Thursday, December 15, 2016

A Helping Hand Gift

This year, I wanted to make sure to get a small gift for all the ladies who have helped me out in some way throughout the year.  Whether you call them admins, executive assistants, office managers / coordinators at your job, they are the ones that are always there, lending a helping hand.  My department has a specific coordinator who has helped me out more times than I can count this year.  I wanted to get something a little more than the other ladies, but still something similar, so that I wasn't running all over looking for different gifts.

I went straight to my favorite gift idea person, my mom, and I told her how I wanted to get them a little gift, as a thank you for all they do.  She, of course, had the best idea - hand creme.  My mom discovered Archipelago Botanicals at one of her favorite little stores, Corner Store.  The morning mint scent is super refreshing, especially when it's so cold outside!  They come in travel size, which was perfect for what I needed.  I wanted to get a good gift, but also didn't want to break the bank.  I picked up a bunch of these little guys on Amazon, since the actual website was sold out.  For my "bigger" gift, I paired a tube of the hand creme with a pair of gloves.  To keep things simple and to the point, my mom and I created a little tag with the message "Thanks for always giving me a hand." to tie onto the tubes.  We printed them on kraft paper, used a tag punch to cut them out, and then after making a little punch with a regular hole punch, I tied them onto the tube with baker's twine.  


I love how the hand creme and the tag tie pay into the "helping hand" meaning behind the gift.  It was an easy gift to beef up, but adding the gloves, without having to get a whole different present.  I already heard from a few of the ladies how much they love it, which is always the best to hear when giving a gift.  If you are looking for a small gift to give someone that lends you a helping hand, whether it be a neighbor, friend, someone you work with outside of work, then look no further!

Linking up with Annie.



15 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm sure that mint smells so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute idea! I love the tag too :) Hand creme is always useful!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! And I always like to stay with a theme too, instead of getting multiple gifts that don't go with eachother, so the gloves were a perfect addition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute and so sweet of you to give those ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a sweet idea-- hand cream is a must this time of the year. Also, I love all of the plaid wrapping paper in the background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute! I love gifts with puns :) hand cream is a necessity at my desk! Perfect for work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a thoughtful gift, Emily! This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute idea! There really are so many people in an office environment that help out in so many ways. I'm sure that they loved the gift you gave them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a cute idea & I Iove the tag with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute gift idea! Thanks for sharing :)

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very sweet and creative idea! Perfect gift for coworkers!

    ReplyDelete