Thursday, December 29, 2016

Looking Back at My 2016 New Year's Resolutions

Image result for new years pictures

It's hard to believe that the year is almost at a close.  Being that it is almost over, I wanted to take a look back at my 2016 New Year's resolutions.

1. Improve my overall health.  I think I did reasonably well with this one.  I went to the gym regularly and attempted to eat better.  I really think I got into my groove this past month and a half, though, with the 21 Day Fix (review here).  I know this is something that is going to be a continuous struggle for me, as I love alllll the bad food, but I do think there has been an improvement.

2.  Stop putting things off.  While I didn't do this all the time, I do think that I have gotten to be better about procrastinating and putting things off.  I know how I best function, and that is when I don't let things pile up and add on unnecessary stress.  One big thing I have started doing this past year is cleaning on Fridays (most of the time).  This way when I wake up on Saturday morning, cleaning is one less chore looming over the day and it just makes the weekend seem a bit more pleasant.  There were and I know there will continue to be weeks I am not on top of my game, because sometimes you just have those off weeks and life gets in the way, but I really do think I can say that I have made some improvements on this front and will continue to do so going forward.   

3.  Focus on the positive.  I know there were months where I definitely did this, but then there were months that I didn't.  If I think back, though, I can pinpoint some of the things that made a difference.  It's definitely all about the little things - spending a half hour at the library, just looking up and down the aisles even though you already have an armload of books, making a new fall recipe because it's fall, even if it doesn't necessarily turn out, finally trying out Starbuck's to see what the fuss is all about, realizing it really does live up to the hype and treating yourself to a little something every week, sending out Christmas cards, just because you want others to get that same feeling you get when you receive a card - those are the types of things that can make that difference, at least for me.

2016, it's been real.  2017, let's do this!

Linking up with Annie.

9 comments:

  1. What a great list! Looks like you did a good job of accomplishing it this year. I just love the start of the new year.. new goals. Fresh start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your third goal-focus on the positive! If only we all, as a world could do that! What a much better place it would be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you love Starbucks now although that may hurt your bank account a little haha!!! I also love that you clean on Fridays now--since you told me that I've tried to clean a little during the week so I don't have so much on the weekend too!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list, especially because these were such good and realistic goals! I seriously continue to love your idea of cleaning on Fridays. I absolutely hate feeling like I need to spend my weekends cleaning-this is just such a good idea to lay out a great weekend ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose some great things and realistic goals to focus on getting better at this year and it sounds like you made some great progress. I like Starbucks but definitely don't need it daily or even weekly but it's a nice treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you totally got some of your goals completed or at least worked on! I'm such a procrastinator too, I need to change that! I totally will wake up Saturdays and do all the chores that need to be done and feel good not having to worry about it the rest of the weekend. Sometimes Fridays I just have no energy to clean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i think you did great, and i agree about the little things helping with the being positive. and the working out/eating well is something i will always struggle with as well, but it is much easier to continue or be positive about it when you've got that habit down, so congrats! cheers to 2017!

    ReplyDelete
  8. #3 is such a good one. I am so bad about focusing on the negative so that is something that I always try to work on. Since I'm a worrier by nature, it's REALLY hard sometimes. It sounds like you did a great job making improvements this last year! Cheers to doing even better in 2017!

    ReplyDelete