Thursday, December 1, 2016

December 2016 Goals

In all honestly, half of my goals for November were totally at the back of my mind - I didn't even think about doing them the more we got into the month.  Let's see what I did get accomplished though...

November Goals:

1.  Finish Christmas shopping.  I count this as a success, even though I still have to get a white elephant gift and gift card for next week.  The main shopping is done, though!  Now, time to wrap!

2.  Switch to paperless billing.  Nope.  This is one of the goals that didn't even cross my mind!

3.  Find a new work out DVD.  Done!  I borrowed the 21 Day Fix DVDs from my co-workers wife, and then after doing a few of the days, I went ahead and ordered it myself.  Due to Thanksgiving, I took a little break and started fresh this Monday doing the full program - meal plan and work outs.  So far so good.  I like that the work outs are only 30 minutes - I feel like I have such a huge chunk of my evening back, and I don't dread doing it because I know the time will (mostly) fly by.  Thanks for everyone's recommendation!

4.  Start using my NutriBullet.  Technically I did think about this one some...but never actually acted upon it, whoops!


Image result for december

December Goals:

1.  Wrap presents!  This one should be easy to accomplish - I am planning on tackling my wrapping this weekend.  I got new wrapping paper this year and when I was home for Thanksgiving, my mom and I created new Christmas tags.  I am so excited to see them all wrapped and pretty under the tree!  

2.  Make a Christmas bucket list.  I already have a few ideas for this one!  I love Christmas and everything that comes with it, but sometimes it goes by so fast!  I am hopeful a bucket list will help me be a bit more intentional.  

3.  Keep a tidier purse!  I love having a large purse, but sometimes that makes it so easy to just throw things in there and left the paper, receipts and miscellaneous items pile up.  Sometimes I am really good about keeping it clean, others not so much.  Hopefully by having it as a goal this month, I will get into the habit of always having it clean!  

4.  New Year's Resolutions.  It's hard to believe it's that time again, but I want to make sure to give some thought to what I would like to focus on for next year.  While these monthly goals are great to help me accomplish things throughout the year, I still want a few underlying resolutions that I can work on throughout the year.


Linking up with Annie and Kristen.

20 comments:

  1. I have a nutribullet and am going to make myself a smoothie this morning, so if I remember, I'm going to send you a picture of what I use. It's super easy and very healthy! I think you'll like it too! I can't believe December is here already!!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how my purse gets to packed with stuff! So many random things in there...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh I need to keep a tidier purse as well - everyday I look in mine and think, jeez I'm a slob, LOL. I'm glad you're enjoying 21 day fix! Are you doing the containers too? I think I really should do that part, might help me lose these 5lbs I can't seem to get rid of

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love making monthly goals too, so one of my monthly goals for December is to take a look forward, like you, and figure out what next year looks like overall, and how I can make that happen. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So nice that you are done shopping and wrapping is always one of my favorites! I like to try to do it early so it's enjoyable and not rushed!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go you for getting all of the major Christmas shopping done! We still have to figure out presents for my in-laws and my mom, which are both tricky to buy for. So glad you're liking 21 day fix! I've heard really good things about it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You got your major Christmas shopping done I don't think matter if you go anything else done because that is awesome! I made my lists and have quite a bit done but still need some stuff, I planned out my shopping by each pay cheque, so I don't spend too much haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your December Goals, they seem attainable! I just bought new gift wrap and I'm so excited to start wrapping and putting them under the tree. I almost have all my gifts finished except for small ones like work and secret santa's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love 21 Day Fix! I've never had success working at home before, but I've been doing 3-4 of the workouts every week along with running for about 6 months. I just bought 21 Day Fix Extreme but haven't started yet, I'm a little nervous that it's going to be killer, but it'll be good to offset the Christmas cookies!
    I'm done with all my Christmas shopping and it feels so good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Keep a tidier purse... I need this too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've heard good things about the 21 Day Fix! So glad you are enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love all your December goals! I need to do a wrap-up of my November goals to see if I accomplished anything haha

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just started using my NutriBullet more and I'm hoping to keep up with it. It's just so hard to clean because it's so sharp!
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm done with all of our shopping too-I love Cyber Monday every year because it makes it so easy to get gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Way to go on finishing your main Christmas shopping...I haven't even started yet...I can't believe how much I'm slacking this year! Great December goals though - good luck in completing them :)

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your goals for this month! I'm a huge fan of 30 minute workouts too, they are so much easier to commit too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. i hate wrapping, i totally use bags if i can. i am the worst wrapper so it's good for the people receiving as well haha. and yeah my bag is always a complete and utter mess, but i don't mind, i just make it a point to do a big clean out like once a month, and i feel like that helps me stay more organised vs trying to be clean and organised all the time. if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love your goals.. can't believe it's time to already think of New Years resolutions!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great goals! I keep saying I'll switch to paperless billing, but it just seems like so much more work to keep track of everything. I just finished up our Christmas bucket list and it got me really excited for the month ahead. I have some shopping left to do and I need to get busy and start wrapping. I try to pick a word of the year to give me something to focus on or work towards for the coming year. I have been thinking about my 2017 word, but haven't decided on one yet.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh...I soooo need a tidier purse!! Think about joining our Spiel the Beans linkup on the 27th when we do a spin on NY resolutions and share something we resolve NOT to do in 2017!! Have a super weekend.

    Shelly||The Queen in Between

    ReplyDelete