Thursday, November 10, 2016

If I Won the Lottery...

I missed out on Show & Tell Tuesday: Lottery Edition this week, but really liked the topic so I thought I would join a bit late!  

What would I do if I won the lotto?  I actually don't really play the lottery at all, every once in awhile when it gets really big, some of us at work go in together, but it's not a regular thing.  Let me tell you though, I have thought about this many a times.  Obviously, in my dream world, this is the big winnings, where I would be set for life.

First off, I would take care of the boring stuff, like any debt I may have.  Once that is taken care of, I would make sure my family is comfortably set, as well.  I would make sure to have something set up with savings and investments, that I would have enough to live off of until the end of days without having to work.  After those things are done, then the fun would begin.

I would definitely be purchasing or building my dream home, probably somewhere closer to my family.  This dream home may or may not be out in the country, too.  I would love to live on a farm one day.  I would also get a vacation home on Lake Michigan.  That is where my family vacations have taken place, and I would love for us to have our own house to go to every year.

A new vehicle would also be on the list.  I have always loved Range Rovers, but I have realized that I prefer a smaller car, so I would go towards a small Mercedes SUV.  

I would allow myself to go on a bit of a shopping spree at the beginning, specifically making a few key purse purchases, like a Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and Burberry bag.  Purses are my weakness. 

Traveling would be up next.  I'd head overseas and just go all over.  I would finish up traveling stateside, to check out all the places I have always wanted to go inside the U.S.  

I'd settle down after traveling and spend my time volunteering.  I also think I would pursue some other dreams, like having my own home decor / antiques shop.  I'd start small with a little booth somewhere, then see if it takes.  If not, it would be a fun hobby to do with my mom and grandma, and if it does turn into something, then I think I would be happy working, doing something I loved.  Really, the possibilities would be quite endless with copious amounts of money! 

It's so fun to think about - it almost makes me want to start playing the lottery regularly, just in case it pans out one time.  

Linking up with Annie.

    

16 comments:

  1. I think I'm right there with you on a lot of this! I might do my traveling first, and then decide on where I wanted my house....or houses! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I would do most of the same things but I guess I have to play to actually win LOL!! A house on Lake Michigan would be awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes I would do a lot of the same things as you! I wish I could just win sometime but I often forget to get a ticket so alas if you don't play you can't win haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun girl to think about what I'd do if I won the lottery...a small piece of me doesn't ever want to win (not that I play that often) because of the dreaded lottery curse, but pretending can't hurt. I think I'd do pretty much what you outlined, except I would get a summer home somewhere in the Hamptons or somewhere lavish :)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These all sound like great ideas, I would probably do some of the same as well! Same here, I guess it would help if I actually ever played the lottery! Happy Thursday!

    xo, Rachel
    A Blonde's Moment

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh to dream of winning the lottery! I actually rarely play it too! Yes, travel... buy a house... make sure my family is comfortable... and of course buy a fancy purse! Ha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’ve always wanted a Range Rover as my family van, it's such a fun fantasy so stylish and cool lol. Lake Michigan is breathtakingly beautiful, a vacation home there would be amazing. I would defiantly travel, so far I’ve been to 10 countries, I want to see ten more within the next ten years. I think I'm going to start playing the lottery today! Why not? What do I have to lose?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh I didn't think of a Range Rover... I may have to change my mind about my vehicle of choice! Those are some good looking SUVs! I love your idea to have your own decor or antique shop. I could totally see you doing that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so much fun! I think that my priorities would pretty much be the same as you, paying off debt, making sure my family is set, buying my dream house, and then traveling the world! Can we all win the lottery?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Girl, we have the same list! Debt, dream home, car, shopping spree, then travel, etc. I would definitely do all of these. It's literally my list for when I become a bagillionaire lol <3 Happy Thursday pretty lady!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oohh, I dream/think about this all the time too. I would definitely pay off our current house (so we could use it as a rental property!) and then build our dream house somewhere in a better location. I'd love to have a little bit more land and space too, and be in between our two families! And then of COURSE- a shopping spree, for both clothes and the new house lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this list - I love thinking about what I would do if I won...it's fun to dream big :)
    #ThoughtsforThursday

    Sarah Bell
    Trendy & Tidy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun list of things!! Love your idea of opening a home decor shop, building your own dream house/farm and splurging on purses. That would definitely be a fun shopping spree :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. We usually buy the $1 and $2 scratch-off tickets with spare change - if nothing else, we often get the money back in cash format.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your volunteering idea! Never having to work again would be nice, but you would probably get pretty bored wouldn't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I would volunteer - but give myself plenty of time to just enjoy life. :)

      Delete