Tuesday, November 15, 2016

My Favorite Magazines

I love a good magazine.  They are perfect to take to the pool, pack one in your purse if you are going to an appointment, or some place you may have to wait, or sometimes I let them pile up and binge read them all at once.  Over the years I have subscribed to many different ones, starting out with American Girl, moving to Cosmo, and then to Country Living...a little bit of everything!


Right now, these are my top three magazines.


Image result for the magnolia journal


The Magnolia Journal.  While this one I don't yet subscribe to, it is going on my Christmas list.  I picked this up at Target when it first came out and I just love it.  One of those magazines you can refer back to and read every single thing.  Chip and Joanna can pretty much do no wrong.


Country Living.  This magazine makes me think of simpler times and I just love all the country homes they show.  While it isn't all 100% my taste, I love reading about those people that have country homes, or have left corporate America for a slower pace of life.  You'll discover some really neat companies and products, too, as well as get some inspiration for farmhouse style!

Good Housekeeping.  I actually started subscribing to this after reading about it on April's blog.  Amazon was offering a subscription for only $5 - can't beat that (it's still under $8 right now!)!  I really enjoy the recipes and everyday tips.  For example, in this last one I read, there were some really good tips on how to utilize every bit of your food as to reduce waste.


I also subscribe to Cosmopolitan, as well as HGTV Magazine.  However, I am cancelling both subscriptions, since these are usually the last magazines I reach for.  


Another magazine on my Christmas list - seriously, subscriptions are such great presents, especially for those hard to buy for people - is Southern Living.  I purchased a magazine this summer and really loved it, but figured I would wait since it would be a nice and easy present for my list.


What magazines are your favorites?


Linking up with Whitney.
 

20 comments:

  1. The only magazine I subscribe to is Southern Living but I tend to read Good Housekeeping at the library sometimes. You need SL in your life!!! And then I also get lots of catalogs too haha! I still need to get Magnolia!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any subscriptions currently. But might have to sign up for Magnolia-it's impossible to not adore Chip and Joanna! I also really love 'cooking' magazines like Taste of Home!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a post!! This are all my favorites as well! I was so excited when I first opened up The Magnolia Journal! Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use to read magazines all the time then I had kids, LOL. It is a great idea though to keep them with you so you can read while waiting for things. The Magnolia Journal looks like a great one and I love Good Housekeeping as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep on hearing about Mangolia House (another blog and her friends stayed the weekend in it the other day) but I have no idea what it is! I don't watch HGTV as much anymore, so that may be why. I've been getting Taste of Home magazine for Christmas for the last few years, and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I rarely read magazines anymore, but I love any of the home ones and am definitely going to check out Magnolia! They really do make great gift ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to start reading Magnolia. I love Chip and Joanna. SL is the best! Definitely put it on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will definitely have to pick up The Magnolia Journal the next time I'm at the store. I love Southern Living too. I just got it over the weekend and haven't had a chance to look at it yet. They really are the best gifts for hard to buy for people!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am very obsessed with Country Living & Good Housekeeping. Redbook is another one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how cool. I didn't know Jo and Chip came out with a magazine. They are really going above and beyond with branding magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would totally agree this is a great gift. I will not buy magazines but love having them at the house to read if someone else sends me a subsription!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh..and Real Simple would be at the top of my list!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all these! Home magazines just feel so cozy to read!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I loved American Girl as well! Oh, those were the days! I actually don't subscribe to anything anymore. I think the last one that I did subscribe to was Cosmo!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a magazine junky. Or, I used to be. I would buy them all!! I really try to control myself. I have a subscription to Weight Watchers...which I enjoy...because I'm on the plan and like the recipes and success stories. I LOVE Southern Living and The Magnolia Journal as well! I always get tempted with People at the checkout counter though!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't have ANY magazine subscriptions, but now I'm thinking I need to. I love a good magazine and for those prices? You can't beat them. I see some magazines at Target for like $7.99 an ISSUE, so to pay that much for a whole years worth? Totally worth it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a great idea to get somebody a subscription for Christmas! I have a good friend that would love the Magnolia Journal for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Chip & Joanna are my FAVE, my boyfriend and I have seriously contemplated getting Chip & Jo mugs from easy… (it's a thing)… we love them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I used to be such a magazine junkie and I'm not anymore but I do like picking up cooking/décor magazines from time to time now. I think I might have to look into a couple now seeing your picks :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Chip and Joanna. They are a huge favorite right now. I think I need to check out their magazine. Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete