Monday, December 5, 2016

Weekend Recap + Christmas Wish List

Another Monday is here...wishing we could go back and start the weekend over!  While I didn't do much at all, there were a few highlights.

Catching up on DVR.  I stayed up late (for me) on Friday night watching Sister Wives.  While I could never be a polygamist myself, I find it very interesting and enjoying watch the show.

I headed to the library on Saturday to pick up some holiday books.  I got through a few already, and would definitely recommend Welcome to Serenity by Sherryl Woods.  


I started on my wrapping and while I still have a few items to go, the majority are wrapped and under the tree!  Listening to Christmas music and wrapping presents is one of my favorite things.  

I love any excuse to wear my Hunter boots, and a trip to Target on a dreary and rainy Sunday was the perfect reason to break them out.  It was a mad house there, though!  I was happy to get in and out as fast as possible.

It's the first day of Sarah and Victoria's "Most Wonderful Time of the Year" link up, and today is Christmas Wish List.  I keep a running list on my phone throughout the year, because it never fails that when the time comes to actually make a list, my mind just blanks.  Below are some of the items I have asked for.

Lounging / Pampering:
UGG Slippers.  I have lusted after these for a few years.  I love UGGs and the fact that these are a bit sturdier than the slippers I currently have. 
A new robe.  I would love any of these robes.  Currently, I have more of a towel that velcros around me, but would love a traditional robe.
Face masks.  Unfortunately, the Kiehl's face mask trio I mentioned in my stocking stuffers post is sold out, but they do have another trio with 2 smaller masks, and a full size container of the Deep Pore, which is my favorite.  I would love to try out the other two and this seems like the best deal to do so!
Clarisonic.  I have always wanted one of these, but never wanted to spend the money myself.  I know they usually have good deals on them during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, so if this doesn't appear under the tree, I may go ahead and purchase it next year - assuming it will be on sale again!

For the Kitchen:
Cookbooks - The Seasoned Life and Skinnytaste Fast and Slow.  Along with pretty much any Barefoot Contessa cookbook.  
Cupcake Scoop.  I have a smaller cookie scoop, but would love a larger one for muffins and cupcakes.    
Spiralizer.  I would love to try zoodles!  I thought about asking for a smaller, cheaper one, but I heard that getting a heavier duty one is worth the money.
Vegetable Chopper.  I don't have the best knife skills, so I think having this chopper would be super handy, as well as save me some time in the kitchen.
Honestly, my "for the kitchen" list could go on and on!  If you are shopping for someone that loves to be in the kitchen, too, check out my "Kitchen Favorites" post where I share some of my must haves.

A few other items include a new wallet, and a light gray winter coat.

Linking up with Biana, Sarah and Victoria.

26 comments:

  1. I really wanted to start wrapping this weekend but it got away from me - hoping to do some wrapping this week and oh my gosh girl that's a whole lotta books - way to go!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got my UGG slippers a few years ago and LOVE them!! I wasn't a slipper wearer, but they turned me into one! Also, I think you will love the Clarisonic!! Mine has lasted over 5 years!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a light grey winter coat and I use it all the time. Zoodles are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I put ugg slippers on my list too! They look sooooo cozy! I have the clarasonic and love it! Thanks for linking up, friend! XO

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so meant to start wrapping this weekend but by the time the kids were in bed I was too tired, but I need to get on it, I hate leaving it all til the end. Your list is looking good, and I like the idea of keeping a running note all year long because I also blank when it comes time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a spiralizer on my Christmas list this year, too. A cupcake scoop is a great idea, too - I use a tablespoon and they're never even haha!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found a spiralizer on Black Friday and cannot wait to use it. Barefoot Contessa is always a win at our house. Have a wonderful Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just requested Welcome to Serenity from my library! I read Elin Hilderbrand's new Christmas book and have been looking for another, thanks for the recommendation :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I forced myself to wrap the presents I picked up this weekend. I felt quite accomplished when I was finished. haha I have ugg slippers and LOVE them. They are so warm and they make a great gift. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try a spiralizer, too!

    I, too, am hooked on Sister Wives! I find their lifestyle so interesting, but it's definitely one that I could ever live! My hubby watched it with me last night and he was so confused! He said, "Pause it. Now explain. Who is this? Which wife is this?" Ha!

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a fun list! I hope you get one of everything on your wish list sweet girl! I took Thursday off this week to do nothing but wrapping, I was counting last night and I had like 42 presents to wrap, oh my goodness going to open a fresh bottle of Bailey's, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your night with the DVR sounds like perfection, hoping to do that this evening! And yessss to Ugg slippers. Seriously the most comfortable and warm slippers! Have a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great wish list items! Those uggs look super cozy! I love my Clarisonic and although it's a splurge, it's usually on sale and you don't need the latest model, if you get an older one then the likelihood of it being on sale or discounted is higher! Cheers to wrapping the majority of your gifts this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Friday night sounds perfect! And definitely going to have to check out those Kiehl's masks! That deep pore one sounds amazing! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so jealous of your book collection! I think I need to read some Christmas books too! And please come over and wrap my presents...I have no energy right now to do it ha! I want The Seasoned Life cookbook too! Love her show!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm into Sister Wives, too, even though (like you) I couldnt do it. But the whole thing is fascinating!
    Love your list--I even got some good ideas from yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cupcake scoop will change your life!! It makes muffin baking a breeze! I bought one a few months ago and I want to make muffins all the time now! Haha. Glad you had a great weekend, Emily! And man, you're making me want to read a Christmas book... I have Winter Street on my wish list... I might have to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. It was pretty miserable weather in Texas this weekend too, but I loved being able to wear my Hunters all weekend! I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a lot of wrapping done this coming weekend because right now we just have a bunch of piles of toys and clothes under our tree!

    ReplyDelete
  19. A cupcake scoop is such a good idea-- I have the smaller one too, but often need something bigger. We got a different brand, but same idea, of the chopper a couple of years ago and we use it all the time! That mask set looks like such a good deal!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A cucpake scoop is life-changing. Trust me! I got mine through Pampered Chef, and I haven't looked back since!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your gift ideas. I never even thought to get a cupcake scoop but now I want one. Especially since I can bake again. I am also in need of a new robe and I want to try the clairsonic too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I was super excited to get out of the house Saturday so I could wear my Hunter boots, too. My husband bought me mine for Mother's Day, so I haven't had the opportunity to wear them much. Bring on the cold, wet weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. YES about the Spiralizer! People bring zoodles to work all the time and I'm dying to try some too. Great idea to jot things down throughout the year, because I'm major stumbling on requesting things now! Sounds like a great weekend to me!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so going to pick up that book! Library bound today! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love Christmas books - especially Debbie Macomber!! Love your wish list - so many good things!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. This is such a great Christmas list!! I love everything on the list, even the vegetable chopper, ha!

    ReplyDelete