Monday, November 28, 2016

Thanksgiving Week Recap

Instead of just my normal weekend recap, I am recapping the entire week of Thanksgiving.  It was a full week, so below are just the highlights.

Lots and lots of Hallmark Christmas movies.  

Seeing Arrival - such a great movie!  It really causes you to think, but in a good way.  Lots of discussion afterwards, piecing it all together.  Definitely go see!

Dinner at Outback.  I love a good steak, and Outback always delivers.  

The Route 66 exhibit at the Missouri History Museum.  This exhibit was awesome.  I love learning about Route 66, as it goes right through my hometown, and this really was a good one.  The history museum always has great exhibits, and you can't beat the free admission to the majority of them, this one included.  It was one of those exhibits that we wouldn't have minded being a bit longer.  I hope to go again with my parents, because I know my dad would love it!


Lunch at Pappy's.  If you are ever in the St. Louis area and are looking for some good BBQ, Pappy's is the place to go.  Everything is so delicious!

Hanging out with my family Wednesday and Thursday.  It's always so nice when we can all get together.  Jack is at such a fun age, and it's really nice to catch up with my brother and sister in law, not to mention my extended family on actual Thanksgiving. 


Thanksgiving dinner.  ALL THE FOOD.  So, so delicious.  I just dug into my meal, but my brother snapped a picture, so you can see his plate below - ours looked pretty darn similar.  


Playing cards.  We tend to play cards when we are all together and it's definitely a favorite of mine.  Our game of choice was Blitz (or 31), and I am happy to say I was the winner of the second round!

Black Friday.  My mom and I have a tradition of shopping on Black Friday and this year was no exception.  We stayed at my grandma's on Thanksgiving, then headed out bright and early the next morning.  My grandma was super sweet and got up with us to have a quick breakfast before we left.  We hit up Target, the mall, stopped for Portillo's for lunch (our tradition), and then hit a few more places before heading home.  It was a LONG, but pretty darn successful shopping trip.  


Pontiac Light Up Parade.  After dinner on Friday, my dad and I headed downtown for the Pontiac Light Up Parade.  This is something that the town started doing a few years ago, so this was my first time attending.  It was super neat - my dad and I joked it was very Hallmark-esque, with a Christmas parade in a small downtown.  My very favorite part of the parade was when Santa came around - the kids were SO excited.  You could just hear the joy and awe in their voices when they saw him.





Small Business Saturday.  While I love my Black Friday shopping and big name stores, you can't beat supporting local businesses.  We made our way to a few small businesses, and had such a great time looking around.  My dad even joined us for this shopping trip.


Christmas crafting.  My mom and I worked on a fun new DIY ornament and created my gift tags.  

How was your Thanksgiving week / weekend?

Linking up with Biana.   

17 comments:

  1. Love small town parades! My town's parade isn't until mid December and it's always a night I look forward too! Glad you got a bunch of stuff on BF and love that you and your mom always eat lunch at the same place! What time did y'all get started shopping? I had to take a nap later that afternoon because I was exhausted haha! Have a great Monday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup my thanksgiving plate looked just about the same! So yummy! I love that you and your mom have a tradition of Black Friday shopping together...hope you scored some goodies. There was also a Small Business Saturday market locally here that I went to on Sat and bought some cute stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great week!! I love a parade, ours is this weekend and I can't wait. It's not good at all but still fun! I have been watching all the hallmark movies! They are so cheesy but I can't get enough!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man girl you really packed it all in and did so much fun stuff! I watched a few great Hallmark movies too starting on Wednesday night and I can't wait to watch more!! I love the light up parade - we don't have anything like that!! Hope you have a great start to your week! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so brave to head out super early on Black Friday! Sounds like you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun week!! I am already missing the food from Thanksgiving! I love that you and your Mom shop together every year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many things packed into the weekend and it all looked such fun! We just dug into the Hallmark movies over the weekend (our DVR has been piling up) and they are the best as always!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like it was a great week! That is so great that you braved the crowds and headed out early on Black Friday. I worked but did a little shopping when I got out. To be honest, the stores weren't as busy as I thought they would be.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous week/long weekend! YUM to Portillos and that exhibit sounds like so much fun! Cheers to a great week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a weekend! You packed in SO much stuff! Wasn't Arrival great?! Brian and I loved it and we had to have a discussion about it after it was over to make sure we were on the same page. Haha.

    I love that you and your mom go Black Friday shopping together every year. My mom and I used to waaaay back, but we stopped when things started getting too crazy. I really hate that all of the sales start on Thanksgiving now. It takes some of the excitement out of it.

    I hope you have a great week, Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Thanksgiving weekend sounds so perfect! I love getting together with family and just being able to spend time together! And nieces and nephews are so much fun, especially when you can start to see their little personalities come out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like a perfect, family-filled weekend. So many cute parade floats.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like a great Thanksgiving week! That's so much fun you were able to spend so much time with your family. I hope you and your mom got some great deals on black Friday. And how sweet your grandma got up to have some breakfast with you! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much fun! It's so sweet that you were able to have your shopping trip with your mom and parade with your dad!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. How fun! I wish my town had a parade like that! It reminds me of a Hallmark movie too..good thing we are both such big fans of those ; )

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun weekend. I love the looks of that plate of food. Makes me hungry again for Thanksgiving foods. Sort of. ha. So glad you got to spend time with family. My husband is out of town for a few days and I have a bunch of Hallmark movies on my dvr to attend to.

    ReplyDelete