Monday, November 7, 2016

Weekend Recap

Another weekend in the books!

My weekend started off with some drinks and apps after work.  The original plan was to find a place to sit outside and enjoy the weather, but the place we choose, Bishop's Post, their patio was already closed.  It is November in the Midwest, but the weather has been so crazy warm lately, it doesn't seem like it at all.  We sat in the bar area.  They have some pretty good happy hour deals.  $5 glass of wine, with a good selection and a very generous pour.  The people watching was the best.  The bar was taken up by what looked to be regulars, men and women post retirement age, if I had to guess, and they were just having the best time socializing and having some drinks.

Saturday was such a relaxing, lazy day.  I watched some Christmas movies, read and just relaxed.  It really was lovely.  I did finally leave the house to hit up the gym and the library.  It seemed like everyone was at the library - it was just packed!  

My internal alarm clock had me up at 5:00 Sunday morning...with no going back to sleep.  It was nice to be up that early, because it really did make the day seem longer and like I had plenty of time to get things accomplished and still relax.  It was chilly in the morning - I went out for a walk/run and had to break out an earband!  During the weekends I love watching all the shows on The Food Network channel.  Recently, I discovered Ayesha's Homemade, which is Ayesha Curry's show.  I have seen a couple episodes now and really, really enjoy her show.  Her cookbook, The Seasoned Life, is definitely going to be added to my Christmas list!  I also tried out a new nail polish, Model Clicks.  It's a really pretty, deep wine color.  The day ended with more Christmas movies and blogging.  The next few weekends are going to be busy, busy, so it was really nice to have a super relaxing one before then.

Happy Monday!


Image result for motivational quotes for work

Linking up with Biana.    

18 comments:

  1. Yay for Hallmark Christmas movies!! The weather has just been crazy I wore shorts yesterday in MN! It has been nice but I'm ready to get back to fall :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds perfect! Love that you watched some Christmas movies and exercised! And a trip to the library....that made it even better! Happy Monday, friend!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad to hear that you got so much accomplished on Sunday - that's how I felt on Saturday too!! I need to make my way to the library near us because my reading habit is starting to get expensive LOL! Hope you have a great start to the week! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like quite the perfect weekend. Im excited for Christmas movies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your weekend sounds perfect!! I wanted to start watching Christmas movies but I am still binge watching Gilmore Girls (pretty bad timing since my DVR is full of Christmas movies!) I didn't know Ayesha had a show, I have seen her before though and knew she was a great cook, I'm going to have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like the perfect weekend minus not being able to enjoy patio seating at happy hour on Friday! But $5 generous pours definitely make up for that! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like it was a great weekend. I just heard that Ayesha has a show, I totally need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that quote! Glad you had a great weekend and I am excited for Christmas movies, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend with a lot accomplished. A lazy Saturday watching Christmas movies sounds perfect! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. That happy hour sounds great, love when they have a heavy pour at a great price. But boooo to the patio being closed, you'd think they'd have it open according to the weather not the calendar. Cheers to a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're weekend sounds amazing <3 i hope you have a great week girl!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love waking up early on my own, because I'm always way more productive!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect weekend!! I'm so jealous that you already started watching Christmas movies. I need to get on it!! I'm just so excited for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I woke up really early on Sunday too because of the time change, but I was happy for the extra time to get stuff done around the house! It really helped to have that extra hour! I'm glad that you had some nice time relaxing before things get too chaotic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Relaxing weekends are the best especially when you know you have busy ones coming up. I have yet to watch any Hallmark Christmas movies and that totally needs to change!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't wait to have a relaxing Christmas movie day this weekend - the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a wonderful weekend- glad you got a relaxing few days in since you're going to be so busy! Daylight savings didn't even phase me since we have a little early-bird baby haha! I am hoping to finally get my nails done this weekend w/ a gift certificate and I'm thinking I need a good wine colored polish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just set up a recording for Ayesha's show- thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete