Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Tag Q&A

Yesi, over at Love, Yesi, tagged me in this Christmas Q&A on instagram.  I love a good Q&A and Christmas, so "merrying" (my attempt at a bad pun) the two together was a must answer / post for me.


1. What is your favorite Christmas film?
Miracle on 34th Street - the original.  It's such a classic.  I just love, love it.  You can see my top five favorite Christmas movies here.

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?
Yes!  Although the Midwest does not always cooperate, I have been lucky enough to experience a few white Christmases.  Unfortunately with the rain in the forecast for this year, I think it's going to be more of a muddy and wet Christmas than a white one.  

3. Where do you usually spend the holiday?
Christmas Day usually starts at my parents for presents and breakfast, then moves to my grandma's for more presents and dinner.  With the family expanding and people not all in one place, it is starting to vary a bit every year.   

4. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
This is a hard one - I love so many Christmas songs.  My two favorites may be White Christmas and Silent Night.  I do love The Christmas Song, too.  

5. Do you open any presents on Christmas Eve?
My brother, sister in law and I usually exchange our presents on Christmas Eve.  It's something we have done since we were little!

6. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? 
Yes, although I had to say them out loud as I was writing this to make sure!

7. What holiday traditions are you looking forward to most this year?
All of them?  I seriously love traditions, especially around Christmas.  You can check out my Christmas traditions here.

8. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?
Fake.  While my mom has told me we had a few real trees in my lifetime, I don't remember them at all, so I have no sentimental ties to having a real tree.  Since I only remember growing up with a fake tree, that is kind of what I think of when I think of a Christmas tree.  To me, fake is the best.  You can put it up whenever, you don't have to worry about watering it, or think about it being a fire hazard.  It's just not my thing.  I picked up a really great fake tree after Christmas some years ago and have been loving it since.

9. What is your all time favorite holiday food / sweet treat? 
Do I have to pick one?  Because they are all pretty fabulous.  Monkey bread is at the top of the list, as is broccoli, cheese and rice casserole, my grandma's dumplings, my aunt's cookies, my other aunt's fudge...the list goes on.

10. Be honest, do you like giving gifts or receiving gifts better? 
Definitely giving, although it may be both.  I think I love giving gifts so much because I like getting them so much.  So the fact that I can give someone the same feeling that I feel when getting a gift just makes me really happy, if that makes sense?  I also love shopping and coming up with the perfect gift idea.  Granted it's not always "perfect", but the thought behind it is always there for me! 

11. What would be your dream place to visit for the holiday season?
I would love to go to New York City.  I went there for the first time earlier this year and I just fell in love.  I have heard it is even better at Christmas and I would love to experience that.

12. Are you a pro present wrapper, or do you fail miserably? 
I think I am a pretty darn good wrapper.  When I was still at home, I would help my mom with all the Christmas wrapping.  She always makes them pretty with added ribbon and such, but the actual wrapping part is definitely my forte.  Not to mention, I actually really enjoy doing it, as well.

Christmas is fast approaching, but we still have a few more days to enjoy the season.  I plan to do so with lots of Christmas movies and books, cookie baking and Christmas light looking.  I can't wait!

9 comments:

  1. Love this little questionnaire! Our Christmas Day plans have started varying since sometimes Dustin has to work and sometimes he doesn't. I'm jealous you're a pro wrapper....I do okay but it's not my favorite! I would feel perfectly fine paying someone to wrap them for me :)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dream is to go to NYC during Christmastime! I hope next year is the year! I wish I was a good wrapper, but I'm just not LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are inspiring me to watch Miracle on 34th St again because I haven't seen it in years and don't remember it that well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Miracle on 34th Street as well, although, I've never seen the original! The newer one came out when I was a little girl and we used to watch it every year growing up, so I still love it. I guess I need to see the original sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's seriously so hard to pick a favorite Christmas song! And we had some real trees when we were little too, but I don't have any strong feelings about real or fake either.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh you definitely need to visit NYC during Christmastime sometime. It is beautiful there. I haven't seen Miracle on 34th Street in years. I may have to watch it with my girls this weekend. The original one. I hope you get to have a real tree someday, but your fake one is still beautiful. Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NYC is definitely magical during the holidays! I'm so sad I haven't seen Miracle on 34th Street yet this year! That needs to change! Have a very Merry Christmas gurlie <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just watched Miracle on 34th Street for the first time ever last night! Fantastic movie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes! NYC is the best to visit during Christmas!

    ReplyDelete