Wednesday, November 16, 2016

What's Hap-pinning: 21 Day Fix Edition

Last week, I started the 21 Day Fix work out DVDs.  My co-worker's wife was generous enough to let me borrow hers to test and I was instantly hooked.  I love how quick the work outs are and you better believe each and every one of them is a great work out.  I just finished Day 7 and I am still feeling it in certain places!

I ordered the program so I could have it for myself and am starting to look at the meal plan.  I know I am doing it kind of backwards, because as Autumn says in the beginning/end of pretty much every work out, following the nutrition guide is key, but I had just borrowed the DVDs, so the meal plan info was not included.  I am not going to lie, it kind of overwhelms me.  Thank goodness for Pinterest, because it has quick a few meal plans, as well as recipes that are for the 21 Day Fix. 

Brown Rice Lasagna Skillet [21 Day Fix friendly] - Lighten up (BIG time!) your favorite lasagna recipe with this super simple and super healthy brown rice skillet! All the flavors of your favorite cheesy, meaty, gooey lasagna packed into one delicious pan. You’ll love it! #21dayfix #glutenfree:

21 Day Fix Hasselback Chicken — JESS DUKES:

No time? No problem! Prep all your meals for the week in just 90 minutes or less with this meal prep plan. // 21 Day Fix // beachbody // beachbody blog:

easy Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Peppers 21 Day fix recipe thesimplyanchoredblog.com:

#21 DAY FIX BLT WRAP- 3 slices turkey bacon(1red), 1c lettuce and tomato(1 green), 1 oz avacado(1blue), whole wheat small tortilla(1 yellow):

Honestly, with Thanksgiving coming up, being strict with the meal plan is just not going to happen for me.  I am taking off that whole week, so I am sure there are going to be some lunches/dinners out, and of course, a big Thanksgiving meal on Thursday.  However, I plan on starting the program fresh after Thanksgiving, and sticking closely to the meal plan then.  I say closely, because there are a few Christmas parties in that time.

If anyone has some "compliant" recipes or meal plans, please send them my way! 

Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.

19 comments:

  1. The recipes for 21df really are yummy. I have autism cookbook that is for the 21df. It's really great. Put it on your Christmas list!! I'll send you some of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I probably should have waited until after breakfast to read your post LOL!! I like that you are giving yourself a little leeway with thanksgiving and enjoying the food and the holiday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, don't start that program now...with Thanksgiving ahead, I feel like you'll be setting yourself up for failure right off the bat. But thank goodness for Pinterest for some of these good recipes! The zucchini boats I posted about a couple weeks ago--there's a 21 Day fix version! So yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many of my friends have tried the 21 day fix and they rave about it! I really need to check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How long are the workouts? And have you been making any of the recipes yet? I bet you are feeling really good after eating clean food!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have so been contemplating the 21 day fix....maybe a 2017 goal! Yay for clean eating!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone I know who has tried the 21 day fix has loved it. I have heard the workouts are fantastic. I agree with starting after Thanksgiving. There are way too many temptations that week!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fix!! So glad you'll be starting after Thanksgiving. I'm starting it over then too so we can keep each other motivated :) Look up the recipe on Pinterest for the Mexican lasagna. I ate it every day for lunch last week & it was delish!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My problem has always been finding a quick and effective work out because time...well it's far and few between these days. Those recipes look amazing too and regardless if I do the workout, I'm trying that cheese steak stuffed pepper :)
    Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been wanting to try the 21 day fix, sounds awesome! Like a burns so good awesome!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! I keep hearing about the 21-day fix, but I've never tried anything like it. Nutrition would definitely be the hardest part for me too...but meal prep helps SO MUCH! When I saw that pin of yours I wanted to clap (haha) because I totally think planning your meals and packing them ahead of time, so you don't go out to eat or get tempted by other things, is KEY. Would love to hear more about your progress as you go!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I definitely wouldn't be able to do that right now around the holidays because I love my party food too much but all of these meals look so delicious... with food that good looking it might not be all that hard!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i have been intrigued by the 21 day fix but i'm not sure i could (or would want to) be super strict with the meal plan. good for you for taking the week of thanksgiving off, gotta enjoy life! that chicken dish looks so delish.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never tried the 21 day fix before, but I've heard great things about it! Good luck staying as strong as possible during the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, all of these look SO good! I've never tried the 21 day fix, but these recipes make me think I'd like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yum! They all look delicious - this time of the year is our "try new recipe/cook" season so it's always fun to try new things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. You go girl!!! :) This time of year is hard for sure haha. I've been wanting to make those philly cheese stuffed peppers- let me know if you try them!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I don't know very much about this program, but I'm really interested in it and hearing more about your experience as you combine the workouts and meals together. I've been trying to be more intentional about meal planning during the week, but I get tired of foods really fast unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never really known about the 21 day fix-but those recipes all look REALLY yummy!

    ReplyDelete