Friday, December 9, 2016

Friday Favorites 12.9.16

Happy Friday!  I sure am glad it is the weekend.  I think I was ready for it starting last Sunday!



Up first, Christmas Home Tours!  This was the week of home tour link ups - I loved sharing my apartment decor and checking out so many others' homes.  There is nothing better than homes at Christmas!  I also plan on sharing my mom's decor - check back for that the week before Christmas.  My parents' house is always my favorite, but especially so at Christmas time, so I can't wait to share that with you all.

I picked up this kelly green sweater on Black Friday.  It's the perfect holiday sweater.  Light but warm at the same time.

This week was a busy one!  Wednesday night I had my Provident Christmas party.  We did a potluck, complete with a right/left gift card game, and a white elephant exchange.  I made out well with a Starbucks gift card and some handy kitchen utensils.  Not to mention a super cute Christmas bag that I will most likely reuse, if not this year, then definitely next.  One of the girls brought her little one, who was super precious, and really it was nice to just hang out with each other.

The very next day I had my work Christmas party.  It was bittersweet, because both our CEO and CFO are retiring at the end of the year.  They have grown the company to amazing heights and it's so sad to see them go.  On the other hand, they both have definitely earned their retirement far and beyond, so at the same time I can't help but be so very happy for them.  Our new management team has been in place for awhile now, and I am excited for what is to come.  Overall, it was a very good time, complete with delicious food and great company.

I have a pretty low-key weekend planned, which I am really excited about.  Possibly a movie Friday night, brunch on Saturday and ending the weekend with some Christmas festivities - either a gingerbread house, or checking out Christmas lights.

Hope you all have a great weekend!

Linking up with AndreaApril, and Katie.

18 comments:

  1. I love that sweater! I don't think I have anything green, so I definitely should add something green to my closet haha! And sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned :) Happy Friday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was definitely the week of holiday parties LOL!! I'm loving your wrapping job girl - and slightly jealous that you're already done!! Happy Weekend! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like both parties were so fun! I do miss a good work holiday party! That sweater is so perfect for the holidays! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've definitely had a jam packed week!! Hope you enjoy resting this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Moms always have the best decorations! We actually did a real Christmas house tour this past Sunday! Lots of people through to see what decorations we had! If I had of been more of the ball this week I would have had pictures up already but they are coming :)

    Happy Weekend!
    Brittany
    http://brittscozycorner.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  6. There really is nothing better than decorated homes at Christmas! Hope you have a great low key weekend. Brunch sounds like a great idea!
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving that sweater you picked up! Everything I have is more of a forest green but I love that color! And yay for a low key weekend! Definitely needed every now and then. <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh girl, it's just been that kind of week! I've been ready for the weekend since monday haha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. After a busy week, it's good you have a relaxing weekend planned!! Still loving your Christmas décor :)
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your good with your gifts... I'm so behind this year! I also love your wrapping paper! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sweater is so pretty, and love your tree! Glad you had a great time at your Christmas party, even if it was bittersweet. Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  12. That sweater is so pretty! I LOVE kelly green. It's one of my favorite colors to wear and I really don't have that much of it. I hope you have a great weekend, Emily! Thanks again for linking up with us... I really enjoyed seeing your home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Christmas decorating is one of the best things about the holidays!!! Hope you have an amazing weekend girl <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful Christmas tree and sweater. Love all the Christmas parties and festivities going on. It is sad that your CFO and CEO are retiring, but at least new management was in there for some time. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a great week! We've got lots of folk ms retiring this year too. It's hard to say goodbye but yet I'm so happy for them. Lord willing that will be me someday. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your tree and that sweater in Kelly green probably looks great on you! Hope you have a fun weekend :)

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Still love your wrapped presents under the tree!! I have a sweater very similar to that green one from Banana. So cute, cozy and festive!

    ReplyDelete