Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Christmas (At My Parents') Home Tour 2016

I have mentioned quite a few times that I get my love of decorating from my mom.  There is nothing quite like home, and that is especially true at Christmas.  All her little touches around the house just make it seem even cozier than normal.    

Welcome!



The Living Room

It never ceases to amaze me how my mom gets all the ornaments on the tree.  Every year it seems that no more can fit, but yet she always adds to her collection and they always make it on the tree!  The tree is a mish mash of ornaments, collected over the years, filled with memories.

One thing I ask my mom every year is that she put my Baby's First Christmas ornament front and center, towards the top.  It is my very favorite ornament, and she usually sends me a picture after it is on the tree to show me that it indeed is front and center!

Mom gets super creative with her wrapping and tags every year.  these are just a few of the packages under the tree!



My parents have had this nativity scene for as long as I can remember.  I am on the hunt for my own nativity, but haven't found one quite as good as this one!  

The stockings were hung by the chimney with care...
   

The Dining Room





This is normally in the middle of the table, however, when I took this, we had already put the puzzle out on the other end.  Still looks so cute, though!

The Kitchen


While not the best picture, I love how my mom has little wreaths on the windows - just a cute little touch that makes doing dishes a bit better.  They are trimmed with the same juniper sprigs that are throughout all her garlands / decorations.

The Basement

The basement is my dad's domain, and it is only fitting that the tree down there is a "car" tree.  Every year we get him a new car / truck ornament from Hallmark to add to his collection.

My mom has a huge collection of snowmen, which are dispersed throughout the basement.


The wind up drum on the end table is one that we have had since I was little.  Such fun memories of winding it up during the Christmas season.  Also, the left snowman on the shelf, was made by my grandma (my dad's mom) which makes it extra special.


The toolbox has special meaning, as it was my grandpa's (again on my dad's side).  Decorating with meaningful items is one of my favorite things, and you can see I definitely get that from my mom.

My (Old) Room

Since my mom gave my brother and I the little trees that used to sit on our nightstand growing up, she added this tree to my (old) room, which you can see a little bit of in all it's pink glory.  It's so simple, yet provide such a gorgeous glow in the evening.

There you have it, a little peek into my parents' at Christmas.  As the song goes...there's no place like home for the holidays...


Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.




21 comments:

  1. That tree is gorgeous!! She does such a great job of adding something special everywhere! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautifully decorated home! I love that you want your first ornament front and center. That's totally a thing I'd want too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you love going there...so homey! Have a great holiday and thanks again for helping me in St. Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cozy and beautiful home! I love all the little touches, especially the wreaths on the window. I think next year I want to put little wreaths on my kitchen cabinets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your mom's decorations! So homey, just like my mom's! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Their home is so beautiful and cozy! Love! Merry Christmas sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nothing like "home" for the Holidays! Your mom does such a good job and I absolutely love beautiful gift tags!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can definitely see where you get your decorating from! I love your parents' home, and I love the gift tags she's created! Your mom and I would really get along well haha!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cozy! I love the sled out front and the little wreaths on the windows!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness. Your mother is adorable. I love the nativity scene on the old toolbox and I love the touch of the wrapped gifts in a tin bucket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful decor and looks so nice and cozy! I still have my first ornament too. My parents gave it to me the first Christmas I had my little guy so I could have it for my tree to add it near theirs. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your parents house looks so pretty all decorated! I love your matching stockings and your mom's nativity scene! It kind of looks similar to one of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a sweet place! I love all of the decorations... your mom should do that for a living! And I love how your old room is preserved and frozen in time. My little brother moved into mine the day I moved out. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can totally see where you get all of your amazing decorating skills-- everything looks like a Christmas dream! I especially love the sled on the porch and the skates hanging inside, and your dad's car tree is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. No wonder you love going home! What a warm and cozy place.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Their house is beautiful! I love homes decorated for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous decor, it all looks so cozy! My mom has a ton of ornaments as well, but love all the sweet memories and traditions behind them. Those gift tags - LOVE! So pretty <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your mom has a beautiful house. I love all the little touches throughout. And her wrapping game is on point!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your parents house is gorgeous from the outside light to the inside decor!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW! I seriously love everything about this post. I think it is incredibly sweet that you guys get your Dad a new truck ornament each year. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete