Friday, November 4, 2016

Friday Favorites 11.4.16 - CUBS WIN!

The Chicago Cubs celebrate after Game 7 of the Major League Baseball World Series against the Cleveland Indians Thursday, Nov. 3, 2016, in Cleveland. The Cubs won 8-7 in 10 innings to win the series 4-3. (AP Photo/David J. Phillip)

Guys, my number one favorite should come as no surprise - THE CUBS WON THE WORLD SERIES!  Holy cow.  What a ride this series has been.  I am a bit superstitious, and towards the beginning of the playoffs, if I would watch the game for an extended period of time the Cubs would go downhill.  Obviously, there is no correlation, but still in my mind, I wasn't going to do it.  I have basically been flipping to the games to see the score, maybe watching an inning or two, before turning it to something else.  I was getting texts on the score, so between those things that is how I "watched" the game.  I decided to actually watch Game 7 in its entirety, because it was GAME 7, and holy cow, what a game it was.  I have to admit, I actually fell asleep during the rain delay, but woke up right as they won, which was so surreal.  It's just seriously so exciting.  I haven't gotten over the high of it!  As I have mentioned before, I come from a line of Cubs fans.  I wish my grandma and grandpa were here to witness this, but I know they are looking down and celebrating! 

Nothing can really top that, but I do have a few other favorites from the week.

Halloween was another favorite this week.  I didn't really do anything to celebrate on the day, but I got some CUTE pictures of my nephew and friends' kids.  Jack was a Jack O' Lantern, he was the "Jack", had a shirt with O' and carried a lantern.  How stinking cute?  And so clever!  My parents spoil us and sent little Halloween packages this week.  I got a super cute infinity scarf, a Which Wich gift card (get it - like witch?  I totally didn't and my mom had to mention it to me!) and some yummy trail mix, which of course, had Halloween colored M&M's.




Skipping ahead to Christmas, for the past few years I have been lusting after Christmas plates from Pottery Barn.  I just think they are so pretty, and can help make the holiday even more special.  My mom and dad surprised me with a set of dinner plates this week, and I could not be more excited.  I go back and forth between wanting to use them or just use them to set my table for the season.  Either way, I am super pumped.



I made my mom's beef stew on Sunday and it tastes like home.  Make sure to check out the recipe if you are in need of a good, down-home, comfort meal!



I have been growing my hair out for the past few years, but at my hair appointment yesterday I decided to go for a change.  My inspiration was Kim from Kensington Way.  Her style is so sleek and classic - I just love it!  I guess this shouldn't technically qualify as a favorite because I am still getting used to the change, but my hair looks healthier and the decrease in dry time is definitely a good thing.

This weekend should be pretty low-key, which sounds pretty darn good right now.  Hope you have a great one!

Linking up with AndreaAprilKatie and Amanda.  



19 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that jack-o-lantern is darling! We called my jack that when he was a baby! Those Christmas plates are so cute. You def need to use them!! How fun to get a happy from your parents for Halloween!! I was excited for the Cubs win too!! Have a great weekend Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still on a high too and just cannot believe we are World Champions!!

    Jacks costume is amazing! So creative!! I love that your parents still send you Halloween goodies, I am so going to continue that with my kids always! And I love that plate! I always want every Chrstimas plate PB has!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for the Cubs!!!! That was such an exciting World Series! And I'm buying Christmas plats from PB this year! I love that your mom surprised you with some! How sweet! I think I'm going to buy the salad plates of the vintage Santa to use for my dining room tablescape. AND I LOVE YOUR HAIR!
    Sarah at MeetTheShaneyfelts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for your Cubs! I'm not into baseball but that was pretty darn exciting!

    Oh my gosh I love those plates! I'm so into everything Christmas right now it is kinda pathetic but I love it hahaha

    I wanna see your hair! I can imagine it looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the hairstyle you went for! Perfect for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE those Christmas plates!! I've been crushing on some from Pottery Barn as well and clearly need to just buy them :)

    happilyevergriedlscom.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. We were so excited for you guys to win, too! We don't normally even watch baseball and when we do we pull for the Braves since they're local, but I've always liked the Cubs, too. It was so neat to witness history being made!!

    You need to post a picture of your hair!!!! I want to see! I love the inspiration pic that you posted above... makes me want to cut mine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that is such a smart idea with the Jack'O'Lantern! Kind of wish I would have thought of it for my Jackson ;-) Seriously amazed at the whole world series..nothing cooler than going to game seven and having it drawn out like it was!
    I am with you on jumping into the Christmas things-SO EXCITED! Also think that haircut is adorable-can't wait to see how it looks on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Friday! The world series was great this year. That's when you know you have the best of the best playing each other when the games are so close and there's a lot going on. That Jack O' Lantern costume is adorable and very clever. You should post a pic of your hair!!! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a Cubs fan, but was happy they won, it was so fun to see how happy and excited everyone was! Love those Christmas plates and that haircut is so cute, I bet it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the Halloween treat bag your parents sent...the Which Wich gift card was the perfect "Halloween" addition, so creative and cute! YAY for your parents surprising you with those adorable plates!!!! I am hoping to start doing seasonal tablescapes next year!! The beef stew looks incredible, and is definitely making me even hungrier right now lol! Woo hoo for a new haircut! I always love getting one and if it decreases drying time it's a win in my book! Hoe you have a great and relaxing weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. AAAHHHH that Jack O Lantern costume is the best idea ever!! The Cubs have been SO MUCH FUN to watch in the post-season, and I am totally watching the parade on tv right now. I hope you have a great weekend!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun week!! That jack-o-lantern costume is amazing!! What a cutie :) I love that your parents send you holiday care packages. Those are my favorite kind to get. I can't wait to get out my Christmas dishes. Hope you have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am so happy the Cubs won the World Series. I was rooting for them even though they are not my team. They beat my Giants so I wanted them to win it all and break the curse! That stew looks heavenly. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everyone has been talking about the Pottery Barn Christmas plates... I need to take a look at them!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I did the same thing with the Cubbies, up until the last game. And boy, what. a. game!!! So exciting! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Jack-o-lantern costume! My Mom and Dad alwasy send me a Halloween card every year. That hairsyle looks perfect for fall. Have a great weekend! Jess at Just Jess

    ReplyDelete
  18. That beef stew looks delicious. I'm not a baseball fan by any means, but I'm glad the Cubs won. I know it was a long time coming.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Cubs winning was just so fun! I loved seeing those grown men celebrate like boys!

    ReplyDelete