Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Recipe Round Up: October 2016

Cooking is seriously one of my favorite things, I know I have said that many a times here.  I love trying new recipes, and I love sharing those recipes with friends.  I thought I would try something new, where I round up all the new-to-me recipes I have tried from the previous month and share my thoughts on them.



Pumpkin & Sausage Ravioli Bake by Mix and Match Mama.  I was on a major pumpkin kick in October, and this was my very first savory pumpkin dish.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but holy cow, was it delicious!  When I made this, I only used about half the Panko and didn't top with parm cheese.  I thought it was great without and did not miss it.  The sauce isn't too pumpkin-y, just gives it a really nice flavor and pairs so well with the sausage.  It really came together quickly and I already have the ingredients on hand to make again soon!



BLT Pasta by Mix and Match Mama.  I love BLTs, and the idea of having it as a pasta seemed so good!  You can pretty much do no wrong with bacon in my book, and I loved how this was paired with roasted garlic, tomatoes and spinach...and pasta.  I have a weakness for pasta.  This recipe was a definite win.  It's a lighter pasta, which is really nice, but still leaves you plenty full and satisfied.  It didn't take much time at all to make, which is always a plus, and the leftovers were good, too!  I did burn the tomatoes a bit when they were roasting, so I will make sure to keep them in for less time, or lower the temp.  I also think I would add in a bit more spinach, just because I really liked that part of it.  I used regular pasta, because that's what I already had, and I also used regular bacon.  I think no matter how you make this to your tastes, you will not be disappointed.  Just really, really good!


Maple Bacon Pumpkin Pancakes by Mix and Match Mama.  These weren't my favorite.  Maybe it was because I didn't include the bacon, so it didn't have that added flavor, but they were also a little denser than I like, personally.  It is a fun idea to incorporate pumpkin in your pancakes, but I think I would have to do a bit more tweaking to make them suit my tastes.


pumpkin-butterscotch-cookies

Pumpkin Oatmeal Scotchies by Two Peas & Their Pod.  These were delicious.  They make a ton of cookies and are perfect to bring into work or send to friends.  It's the perfect little bite of oatmeal, pumpkin and butterscotch.  I can see these becoming a fall staple.


Vegetable Stuffed Sweet Potatoes

Loaded Vegetable Stuffed Sweet Potatoes by Skinnytaste via Ashley at Turquoise and Teale.  I had never really had a sweet potato before, but with all the toppings, this sounded right up my alley.  It was so, so good.  The flavors of all the "stuffing" is delicious.  I highly suggest making the yogurt / taco seasoning topping to go with it - that was one of my favorite parts, along with an avocado to top it off.  Just really good, very filling, and pretty darn healthy, too!


3 Ingredient Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies by Six Sisters' Stuff.  I really wasn't sure about these cookies at first.  They sound perfect, because they are only three ingredients, but I wasn't too keen on the cake texture.  I stored them in a Tupperware container and the next day they were super sticky.  I had plans to bring them into work the next day, but since I wasn't sure if I liked them and they were just so darn sticky, they ended up in the trash.    


Two recipes that were passed along to me from my family that I made for the first time this past month include my Grandma's Applesauce and my mom's French Oven Beef Stew.  Both so delicious and yummy! 


What new recipes have you tried lately?


Linking up with Jenn and Jessi.


     

19 comments:

  1. Yum!!!! Every single one of these recipes looks fantastic! You know how much I love Shay's recipes :) The loaded baked sweet potato looks really good too! I prefer a sweet potato over a regular baked potato any day! Happy Wednesday!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. BLT pasta is seriously drool worthy!!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pasta recipes sound so delicious! We just tried a recipe with butternut squash that came out really good. Thanks for sharing all these tasty options :) Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that BLT pasta look so good. Love me some sweet potato's!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ummm...how in the world have I missed this BLT pasta from Shay?? I have been interested in trying one of the savory pumpkin dishes but have been afraid no one in my house would eat it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have made that BLT pasta it is so yummy! That ravioli sounds delish too I may have to try making it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh that ravioli bake looks delicious - I need to save that recipe for sure. Pumpkin, oatmeal, and butterscotch also sounds like a great combo in those cookies. Thanks for sharing!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  8. YUM I'm officially hungry! I need that BLT pasta in my life <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum those all look good, but that loaded vegetable sweet potato looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm these all look so good! Definitely the BLT pasta needs to be tried here!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've been wanting to try that BLT Pasta Salad! I am a HUGE fan of BLT sandwiches and throwing it in a pasta salad sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That pumpkin and sausage bake looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The only way that I'll actually bake anymore is if I can bring the leftovers up to the office. Otherwise I eat them all myself! That BLT pasta sounds awesome, and I think that you're totally right that anything that has bacon in it tends to be wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum to all of these!! Bummer about the 3 ingredient cookies, sometimes you just need a few more ingredients to get that texture right!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The loaded stuffed sweet potato sounds amazing! I don't think there's one recipe from Skinny Taste I didn't love...

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is such a great idea for a post- I love hearing how recipes actually turned out, so I hope you keep them up :) I agree with Emily, I don't think there has ever been a SkinnyTaste recipe that I don't like! Two Peas & Their Pod is another favorite of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ok they all look delish but #1 for the win!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've made the BLT pasta before too, twice! SO SO good! Those pumpkin oatmeal scotchies are now on my list to make, as well as the loaded sweet potato. Do you not normally like sweet potatoes?? I eat them almost every day !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't ever really had them before - maybe sweet potato fries once or twice, but this was my first time having one baked!

      Delete