With the holidays here, there are so many fun link ups, I almost feel like it's hard to fit in all the posts I want to do! A few Saturday or Sunday posts may be floating around this month, to ensure I cover all I would like! For example, this year, I created a fall bucket list, and realized I never got around to taking a look back to see how I did! Let's take a look, shall we?
1. Make applesauce. Check! You can see my grandma's recipe here. It was interesting to make it for the first time - I honestly didn't know if I was doing it right until the end, when it actually started looking like my grandma's. So delicious though!
2. Make two pumpkin dishes - one savory and one sweet. I went a little wild with pumpkin dishes. I tried Pumpkin and Sausage Ravioli Bake - so good, definitely recommend making this next fall, Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies - amazing, I will be making these again next year for sure, Maple Bacon Pumpkin Pancakes - not my fav, but I didn't include the bacon so maybe that would change my thoughts on them, and then 3-Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies - these were a fail, I didn't like the texture of the "cake" cookies.
3. Try a pumpkin spice latte. I had already tried one by the time I made this list - again, so good. I can't wait until next year to have one again!!!
4. Visit a winery. Nope!
5. Go to the pumpkin patch! Again - no. Definitely next year!
6. Carve a pumpkin. This was not the year for this one - again. Maybe next year...
7. Walk under the trees, crunching the leaves. Oh yes. I enjoyed quite a few fall walks! Nothing better than walking on a crisp fall morning, with the leaves under foot!
8. Take a drive to see the changing leaves. This was done, but honestly the colors were not great. I guess it was too warm and they hadn't changed by the time we went? I did see some amazing colors in my neighborhood, though, but it was very late in the season. Maybe for some pretty walks and drives to work, though!
9. Stock up on fall candles. I decided fall B&BW candles are not for me. I smelled a bunch that people recommended and they just didn't do it. However, I discovered the Pumpkin Spice one at William-Sonoma and plan on getting lots of those next year!
10. Decorate for fall! You can check out my fall home tour here. I loved how things turned out - looks like others did, too, because this is far and beyond my most viewed post to date!
While I didn't check off everyone on the list, I still really enjoyed this past fall. It'll be fun to look back on this next year, and hopefully get to the things I missed this year!