Monday, November 21, 2016

Weekend Recap: Decorating for Christmas

Hey all.  Hope you all had a great weekend - mine was a bit of a doozy!

My mom got in Friday afternoon, and once I got off of work, we unloaded her and headed out for a few drinks and apps to kick off the weekend.  Afterwards, we decided to get right to it and started working on decorations.  I had already moved all my fall stuff into one area, so that was ready to get all packed up.  Then, we decided to tackle the tree.  The idea was that we would get it fluffed and ready to go for the next day.  I purchased a pre-light tree 7-8 years ago on sale after Christmas.  It's been old faithful ever since, always lighting up first try...except for this year.  If you follow me on instagram, you saw the picture where two big sections of the tree were out.  We were really missing my dad at this point, because he always is the one that finds the bad bulbs on my parents' tree.  I made my first trip to Target that night to get replacement bulbs.  Which, for some reason, blew out every time we tried to add a in a new one.  Next step was just to remove all the lights and add in strings ourselves.  Those pre-light trees are no joke!  We spent an hour and a half taking off all those lights!  Once we got all the lights off, the tree was re-fluffed and we finally decided to call it a night.  

Saturday we were up early and ready to get things done!  We had a light of items we needed and headed out.  After multiple stores we were ready to go.  The plan of action was to get everything else done, then tackle the tree at the end of the day.  It seems like we kept having little snafus, like for example the picks of greens we got, my nippers wouldn't cut through, so it was back to the store to buy some better quality ones.  The bag of batteries I had tucked away were all bad, so back to Target it was for those.  We finally got everything though and it really came together.  I think this is my very favorite Christmas decorations yet, and I can't wait to share the pictures with you!  Even though I had to run back to Target (for the 4th time), for more lights, we finally got the tree together and it is twinkling by me as I type this!  

my newest ornament!

My mom and I love taking walks together, both for exercise and for some fresh air, so we headed out for a brisk walk Sunday morning.  I had to run to Target (again - I think I made 6 trips to Target this whole weekend!) to return an extra string of lights, and a few more errands, then I was in for the day, catching up on DVR and Hallmark movies while enjoying my Christmas decorations.  So thankful my mom came to help me.  We really outdid ourselves in my opinion, and I am just so happy I get to enjoy this coziness for the next weeks.  My usual Sunday to do's were put on hold since I have all this week off - seriously just so excited!!!

Hope you all have the best Monday!

Linking up with Biana.

18 comments:

  1. Whoa that was a crazy weekend!! I'm so glad your mom was there to help you because it would have been so stressful if you would have done it alone! I can't wait to see your decorations! And I hope you're enjoying your first day OFF! (while I am at school all jealous haha)
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun weekend! I'm laughing at all the trips to target you had to take.. this is me. Always!! Can't wait to see your decs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG so many Target trips!! I'm so glad you guys figured the tree out! Thank goodness your Mom was there to help, I think if I was alone and all that happened to me, I would lose my mind LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you guys figured the tree out! I have a love-hate relationship with pre-lit trees, too! I'm sure your decorations look awesome. I'm excited to switch ours out on Friday. The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you guys figured the tree out! I have a love-hate relationship with pre-lit trees, too! I'm sure your decorations look awesome. I'm excited to switch ours out on Friday. The Lovely Latte

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many Target trips! That's always a dangerous thing for me - but kind of the best, too! Happy short week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love decorating the tree! I wish we had a Target so close! I'm lucky to get there once a month!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had our pre-lit tree for 6 years and it's the best!! Great job getting your decor all done! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG Christmas lights can be SUCH a pain. A couple of years ago, a whole strand went out on our tree AFTER it had been decorated for two weeks already. I was so mad but I just left it. I didn't even want to go through the trouble to get some new ones up. Haha. And six trips to Target? Holy moly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahh such a bummer about the lights on the tree, but I'm sure you were so thankful your mom was there to help you take off the lights and then rehang new ones! Love your new ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Holy cow, I think that you might have lived at Target more this weekend than your apartment! But it looks like it was all worth it because your tree looks beautiful! I'm very envious of your week off right now, and I hope that you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great weekend with your mom. I swear the employees at my Target know my name because I go there so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a pretty productive weekend with your mom, and Target was pretty much your second home. Ahh so jealous of your week off! Enjoy it and can't wait to see more pics of your decorating. We're tackling ours this weekend. Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fiasco with the tree, but it is done and that is awesome. Love your new ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  15. So fun that your mom came to visit - sounds like the best! I feel like whenever you walk out of target you need to go back - never fails! But that might be a new record...

    ReplyDelete
  16. those prelit trees are awesome when they work!! Glad you had some one on one time with your mom!

    ReplyDelete