Friday, December 23, 2016

Friday Favorites: The Friday Before Christmas

It's almost Christmas!!!  So hard to believe it is almost here.  This whole year has just flown by, and the same can definitely be said about the Christmas season.


I shared my mom's Christmas decor on Wednesday.  I have to say thank you for the sweet comments - it really made her day (and mine)!  I know I am repeating myself, but there really is no place like home for the holidays.

I have been watching all the Christmas movies lately...The Holiday, Muppet's Christmas Carol, The Preacher's Wife, The Grinch...the list goes on and on.  

Along with Christmas movies, I have continued my Christmas reading.  I got through Elin Hilderbrand's Winter series.  I will be honest, I stayed up super late for me to finish the books - I just had to know what happened!  The first was definitely my favorite, followed by the third and then the second.  I really appreciated the final book in the trilogy.  I felt like all the loose ends were tied up nicely, which is exactly what you want in the last book.


One of the items on my Christmas "to do" list this year was to make some type of Christmas cookie.  I picked up the Southern Living Magazine last weekend when our Christmas got cancelled, and wouldn't you know, it had an article with 30 different cookies!  It was meant to be.  Two were picked out to try, with the first one being white chocolate peppermint blondies.  You guys, these are amazing.  I would say they are relatively easy to make, and they really turn out delicious.  Not to mention, they make a ton.  If you are a peppermint fan, you just need to make these.

I finished up the 21 Day Fix this past Monday.  I will be doing a full post on my 21 days next week.  I always find it interesting to read about how things actually went when others try out a new work out plan, so I am excited to share about my experience.

Hope you all have a great weekend, and a very merry Christmas!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.


13 comments:

  1. We watched the Holiday last night and now feel officially ready for Christmas LOL!! Hope you have a wonderful one! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hoping to finish all 3 books over the holidays....but I'm only part way through book 1 so I may be overly optimistic! Merry Christmas Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have also been watching all of the Christmas movies! Love it!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. White chocolate peppermint brownies!? I'm in!! I agree with the Winter series, the first was the best, I'm so close to being done with the 3rd, hopefully I'll finish tonight! Merry Christmas Emily!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm watching The Holiday right now! It's such a great movie :) I may try to read Elin's Winder series after Christmas break--did they have a love story in them? That's a must for me these days haha!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those peppermint blondies look delicious! Wishing you and your whole family a wonderful and sweet sweet Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mom's decorations are beautiful! I've got to try those peppermint blondies! Yum!! I totally forgot about The Preacher's Wife! I use to love that movie!!
    I can't wait to hear all about the 21 day fix! I'm wanting to do something in January to kick start healthy eating!
    Merry Christmas; I hope you have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohh, I'll have to check out the Winter series. I just finished The Memory of Us and am on the hunt for a new book! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your mom's decor and yes to all the holiday movies, totally going to miss all the Hallmark movies after this weekend! Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Merry merry Christmas, Emily! I hope you enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a great Christmas! The Holiday is my favorite! I hope I can watch it today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas, Emily! Have a great weekend and I look forward to hearing about the 21 day fix!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those peppermint blondies look delicious! I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete