Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Favorites: Home for Christmas

Hey all!  I am coming at you today from home sweet home - my parents.  We are celebrating Christmas this weekend, and I am so excited.

Obviously, my first favorite is just above - home for Christmas!  I can't wait to see my brother and his family.  Jackson is at such a fun age right now, I can't wait to see him "Christmas" morning.

Back tracking to earlier in the week, I knocked a few items off my Christmas bucket list.  Sunday night was gingerbread house night.  While it pretty much fell apart right after the picture was taken, it still was really fun building the house.


Monday night was Christmas light night, complete with a peppermint hot chocolate and Amy Grant playing in the car.  We found the best neighborhood for lights!  So many of the houses were lit up - I feel like it's rare to see that anymore, so it was such a great surprise.  I think we actually stumbled upon a neighborhood event, because people were setting up coffee in one of the cul de sac.  We didn't stick around to see what was going on, but it seemed super fun.  Definitely going back there next year for lights!

My little department had our holiday lunch yesterday.  It was the first time we actually have gone out to eat together, just the three of us, and it was really fun!  We ate at Charlie Gitto's, a super delicious Italian restaurant.  I had the Chopped Salad, which was really good.  I definitely will be ordering that again, and maybe adding some salmon to the top.  Just fun to enjoy a good meal together!

I feel like most of my mail is normally bills and junk, however, this week, I got some Christmas cards in the mail!  Always the best kind of mail.  I am hoping to create a Christmas card "book" this year and going forward.  I think it would be so fun to look back in a few years at past cards and see how everyone has changed!

Hope you all have the best weekend!  Merry (early) Christmas from my family to yours!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.



16 comments:

  1. Your gingerbread house is really cute....even if it wasn't structurally sound lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. We keep the cards we get and I like looking back on them - especially with my nieces and nephew to see how much they've grown!! xo, Biana BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday! I'm pretty sure whenever I finally attempt a gingerbread house mine will fall apart. Your Christmas light looking sounds perfect. Have the best weekend celebrating Christmas with your family! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your gingerbread house! Have a great time at home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you have a gingerbread house night! We used to be great about building one every year, but have dropped the ball the last 2 years. There's still time right? Happy Friday and have an amazing Christmas this weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is my favorite time of year for mail!! I love seeing how everyone's kids have grown and the beautiful family photos :) We have our office lunch today, and I'm so excited!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always mean to make a christmas card book but still haven't! Have a great time being home! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love all the Christmas fun! We're going to look at lights tonight. When we were in St. Louis we ate there and it was pretty yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice gingerbread house even if it didn't last too long! I love lights drives one of my favorite things. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Emily, I know you are just so excited to be home with your family this weekend! I hope you enjoy! I know you will and I can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Getting to spend Christmas morning with your nephew is going to be so much fun! Christmas is just so magical with kids! We still need to go look at lights one day soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Christmas card idea :) And all the holiday festivities you've been doing! I'd love to live in that neighborhood with the little event! Only like 3 homes in our neighborhood put lights up.. so sad!!

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Enjoy your time with your family!! I know how happy your mom is to have you home.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love getting Christmas cards in the mail. It is so fun to check the mail and realize there are cards from people you love :) Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay! I love going home for Christmas!! We celebrate Christmas early with our little family and then head home for the holidays. I can't imagine it any other way. Hope you enjoy some good food and good family time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sounds like an amazing weekend and there is no better place than home! I just read about the Christmas Card "book" on another blog. I am so excited about doing that this year. That is the best idea. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete