Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Weekend Recap

Yesterday I shared a few Halloween pictures from years past, so today I am recapping my weekend.  It was a really great weekend, although it could have been just a bit longer...as always.

Friday night started off with a movie, Deepwater Horizon.  Mark Wahlberg is a favorite of mine, as is Kate Hudson, so it was a definite must see in my mind.  Holy cow, this movie was so intense and hard to watch, but so very good.  It's about the BP explosion/oil spill so you know bad things are going to happen.  I think knowing it is a true story just really gets to you.  Lots of sitting on the edge of my seat, as well as tears, multiple times throughout the movie.  Do go see this movie, it's really worth it.

Lunch at Nordstrom Café was on deck for Saturday.  My bestest introduced me to the restaurant and it's seriously so good.  We have eaten there multiple times together, and I have never been disappointed.  Her little guy joined us, and she picked up the cutest little lumber jack hat for him while we shopped after lunch.  I returned a few things and made a few purchases.  Hallmark had a buy one get one deal going on their Christmas wrapping paper (along with other items), which is perfect for me, because 2 rolls is usually all I need!  I went with a classic plaid print, that has a black and white houndstooth on the other side.  I also picked up some random items, like the Mix and Match Mama's Meal Planner cookbook, a Pumpkin Spice candle from William-Sonoma, as well as some Moose Munch for work presents and a favorite of mine, The Smell of Christmas candle from Macy's.  Macy's has some of their Christmas items on sale now, if you are looking to get ahead on your shopping!  I finished the night out with some shows on my DVR, and a book.  

I had brunch plans on Sunday with another friend, and we tried a new to us place, Ya-Ya's.  They have a brunch buffet and holy cow, it was amazing.  They had SO MUCH food!  We tried a bunch of different things and they were all delicious.  I have never done a buffet brunch before, but I will definitely be back.  It was super nice to catch up since we hadn't seen each other in awhile, and probably could have sat and nibbled on stuff for much longer if time would have allowed!  For some reason, I was super worn out afterwards, so the rest of the day was just spent finishing up laundry, reading and watching TV.  I made my mom's stew recipe for dinner and it just tasted like home!  It was my first time making it, so I was a bit nervous, but it turned out just right.  It makes a ton (as in I had to separate it into two different casserole dishes and it still spilled over a bit!), so I will be eating on this all week - yum!

Monday morning came to quick, but we are already to Tuesday, so here's to hoping the rest of the week flies by!

Linking up with Whitney.
   

11 comments:

  1. Some really great ideas here for entertaining! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your weekend sounds like it was delicious!! That brunch sounds amazing :) I wondered how Deepwater Horizon would be, so I'm glad you thought it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brunch sounds so good. I have been interested in Deepwater Horizon but we have such a hard time making it to the movies these days with a new baby. By the time we finally arrange to go, whatever we wanted to see is out of theaters.

    The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like your weekend was definitely a fun one! It's crazy to think how close to Thanksgiving and Christmas we are since it's already November!! Ever since I saw the trailer for Deepwater Horizon, I've wanted to see it and saw it got really good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got really excited when I saw Yayas because we had them in Michigan, but I don't think it's the same place, haha. It sounds like you picked up some great things this weekend pre-christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never eaten at the Nordstrom Cafe, but have always wanted to. I always forget about it! I am adding it to my bucket list right now to complete before the end of the year! I better hurry, it probably gets crazy busy as the holidays approach. What is your favorite thing to eat there?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a pretty good weekend. I haven't heard of that movie and now I want to check it out. Sounds pretty good. The brunch sounds delicious and makes me so hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You got some really good stuff! I don't have that cookbook of Shay's... I need to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove Nordstrom cafe - have you had their tomato soup??? It tastes like HEAVEN. Totally agree with you on hoping this week goes by fast...I feel like with Halloween on Monday it's almost like we're getting a four-day work week?? Do you agree? I guess I can't complain, because I'm taking Friday off too : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ever had the tomato soup - I actually don't really like tomato soup in general. I have this Friday off and I cannot wait! Halloween was kind of blah at work - no one did anything so it just seemed like any old day!

      Delete
  10. I've got to go shopping now! You've got me excited!! And I need to check out the movie too!

    ReplyDelete