's so hard this time of year, seems like someone is always coming down with something. Glad you had an adorable, sweet baby shower to attend though. Looks straight out of a magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The party spread looks delicious and the cuteness decor! Too unfortunate about your brother getting sick! At least you were still able to celebrate and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry that your celebrations weren't exactly what you had hoped for! That shower looks too cute- I love the theme! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shower looked like it turned out amazing! Sorry you didn't get to celebrate Christmas early and hopefully your brother is feeling better! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Even though your weekend didn't turn out as planned, sounds like you had a good weekend anyways. I love that chalkboard! I wish I had one now haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those shower decorations are so adorable! Sorry your family didn't get together I know that's a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no, I'm sorry to hear that your brother was so sick. I hope he feels better soon! It seems like this time of year it's so hard to get everyone together because someone is ALWAYS sick. I remember one year we didn't get to do Christmas with B's family until the second weekend in January because people kept getting sick. It was so crazy!

    I love all of the decorations for the shower! The colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bunny theme! And having a giant chalkboard in your home is such a cool detail.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you had a great weekend even though everything didn't turn out as you had originally planned! Your cousin's baby shower looked amazing, and that log cake is so, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's such a bummer that you couldn't celebrate Christmas with your family, but I hope that your brother and his family are on the mend! The shower looks beautiful, and it's always fun to celebrate the future new arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry your family Christmas didn't happen :( I hope everyone is feeling better! Those baby shower decorations and food look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sorry the Christmas celebration didn't work out, but it sounds like you had a great time at the shower! It looks so cute; love the little bunnies!

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like your weekend ended up being lots of fun though! I love that they did kraft paper on the table and wrote beside each dish....so smart! I'm going to have to remember that for the next time I host something! The bunny theme was super cute!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seriously how sweet is this shower. I LOVE all the food. It look too beautiful to eat. And the decorations are beautiful as well. Looks like you had the best time.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks like such a good time! What a bummer about your brother and his family! How disappointing and inconvenient (the sickness I mean). Hopefully y'all can get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love to see all the decor and set-ups of baby showers. Love the theme of this one. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete