Monday, November 14, 2016

Weekend Recap

Hey all!  Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was really nice, as I made my way back home to visit my parents.

The weekend actually started out Thursday night for me, because I took off Friday.  I actually didn't do much at all on Friday, other than pick up gyros from my favorite place, The Gyro Company.  It was just nice to have a break from work!

I headed home bright and early Saturday morning.  Luckily, the drive there went by relatively quickly.  Shortly after I got to my parents', my mom and I headed out to the 3 French Hens Market.  I had thought we went there the year before, but it was actually two years ago that I went with her.  Whimsy is by far my favorite booth, but there was some other really cute ones, too.  It seemed that it had grown since I last was there, with another tent and more food options.  My mom and I both picked up an ornament,  and then I got another one and a tiny tree to round out my purchases.  It was fun to be with my mom and check everything out, but I think next year I am going to skip.  It just seems that not much has changed since we last were there, and it really is so crowded - one of the buildings had a line to get into it, that sticking to the actual stores of the places we like seems like the better option.  It was also Christmas open house day in Pontiac, so we had to go check out Charmed, where I picked up this super cute top and this yummy smelling Christmas candle.  My mom had a concert that night, so it was just me and my dad (and the cat) for the night.  We ordered pizza from my favorite place, and watched lots of Tiny House Hunters - wild Saturday night!  



Sunday morning we took a walk - it seems like it went straight from summer to winter as we both were bundled up with gloves and ear muffs.  My mom made my favorite, french toast, for breakfast, along with some bacon - so delicious!  I headed back to St. Louis afterwards and unfortunately, the drive was definitely not as quick as on the way there.  Isn't that how it always works?  I had a bit of the Sunday blues, but I think that is expected after a long weekend.

Happy Monday!

22 comments:

  1. You have me craving gyros at 5:30 in the morning haha! I'm so glad you had a great time at home and ended up buying a few things. I bet they are so cute! Love that you hung out with your dad Saturday night! Who did your mom go see in concert? Have a great Monday at work!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great weekend!! Love the quality time you shared with your mom and dad this weekend too! Hope you have a great Monday! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though it sounds like the market hasn't changed, I'm sure it was so nice being home and hanging with your parents! How far is the drive between you guys? I really wanted to go to a craft fair yesterday but I was hurting from a Saturday wedding, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your weekend--seems like it was agood one! What a cool place to visit--all of thema ctually!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got to have a fun weekend with your parents :) I miss the random times my mom and I would meet up to just shop or do something fun together... everything is different w/ a kid lol!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun & relaxing weekend! Sometimes you just need a weekend at home with your parents, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That market looks so cute. Sounds like a good weekend full of the important stuff. Sunday drives are always a downer, I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like it was a great weekend!! I love going to craft fairs. Haven't been forever.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a great weekend with your parents and that breakfast your mom made has me wanting to redo what I ate this morning...boring compared to that goodness! Have a great day. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yep, always how it works, takes forever to get back....so sweet of your mama to make you breakfast!! No matter how old we get, feels great to be taken care of. The 3 French Hens market sounds so fun!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a great weekend! Isn't your momma's breakfast always the best? Nobody can ever make it as good as your own mom. I hope you have a great week, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like the perfect weekend filled with family time and great food. And YUM to that breakfast your mom made <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sometimes you just need a day to yourself, and I love that you took the day off from work to do that! It sounds like you had the perfect weekend with your parents, and I totally agree that traffic going home is always worse than getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmm family time! There's NOTHING like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heading home for the weekend is always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you guys had fun at the Christmas market and scooped a few things up :) I haven't watched Tiny House Hunters in so long (or any hgtv really), but I loved that show!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh loved that top that you got! I love family time too. Sounds like you had a great and relaxing weekend. Those are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love love weekends spent at home. I'm pretty envious that you're close enough to make the drive! I would kill for more time like this with my mom. Sounds like a fun, relaxed weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pizza and tv with your dad sounds amazing! :) I sure do miss my dad. Hope you have a super week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hate how the drive back home always seems longer, but glad you had a fun time with your parents. Binge watching Tiny House Hunters and eating pizza sounds like the perfect night in to me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it's so awesome how close you are to your parents! I live in the same city as my parents now, but in college I lived about an hour and a half away, and I would get SO homesick. I used to go home at least one weekend per month. Parents are the best.

    ReplyDelete